Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Tech Remembrance thread.

SolarDwagon

Most times I mysteriously go from full health/shields to dead in a matter of seconds in a Corpus mission, I look around, and what do you know? There's a Tech~

I was a big fan of the period where their Supras malfunctioned though! 

Edited by Zandermanith222

1 hour ago, kyori said:

DE shouldn't nerf the tech. Now more people will cry that the game is easy. 

The game is "easy" because horribly broken Mods like Rivens and CP exist, as well as infinitely scaling powers like Energy Vampire and Spores.

Nerfing an enemy that has literally been complete and utter BS for the longest time isn't going to change that.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

DE shouldn't nerf the tech. Now more people will cry that the game is easy. 

This game never had challenge and wanting to nerf abilities to make this game less hack and slash isn't a good idea. The entire point of this game is being overpowered compared to the enemy. 

PS: People cry on the forums about literally everything so don't worry about it.

it's about damn time. say what you want but no machine gun is supposed to do THAT much DPS. even at level 15, techs are a considerably more damaging unit than any other Corpus out there, and can take down frames with ease. I'm fine with tough enemies but Techs could hit you at ridiculous distances and once their Supra was running full speed you were screwed. 95% of my downs/deaths at the hands of Corpus are because of Techs. the other 5% are goddamn Sapping Ospreys in hallways, I really hope they get hit next.

this is a good thing. I will not miss the old Tech at all. since DE are in the mood to look at enemies, they should look at Sapping Ospreys as well.

I'm so glad that their damage got nerfed.
They were hitting harder than snipers and at 750 RPM.  Something was definitely off there.
At least now they are going to be more in line with other heavy units.

Here is what 4 high level Heavy Gunners could do:
4018f85c20d75435e0ab8e2392c80b5a.jpg

Here is what 4 of the same level Techs could do:
fl7ysz5c4d8z.jpg

I don't see a reason for tech to do over 10x the damage as other heavy units...
Need to re-run this now after the nerf to check their damage.

Edited by Tsukinoki

32 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

this is a good thing. I will not miss the old Tech at all. since DE are in the mood to look at enemies, they should look at Sapping Ospreys as well.

The funny thing is, I heard that DE already nerfed Sapping Osprey a few times. By limiting the number of mines the osprey can deploy, and probably the damage as well (I think they used to hit even harder a few months ago. I forgot already).

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the other 5% are goddamn Sapping Ospreys in hallways, I really hope they get hit next.

Now those are the enemies that really need to be looked at.  Them and those damn Mutalist Osprey. 

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

" Techs OP! DE pls nerf!!!1!111!!!one!"

Techs get nerfed. 

"WTH DE YOU ARE RUINING EVERYTHING, IT'S TOO EASY NOW!!!!" 

Gotta love this community sometimes. 

and? did you expect anything less? 

people become a lot more vocal when a change isnt up their alley, this is no different

Edited by BlazenFury

Artificial difficulty slathered with bad scaling turned into a the best "hi, i just spawned behind you" murder machine where your best defense was seeing him before he takes aim. At least they never become that insanely armored like grineer. Instead, they possibly get to have nulifier support... great.

Edited by Firetempest

Alas, poor Corpus Tech! I knew him, Tenno, a Corpus of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath splayed me upon mine arse a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!

(With apologies to William Shakespeare)

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

The game is "easy" because horribly broken Mods like Rivens and CP exist, as well as infinitely scaling powers like Energy Vampire and Spores.

Nerfing an enemy that has literally been complete and utter BS for the longest time isn't going to change that.

Lol? CP is not broken... armor scaling is broken.