Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new arca weapons.

Miser_able

So I looked at the patch notes, and these things sound interesting, but their descriptions are quite vague. The pistol is extremely vague. 

So if anyone has these yet, how do they behave? Are they good? Bad? Fun? Mr fodder? Anything would be good to know.

Edit:

ARCA PLASMOR 
Stagger targets with blasts from this Corpus engineered plasma shotgun. Surviving enemies are consumed with radiation. 

ARCA SCISCO 
This scoped pistol analyzes strikes, learning how to damage its targets most effectively. Achieve maximum damage output after five successive hits. 

ARCA TITRON 
Each successive kill from this massive electron hammer builds an electron charge that is unleashed with slam attacks. 

Edited by Miser_able

first impressions, just from the description of the gimmicks?

Plasmor - uh, primary detron basically. 28% status chance is just a tad shy of 100% status that makes Tigris family the monsters they are.

Sciscor - if you need 5 shots to kill an enemy, you're probably dead and/or dying. or against Heavies for which you probably have a better weapon to use on. 

Titron - Jat Kittag but... Corpus. aka Slam abuse, but this one requires actually attacking first...? also, 22% status chance for a slow-&#! hammer. okay then.

weird set tbh, but who knows. Titron probably has the most potential. also Plasmor is a pump action shotgun, so there's that.

The hammer is the best one in the Pack, followed closely by the shotgun. Triton has a really good mechanic on which every melee kill gets you an aoe wave of electricty or an equipped elemental during slam, you can stack up to 10 times. This pairs so well with Condition Overload, it;s a brilliant weapon. 

The shotgun shoots an Aoe wave of radiation + whatever element you put into it. It crits as well as proc quite often. It's rather impressive. 

The pistol is practically an automatic Knell. You start at 12% bonus crit chance and crit damage. You can get it up to 20% on both after 5 hits, but since we have lots of multishot, you`ll get to it in no time. 

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Just going by the raw stats, that's a good shotgun. It probably has some wrinkle that makes for a serious disadvantage, mind.

2.8 sec reload and 10m - 20m fall-off...and that's really it, aside from being a pure elemental weapon. Crit chance is low, but that's reasonable considering that it's really meant to be a status weapon. The sound it makes when firing is a bit meh. Note: I would not recommend putting Vicious Spread on this - it's really wonky...seems to generate another "wave" with some really wide scatter. You'll definitely want to improve projectile flight speed to increase range. Other than that, it's a fun and very useful weapon with a very cool looking reload mechanic. It's VERY good at vaporizing Grineer mobs at close range - so good it's probably going to replace my Hek and Tigris Prime as my "go to" anti-Grineer shotty.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I would like to know about that new pistol

judging by raw stats, the pistol is most likely a better version of the Lato with a Corpus aesthetic: large magazine, 4.67 rounds per second semi auto and low raw damage.. basically your standard pew pew semi auto pistol, but with the twist of the damage output increasing with each successfully landed shot, stacking up to 5 times, and also being relatively crit/status viable, unlike the Lato.

the shotgun looks interesting, numbers are a little unusual but it's got radiation damage. ideally it should be marginally more powerful than the Strun Wraith but not as powerful as the Hek or Tigris family.

the hammer looks like a Corpus take on the Fragor Prime: big, heavy and VERY slow, but it seems to have rather high slash damage for a Hammer. I like hammers but that attack speed though.. I couldn't use that without Berserker and maybe even fury on top of that, it'd be unbearable. (coming from a guy who always loves heavy melees.)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

judging by raw stats, the pistol is most likely a better version of the Lato with a Corpus aesthetic: large magazine, 4.67 rounds per second semi auto and low raw damage.. basically your standard pew pew semi auto pistol, but with the twist of the damage output increasing with each successfully landed shot, stacking up to 5 times, and also being relatively crit/status viable, unlike the Lato.

the shotgun looks interesting, numbers are a little unusual but it's got radiation damage. ideally it should be marginally more powerful than the Strun Wraith but not as powerful as the Hek or Tigris family.

the hammer looks like a Corpus take on the Fragor Prime: big, heavy and VERY slow, but it seems to have rather high slash damage for a Hammer. I like hammers but that attack speed though.. I couldn't use that without Berserker and maybe even fury on top of that, it'd be unbearable. (coming from a guy who always loves heavy melees.)

Thank you.

Also I'm curious, are they aesthetically pleasing when fired, how bout the sound of them? Or how bout when that alt explosive from the hammer goes off? Satisfactory?

Just now, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Thank you.

Also I'm curious, are they aesthetically pleasing when fired, how bout the sound of them? Or how bout when that alt explosive from the hammer goes off? Satisfactory?

i wouldn't know about that, haven't seen footage of them yet, and I'm on console like you. you'd have to youtube it.

6 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

A new shotgun that can't even reach 100% status without a riven or other gimmick is disappointing.

But it's a truck! It hits hard, not as hard as the Tiberon but seeing your enemies disintegrate on death is nice, and I think it has inate punch through as it shoots a wave that passes through other enemies.

1 hour ago, Rhundis said:

But it's a truck! It hits hard, not as hard as the Tiberon but seeing your enemies disintegrate on death is nice, and I think it has inate punch through as it shoots a wave that passes through other enemies.

Tiberon? I assume you mean Tigris XD

Innate punchthrough is cool and all but 100% status is better. Well this shotty has decent crit chance at least, but they could have made it a bit higher since it can't reach 100% status so easily.

I don't know why I would ever use this new shotty over a Tigris Prime or Strun Wraith.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

The wiki sure is fast on getting the information. There's already quite a fair amount of info.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Arca_Plasmor

Nothing to fancy other than innate Radiation damage, it just have a guaranteed Impact Proc on hit.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Arca_Scisco

Successive hits increases Crit chance and status chance.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Arca_Titron

Each kill will gain a (timed) stack for bonus damage on it's slam attack. Basically, kills build up stacks, and slam attack consume the stack.