Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you haven't checked out Qynchou yet, you should.

METAHUMVN

Qynchou is by far one of the best Warframe YTs out there. I really think it would be great if DE would partner with him to make some real official "guides" for Warframe that would be published through their official game channels. And maybe even in some online codex thing?

Edited by UMBRACORP

1 minute ago, UMBRACORP said:

Qynchou is by far one of the best Warframe YTs out there. I really think it would be great if DE would partner with him to make some real official "guides" for Warframe that would be published through their official game channels

As someone who has never even heard of this person.

What is so great about him?

Why is he one of the best?

I have found perfectly good guides, not by him. Why do I want/need his guides?

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

As someone who has never even heard of this person.

What is so great about him?

Why is he one of the best?

I have found perfectly good guides, not by him. Why do I want/need his guides?

He puts a lot of effort into his videos to make them extremely cinematic and refined. He also has amazing presentation and possesses a deep knowledge of the game. I've heard some people disagreeing with his builds, as he tends to focus more on creating builds that are as deadly as possible (and thus requiring a high level of playskill). But he's awesome anyhow, I'm surprised that more people don't know about him. 

2 minutes ago, NiGhtZ95 said:

He is already a warframe partner :satisfied:

I know, I'm talking about DE actually publishing the guides he makes through their own official channels. I've been playing with a lot of new players lately (especially Twitch steamers) and we all agree that some in-game, official guides on how to be "meta" would really help because not everyone watches Warframe content on Youtube as much as some of us. 

7 minutes ago, UMBRACORP said:

official guides on how to be "meta" would really help because not everyone watches Warframe content on Youtube as much as some of us. 

But no one needs to be “meta”. Why encourage new players to get meta gear?

They lack the mods, they lack the weapons etc.

I do not watch any Warframe content online. I do not need help with this. I make my own builds, and they work fine.

A well made guide, generally speaking. Nothing new to me, I hoped for some hints on tactics. The mention of first taking down all limbs to min. health is a good advise (which I found out on my own when first fighting the teralyst solo and having full control on the combat).

Incorporating side resources into official ones has an issue of a possible lose of content when it's no longer available on the side.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

For me personally I watch his content purely for cinematical ideas. I don't really fancy being recommended a build. But I really like his presentation, with a little work he can turn this skill into something that may become more lore friendly I may see a position there, but as it is, he is a great youtuber that puts effort into his work (something that is rare). Though I suspect if I was someone that likes to min-max using others builds, I would personally prefer the content to be quick, concise, and easy to follow, and if I wanted a personality to follow I would want someone that I can really relate to, or learn from. I can't speak for anyone but me, but he does create, and fill the niche market he aimed at, so I emplore him to continue if he enjoys the game and helping people with amazing content.

I know my glyph makes it seem that I also am one of those people who like to min-max using Noobshowteks builds, but personally I really like this logo, and none of the others look this cool - just my opinion. :)

Edited by Fake_Tree

15 minutes ago, Soldier1312 said:

Honest question: why do you guys care so much about youtubers these days?

I think it's the "celebrity effect". "If they had the the cajones to put themselves out there on the randomly toxic digital landscape, they must be cool? RIGHT?!"

Thats just what I've seen though from the way some friends talk about people like that Markiplier fellow and the like.

Question, why does Qynchou deserve to be highlighted more than someone like Brozime, Tactical Potato, N00blshowtek, Frznballs, H3adsh0t or any of the other hundreds of Warframe partners who are involved in this game? Why does he deserve to be immortalised in official game guides or in an "online codex?". What does he do, that everyone else doesn't?

This is just a fanboy-post. I've always found Qynchous vids to be incredibly boring/depressing. Mainly because of that weird ever-present ambient music in the background and his voice which makes him sound like he's dead inside.

Look, guys! Another fanboy post about some random guy on the internet!

Jokes aside, why would I want to see his videos?

There are already many different guides out there, most of which are just as good as you claim this guy is, if not even better. Not to mention that, just because you like him, doesn't instantly make him "one of Warframes best YouTubers". And why would DE partner up with him? They're the Devs, for RNGesus' sake. If anyone could make a "real" guide, it's them. The only reason for it I see is if they're too lazy to do it themselves.

And I don't think I need to say that I never even heard of this guy. I mean, I would have, if he's really "that great", eh? And just by looking at the title of that video, "solo teralyst capture"...why on earth would I watch that? Where's the fun in solo-ing a teralyst? It doesn't give you any special reward, so what's the point?

Seriously, I generally just ignore the existence of people like this qynchou guy, "tactical" *cough* Potato, and the others. But it's fanboy-posts like this one that make me think that they're nothing else than a bunch of clickbaiters. If I want a guide of some sort, I browse the damn wiki. It's there for a reason. Or do I really need to send out these "let me google that for you"-links to everyone?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly "salty" about it, it's just annoying to see these posts everywhere.

People have linked me a few of his videos in the past. Quality over quantity comes to mind.

Tbh I don't really follow any partners/youtubers when it comes to Warframe. I did when I first started up, since it was so much "hidden information" in this game.
Didn't feel the need when I was beyond that beginner stage. 
The only youtuber I'm currently subscribed to is Tavier Corsair. And afaik he's not even partnered.
Very creative and entertaining videos!

2 hours ago, Soldier1312 said:

Honest question: why do you guys care so much about youtubers these days?

I realize most people ask this question to sound cool and knowledgeable. It's a way of putting others down that need help with some aspect of the game.

But on the off chance you are really looking for an honest answer, here goes.

People who like sports watch espn, people who like cooking watch food network, and people who like warframe, watch warframe videos. It's pretty simple.

I really don't get this general hatred for content creators. I mean, what have they done to any of you personally to deserve such harsh and salty words? These people are just trying to make an extra buck or two from the content that they create, and many players actually find them entertaining as well as informative. Nothing wrong with that in my book. We can always not watch anything that we don't like...

I personally like Qynchou's videos because of their entertainment value and his presentation style, which is different and more polished than the average youtuber. Having said that, to make him the official guide creator is debatable. I could think of a coupe of better candidates.

5 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

I really don't get this general hatred for content creators. I mean, what have they done to any of you personally to deserve such harsh and salty words? These people are just trying to make an extra buck or two from the content that they create, and many players actually find them entertaining as well as informative. Nothing wrong with that in my book. We can always not watch anything that we don't like...

I personally like Qynchou's videos because of their entertainment value and his presentation style, which is different and more polished than the average youtuber. Having said that, to make him the official guide creator is debatable. I could think of a coupe of better candidates.

As long as it's not Mogamu and that attention drama queen I'm fine.