Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Ghosts" by Ballistica Prime

tocorro

Those "ghosts" produced with Ballistica Prime charged shot are so cool!
They (in my opinion) look what Shadows of the Dead should look like:

qEwhkzr.jpg

If there would be a poll to replace Shadows of the Dead with Ballisticas "Ghosts" - I'd vote YES!

(they're so much easier to discern from enemies in even the heaviest fights).

And how do you guys like those "ghosts" ?

• Like 2

How long the duration of balistica ghost stay up, or they are base on health? So now if we combine with necros shadow of the dead we will get an army of the dead, cool.

I think DE want to make nekros shadow of the dead as zombies like from nekros P trailer, yet it called shadow so yea this ghost is quite great as nekros Sotd. 

53 minutes ago, Avynire said:

How long the duration of balistica ghost stay up, or they are base on health? So now if we combine with necros shadow of the dead we will get an army of the dead, cool.

I think DE want to make nekros shadow of the dead as zombies like from nekros P trailer, yet it called shadow so yea this ghost is quite great as nekros Sotd. 

From Wikia they last for 7 seconds no matter the health.

6 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Because otherwise everything just becomes numbers I guess.

Yeah but like i thought tgat was the syndicates role to offer unique features to weapons or the rathuum and index mods.

Not against it just makes me curious.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Because otherwise everything just becomes numbers I guess.

Yup. I think in a fairly recent devstream Scott said he didn't like releasing variant after variant that was just basically a reskin that was either pure power creep, or just a really boring sidegrade (as in just a different skin, slightly different stats). He was getting sick of it, which was part of the reason we haven't seen so many new prismas and wraiths and stuff lately. 

Weapons like Cernos Prime, Ballistica Prime and others are definitely a new trend they seem to be going for, to avoid the same old deal. 

4 hours ago, tocorro said:

They (in my opinion) look what Shadows of the Dead should look like

Shadows should be inverted colors, or different glows. And certain effects should be outright changed. Disruptors are always annoying to have as allies. And the opsrey balls create the same blue effect which can be confused with other opsreys.

5 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yup. I think in a fairly recent devstream Scott said he didn't like releasing variant after variant that was just basically a reskin that was either pure power creep, or just a really boring sidegrade (as in just a different skin, slightly different stats). He was getting sick of it, which was part of the reason we haven't seen so many new prismas and wraiths and stuff lately. 

Weapons like Cernos Prime, Ballistica Prime and others are definitely a new trend they seem to be going for, to avoid the same old deal. 

It's an admirable mindset, but in this particular case I don't think anyone was ever worried about the Ballistica causing power creep. Silent non-thrown secondaries are not a particularly oversaturated supply right now, so a strong one worthy for higher level stealth play would probably be well received even without a unique passive (one that ironically kills it as a stealth weapon).

Honestly, I wish the new special perks they give to Prime weapons were given to the vanilla version as well, or even the entire weapon class in some cases. The Primes can still have an amplified version of that perk. But the improved combo counter for example would help set the Claw-type melee weapons apart from, say, swords.

6 hours ago, PurpleBomber said:

It's an admirable mindset, but in this particular case I don't think anyone was ever worried about the Ballistica causing power creep. Silent non-thrown secondaries are not a particularly oversaturated supply right now, so a strong one worthy for higher level stealth play would probably be well received even without a unique passive (one that ironically kills it as a stealth weapon).

True, but still, it doens't change the fact that a few stat buffs would be boring for a new weapon. I really like the way they're handling new stuff tbh, more unique weapons~

I mean, look at the nikana series, they have the old 'buff the new one' model and all people use are drgaon nikana, tehn the prime once it was out..

14 hours ago, tocorro said:

Those "ghosts" produced with Ballistica Prime charged shot are so cool!
They (in my opinion) look what Shadows of the Dead should look like:

qEwhkzr.jpg

If there would be a poll to replace Shadows of the Dead with Ballisticas "Ghosts" - I'd vote YES!

(they're so much easier to discern from enemies in even the heaviest fights).

And how do you guys like those "ghosts" ?

Imo they moslty look like SPECTERS should look.... (I said the same for void corrupted tho)

Specters is one of the less "readable" thing, we just spawn an eximus with no special aura. I now have to mark it to prevent my mates to fight it :clem:

7 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

While the visual is cool (no deny) I am interested in the power level. Do the ghost do the full damage of the killed enemies, how many of them can you have up and so on.

Tbh I'm not sure about the dmg they dish out. I managed to have 5-6 out a time, but since they vanish after 7 seconds it might be hard to make more. Still thay fight for you and draw away enemy fire, so thats a nice bonus.

Just now, 321agemo said:

just don't charge it. only a charged shot from the ballista prime produces a ghost.

Is the primary fire different from the others? If not, literally nothing else matters to me, and I consider it fodder. Hate the normal and Rakta variants primary fire so much.