Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.8

[DE]Connor

Just now, [DE]Connor said:

Made the Resource Theft bounty objective count as a success when the defense timer finishes, as a workaround for the armoured vault not opening. (still working on a proper fix!)

damn, i loved using the handshake emote to glitch into it

1. Still no fix for ZARR not reloading > reloading endlessly in AW-mode.

2. Still no fix for floating operator Hair part that rendering when Dynamic Resolution: ON.
It renders any object invisible if your view is blocked by that hait part. Also disrupts operator weapons since it can actually hit that transparent hair instead of the enemy you're aiming.
As per:

3. Still no fix / explanation for anti-Archwing homing missles that pretty much all Tusk enemies have for some reason. Missles simply ignore things like Amesha's 1, 2 & 4 invulnurability, also Zephyr's Turbulense, while other projectiles are working as intended.

Example - Tusk Butcher using homing rockets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-J9E-L8j7M

4. Instant switch for enemy weapons (ex. Heavy Gunners switches from Grattler to Kohmak and vice-versa).
Not really critical until view in conjuction with previous point - enemies pretty much instantly react to the Arcwing presense in area, instantly switching to homing rockets that are borderline unavoidable.

So are you all not going to improve the Archwing gameplay experience at all? Not going to make the Archwings more resilient against Hellion rockets and turret missiles? Still going to stick with fish oil as an illogical requirement for archwing?

6 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

I think abandoning missions should be removed altogether. I see no reason for it to exist, all it does is fail players unnecessarily - such as when players teleport into the objective area with void dash ot Itzal, or when a host lags one of the clients out of the area (that has happened to me twice).

Yeah it makes sense, the only problem with that is that they can completely scrap the 'take back camp' objective if they remove mission abandoned.

There is nothing to defend per se, so you just move away from the camp and wait for the timer to expire, and mission accomplished.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Made the Resource Theft bounty objective count as a success when the defense timer finishes, as a workaround for the armoured vault not opening. (still working on a proper fix!)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!THANK YOU! THANK YOU! 
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Still no fix for the following bug:

Ammo mutation mods do not appear to be working if you walk from Cetus out onto the plains - this also affects Carrier's Ammo Case precept which does not appear to be working at all, even increasing weapon ammo count.

If you go directly to the plains from your orbiter everything works normally, but if you walk in to Cetus and back out, it's broken again.

Ammo mutation and Carrier's Ammo Case work just fine in the rest of the game.

Made the “abandoning mission” trigger more aware of verticality - hopefully fewer fails when flying in from high above the objective!

How about if we just remove this from the game entirely since it's unfair, overly punishing, poorly communicated, vague, unnecessary, frustrating, and shouldn't have been in the game in the first place?

This mechanic felt bad in Armored Core on the original Playstation in 1998. 20 years later on PC it feels a lot worse. The game doesn't need this. No one asked for this. No one wants this. It's bad. There is no upside to this "mechanic". Please remove it from the game entirely, sooner rather than later. I know DE likes to try new ideas and that's a good thing sometimes, but the "insta-lose-a-multi-stage-mission-that-takes-longer-and-provides-less-rewards" idea is just bad and shouldn't be in the game.

it seems like the best way to fix the "bounties arent worth doing because 99.9% of the time you get garbage" problem could just be giving us token rewards and letting us buy things we might actually need eventually. i seem to remember someone mentioning this was an idea way back before plains hit (i think it was tacticalpotato), and im vastly disappointed you didnt go with it. instead you gave us another sortie loot table, which people already hated when it was just once a day.

Archived