Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we let it burn?

grigorije

Why not just let the relay get destroyed? Just for the kicks.

Heck, we might get a new one built by DE. Bigger, better, and armed to the teeth. Seriously, no wonder we lost two already - there isn't much you can expect from a bunch of guards carrying stock Bratons and Boars.

On a side note, I saw a guard messing around with someone's Liset. Better tell Ordis to keep an eye out for curious personel.

I for one don't want it to be destroyed, even though i'm curious about what happens.

I'm pretty sure most people are letting it get destroyed so newer players will not be able to access the relays so early on...And yes, I know for a fact there are people out there wanting the relays to be destroyed so new players don't gain access to relays early on in their playtime, mainly because those types of people are all about the pluto relay, and how it should be the last one standing.

I do find it quite selfish how people are willing to let something new players can join so early on be destroyed, just for their pleasure, but what can ya do about it? It's people's choices and decisions, and I for one will not start a flame war because of it. I can respect people's decisions, even if it is something quite selfish or mean.

*Equips fire resistance mod*

Edited by crimsonspartan1

2 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I do find it quite selfish how people are willing to let something new players can join so early on be destroyed, just for their pleasure, but what can ya do about it? It's people's choices and decisions, and I for one will not start a flame war because of it. I can respect people's decisions, even if it is something quite selfish or mean.

You're assuming it's not pre-determined, a few in my clan reckon it will burn and lead towards the 'rebuilding' of relay(s) mentioned in devstream and/or lead up to PoE, maybe needing a resource from PoE to build type of thing.

6 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I for one don't want it to be destroyed, even though i'm curious about what happens.

I'm pretty sure most people are letting it get destroyed so newer players will not be able to access the relays so early on...And yes, I know for a fact there are people out there wanting the relays to be destroyed to new players don't gain access to relays early on in their playtime, mainly because those types of people are all about the pluto relay, and how it should be the last one standing.

Flame war? But I am frosty as hell!

Well, I for one do not wish the relay to be destroyed so as to deprive new players of the experience, I just wanna see what happens. Also, I'm pretty sure DE would lift the MR requirement so it's alright.

Edited by grigorije

3 minutes ago, Duckboy3825 said:

But what will happen to The New Strange quest? The player needs to complete it to advance to the other 2 relays, but in order to complete the quest you must talk to Simaris in a relay. The player can't do that if none of them are available.

Holy crap tho... DE, ya done messed up 

I for example done care. Last time this event was here i farmed for hours and run the boss for another hours.. and at the end i had to buy the blueprint anyway.

Now..since i have the loot already i did 3 runs and dont plan to do it again. Not becouse the relay but i simple dont like it.

Edited by Mover-NeRo

5 minutes ago, Duckboy3825 said:

But what will happen to The New Strange quest? The player needs to complete it to advance to the other 2 relays, but in order to complete the quest you must talk to Simaris in a relay. The player can't do that if none of them are available.

Beat me to the punch, I was just about to post the same.

Brought this up in Region to folks last night during a discussion about the invasion system and relays.  Having the Larunda relay in-game is essentially required in order to not cause a progress blocker for newer players.  So while the idea of watching another relay explode for science does sound incredibly fun (I laughed when Strata went) it's something that really should not happen.

21 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I'm pretty sure most people are letting it get destroyed so newer players will not be able to access the relays so early on...And yes, I know for a fact there are people out there wanting the relays to be destroyed so new players don't gain access to relays early on in their playtime, mainly because those types of people are all about the pluto relay, and how it should be the last one standing.

As someone else already mentioned, this is likely the Gate DE was hoping for to initiate the "Rebuild the Relays" event they've been planning. After all, what better cause then the New Player's First/Favorite Relay being destroyed, and needing to be rebuilt.

(DE would sooner screw over Veterans than let their precious New Players come to harm, after all. Sort of a blunt truth there. They care about all players....but they care a little more about the New ones, and for good marketing reason.)

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

As someone else already mentioned, this is likely the Gate DE was hoping for to initiate the "Rebuild the Relays" event they've been planning. After all, what better cause then the New Player's First/Favorite Relay being destroyed, and needing to be rebuilt.

(DE would sooner screw over Veterans than let their precious New Players come to harm, after all. Sort of a blunt truth there. They care about all players....but they care a little more about the New ones, and for good marketing reason.)

