Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When you do stop being a new player?

(XBOX)Anbu Swift

Coming to the main point, I would describe the veteran player who is able to analyze, improvise regardless of anything & highly adjustable in order to complete the mission successfully in the end. After all," End justify the means of it", Just saying.  

Edited by IIWingSaberII

This seems to be an opinion driven question (and that's an opinion), though I guess that's sort of what General Discussion is meant for. If you're looking for opinions, you have them and will receive more. If you're looking for fact, I'm not exactly sure this question has one, solid, objective answer.

I'd say when you know what you're doing. If you know how to mod for a mission, what team comp with work well, where to find the information you need, etc. 

if you can find (or otherwise come up with) that information or know the question to ask, you're not a new player in my opinion. 

When you can solo any mission on the starchart w/o dying. At all.

When you have weapon/mod combos that can deal insane amounts of damage against any enemy.

When you have 90%+ of all the primed mods in the game (and the others are missing because of time gates).

When you can remember a core game mechanic that has been drastically altered or removed. Or can remember before one was added (rivens don't count).

When you can carry a team more often than be carried (and that doesn't necessarily mean having the highest kill count).

When you have a frame build for every possible Sortie scenario.

When you can help new players with almost anything.

When you can answer Player Helping Player questions about game mechanics and be 99% sure of your answer.

Then, and only then, can you be a true veteran.

Good Luck, Tenno.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

There's a bit of distance between no longer being a new player and being a veteran. 

I think you stop being a new player when you have all the main important mods maxed out (Serration is a particular high point) and you have a handle on modding generally, and you have a few frames and know them well.

I think being a vet is more about just having played a long time and seen the game through several of its major change and iterations (IOW when you can reminisce about how things were different before, then you're a vet).

You don't just jump from being a new player to being a veteran. You stop being a new player once you understand how the game works. What I mean by this is : You know how to mod your weapons and warframes,  how the movement system works and how to handle each enemy faction. Once you get past these steps, you are a core player. With time, once you learn the intricacies of modding and mix maxing, how to combo frames, weapons  or powers, how to best deal with a situation and so on, you`ll work your way towards being a veteran. 

53 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Anbu Swift said:

I have been playing warframe for about a year and a half and i was wondering when you stop being a new player and when you become a veteran 

Does it really matter? I've been playing since beta and it seems like I learn something new (big or small) each week.

44 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

Veteran do not go around asking for Nerfs

Veterans are the ones with the most grasp of the balance, generally, and are usually the ones asking for deserved nerfs.

Knee-jerks, new players, and people who enjoy the mechanic that's being discussed are the ones who oppose them, regardless of evidence.