Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #98!

[DE]Rebecca

QUESTION: A lot of rumors have been circulating since your reveal of the some Ostrum designs of armor during TennoCon that claim the armor will be for Tenno. While the news of *SPOILER* The tenno being able to reach a whole new level of power through the warrior classes have been confirmed (thanks for revealing that tidbit Rebecca) I feel there is a more pressing matter afoot about the customization of the warrior tenno's arsenal. Without delving too much into detail in case you wish to keep some things a suprise, how intricate will the customization for the warrior class will be, specifically the cosmetic side? Will the ostrum concept art shown be turned into in-game armor for the operator? Will other races and factions have armor for your Operator? Will the tenno be allowed to make certain armor pieces hidden to allow for those who wish to show off their cosmetic side in FasionFrame to be able to have more free reign with their customization of their operator? Since some people are worried that you'll be stuck in your armor once your operator makes the jump to the warrior class. etc.

Amongst the huge number of Plains of Eidolon questions I wanted to ask something on a different topic:

Will we see a mechanics rework for continuous weapons anytime soon?

The problem is twofold:

1. Status being applied on a "per-second" basis instead of immediately on proc, thus for something like corrosive or blast there is a noticeable delay between armor stripping/them falling over in the case of 100%. 

2. Multishot only providing a straight multiplier to the damage numbers instead of affecting critical and status chance like other weapon types. With the Simulor rework, there are now no weapons that you would not place multishot mods on, gimping all continuous trigger weapons.

Are there any plans to add any form of progression to rerolling rivens?

I don't necessarily want stat locking at a higher reroll price (though it would be awesome)

but i think there should atleast be some kind of progress to rivens even if its as small as being able to slightly change the chance for a stat to appear after each reroll

12 hours ago, Oranji said:

With the upcoming changes to the Arcane System, can we finally expect some changes to the following arcanes that are considered worthless by many?

• Deflection
  • Healing
  • Ice
  • Nullifier
  • Resistance
  • Warmth

Because these things are straight slap to the face whenever I get them. To the point where I really would've preferred getting an Anasa over it.

This is 100% correct. As raids are supposed to be end game so to speak content, there are far to many useless arcanes that have no use or platinum value to a player. I recall some time ago that DE does not focus on raids because there are so few that play them in the first place. I believe this could be fixed with the following. Keep the current Arcane system as is and allow a tenno to sell these at baro. Say 100 ducats for a rare arcane, 75 for uncommon and 50 for common. This might seem high but considering you can only obtain 1 arcane per day this seems fair. 

I mean the only thing I find to be a nightmare on NM LOR is the never ending deflection/healing/Resistance people tend to get. No point selling for credits as you get plenty of credits for completing the raids in the first place. 

Or rework the arcanes and replace them with something actually useful. This would hopefully encourage more people to do raids and also increase demand for new arcanes thus stimulating the trading market and hopefully plat sales for the company overall. 

With the new open world coming soon, how many quests will there be and will these solely be given from the locals within PoE? 

Will there be a rework of the focus when the new update hits? The concept of focus is great but its to punishing to add so many stuff to your focus as this only increases the time between uses and to be frank far to many are useless. I'd like to see more utility and other useful stuff added in the focus system. Eg increasing your cast time as a passive for example would be much more beneficial than say 20% chance to disarm enemies passing through your focus energy. Maybe design it around a tree skill system that other games have having a mix of power and utility so to speak. 

Once our operators choose to become warriors I assume they will be fully grown adults. Does this mean they will be able to date and repopulate their numbers again in some kind of capacity? Maybe this could tie in with a future war later down the line where we could possibly swap between tenno to fight an even more menacing threat?

All the best, The original Nef-Anyo :D

1 hour ago, jaxigar86 said:

With this giant leap ahead towards the mmo genre, have you all contemplated a different approach other than free-to-play?? keeping up with an open world is no easy task, and further developing/maintaining can bring a lot of challenges. will Warframe grown out of it's current frame with all this new content you guys are pushing?? Is that a pun?! Hmm.... I will attempt to bypass this fault. From a new player to the D.E family, I appreciate this unique game you guys have brought to life.

Plains of Eidolon isn't a move towards the MMO genre. It's a move towards the open world action game genre. Open world =/= mmo.

Will you include hard cover system (Uncharted/Gears Of War) for the operator as he is Mr. Squishyness and that would really enhance and change the pace of gameplay?

I know you didn't want to use it for frames, as it would kill the speed aspect of the game, but operator is not fast, physically weak (as you stated in MR24 test), and more prone to silent killing, so hard cover system would totally makes sense.

Will you rework operator's animations? The jump animation looks like a baby jumping with a full diaper.

Something less floaty would be lovely.

Wonderful, cant wait for the stream. :D

Q: In plains will Mag be able to pull fish out of water with her ability?

Real Questions:

1. With the addition of plains, what do you fine people intend to do with Damage 3.0? Will it be a drastic change to the damage system we know now? Or, will it be tweaks to how damage is added up and applied to enemies?

2. With raids, what does your road map look like involving them? Will there be major changes to them? If no changes are planned, why have you been holding up on fixing known game breaking bugs/ not so game breaking bugs within some of the raids?

3. Lastly, with the upcoming warrior tenno thing in plains, will the focas tree reflect the type of warrior/class our tenno becomes?

Hope you guys anwer these.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Archwizard said:

They can, actually. Even though they're opposed to Red Veil, Hexis/Suda players can increase their rep via Steel Meridian to get the Large Ammo Restores.

Eh, you mean if they only generate Steel rep without even doing Hexis/Suda dailies?

That's not really being a Hexis/Suda player, it's being a Steel Meridian player (who happens to have positive standing with Suda/Hexis), but okay, I get what you're saying.

9 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

Q: In the topic of rivens, I know there are others in the community that are as concerned about this as I am. Are you expecting to make warframe rivens in the future or not? (please say no)

If there ever comes a day when the warframe rivens are introduced, it will be the day of me permanently uninstalling the game ^^ It would utterly break the game and ruin it with the power creep..

Also on the other note, I don't understand why are people still asking for the damage 3.0 . No need to fix something that isn't broken. Current damage system is good and compared to any other game, very advanced. It works perfectly fine.

I have some questions if i can:

1. Will be some kind of exploring with well hidden places on Eidolon?

2. If yes will be some sort of reward for founding this place?

3. What about a nights "invasions" on Eidolon? Will be there only the giant sentient or many enemies with drastically growning levels? (i hope so)

4. Will Eidolon be located on Earth or it's completely new planet?

5. You said last time about new arcanes. Can you tell more about it? If i understund they will be placed on hilts of melee weapons. In my opinion better option would be the possibility to get finally a use of sugatras for that. (Correct me if i m wrong)

6. We saw a pet shop and the "mask" shop, so will we get a possibility to buy new pets (not only kubrows, kavats, but also birds and those scary rabbits) and customizing or some sort of that kind of our helmets?

I think it's all. Feel free to answer those @[DE]Rebecca

Edited by Kazdaniarz