So they gate an event, that is only useful to veterans with mountains of the original mats, with the destruction of a relay, resulting in a hard progress blocker for new players.

Have you really thought that through?

5 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

So they gate an event, that is only useful to veterans with mountains of the original mats, with the destruction of a relay, resulting in a hard progress blocker for new players.

Have you really thought that through?

Yep. Cause this whole deal is the only thing that makes sense in this current situation with the evidence I have available. If things go the way they are the New Player Relay WILL be destroyed, and DE WILL have to do something about it. (Assuming they don't some how use the hand of God/Developer to Jump this Shark and prevent the Relay's destruction.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

Just now, Tangent-Valley said:

Yep. Cause this whole deal is the only thing that makes sense in this current situation with the evidence I have available. If things go the way the are the New Player Relay WILL be destroyed, and DE WILL have to do something about it. (Assuming they don't some how use the hand of God/Developer to Jump this Shark and prevent the Relay's destruction.

You are missing my point. Whatever event you have imagined ushering in the Relay rebuilding will have to be added in a hotfix, if it is even complete. Said event would then last for, I would imagine, days. During this time period, between the destruction of the relay and whatever time it takes to rebuild it, any players who had not gotten past the need to visit Larunda would be locked out of progression through the star chart.

This is not something that could happen. This is not something DE would let happen.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

You are missing my point. Whatever event you have imagined ushering in the Relay rebuilding will have to be added in a hotfix, if it is even complete. Said event would then last for, I would imagine, days. During this time period, between the destruction of the relay and whatever time it takes to rebuild it, any players who had not gotten past the need to visit Larunda would be locked out of progression through the star chart.

This is not something that could happen. This is not something DE would let happen.

Eh. We'll know in 2 days, I guess. Either way, I'm not really all the affected by it. =w="

(I might be right, I might be wrong. Just gotta wait and see with DE. X'D)

Just now, Xavier1942 said:

Let it burn, for science!

and lets face it, every other relay we've lost up to this point has been to none other than Vay Hek and his Fomorians(i'm assuming), let Nef have his fun and take a relay so we can see whatever cinematic shall occur.

He'd probably make a Void comment. xD

1 hour ago, grigorije said:

Why not just let the relay get destroyed? Just for the kicks.

Heck, we might get a new one built by DE. Bigger, better, and armed to the teeth. Seriously, no wonder we lost two already - there isn't much you can expect from a bunch of guards carrying stock Bratons and Boars.

On a side note, I saw a guard messing around with someone's Liset. Better tell Ordis to keep an eye out for curious personel.

destory the rely, what the odds someone's home was in there    -=\ (-_-) /=-, oh yes burn it to the ground or exploded!

Less sarcastium, we did that already back then the dev didn't replace the rely at all because that how the stories goes, once its destory it stay destory.  The reason why we need rely is for the trades, an open wide trades.  The reason why we want open wide trades is because we don't get tax by the grineer's queen for they will take our plats about 100% "all your plats now belong to us" that the first thing the grineer's queen will say with the evil troll smile.  We already had few rely destory and its worth fighting for because its a place we can go back and for fill the syndicates and other deals we can do with Darvo which Darvo's home is on the rely really for real.

DE has said that they're likely to add relay reconstruction in the future, so we could see the return of the Strata relay on Earth to take Larunda's place.

It's also important to note that the corpus don't intend to destroy the relays, but to re-purpose them into their own military bases.

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

10 minutes ago, Duckboy3825 said:

DE has said that they're likely to add relay reconstruction in the future, so we could see the return of the Strata relay on Earth to take Larunda's place.

It's also important to note that the corpus don't intend to destroy the relays, but to re-purpose them into their own military bases.

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

Wow, now I am really curious. A relay under siege... sounds fun.

Edited by grigorije

2 hours ago, Duckboy3825 said:

DE has said that they're likely to add relay reconstruction in the future

The real question is if that system is ready to roll out in 2 days. Because if it isn't, and new players lose access to Larunda it is literally a progression stopper.

Since this is Neffy we're talking about... I'd imagine he forces a cute little Credit "tax" on every tenno entering the relay.
I'm not talking about huge numbers either before you crack your knuckles and blast me on how I'm wrong, I mean a measly 10,000 Credits, or something of the like.

With a lot of players constantly entering/leaving the relay, the total amount of taxed Credits could be a huge payout for Neffy, making him rich(er).

Edited by Trowicia