Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why there is a daily cap for ostron and quills standings?

akira_him

4 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

I do not get the mindset of the people above, if you cannot have something then others shouldn't as well? Why?

For all I care, almost every hardcap in this game could at least be turned into a softcap.

You mean like what they plan to do with Focus gains? Get plenty and then as you gain more aply diminishing returns to the point is not even worth the time and effort to continue? I'm okay with that.

4 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

I do not get the mindset of the people above, if you cannot have something then others shouldn't as well? Why?

For all I care, almost every hardcap in this game could at least be turned into a softcap.

What are you talking about "the people above"?
No one implied anything like you say we did...
Not a single one of us said anything about other people not getting stuff we don't have... We all simply stated that there is basically a time gate placed to slow down ppl who whould otherwise be done in a few days. That's not an opinion, or a statement made in jealousy, it's just how it is with WF...

Do you just like make up posts in your head, and then answer them as if they were posted by others? 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb JuicyButthurt:

This would be great. Hardcaps are just super lame.

To those saying it's so players don't rush through content:
If that's the point (which most likely is), it's done wrong. They already allow players to rush it by overfarming fish/cores nonstop. If they wanted to gate it so players don't rush through content in a couple of days, they wouldn't allow us to stockpile items that are provided for standing. If you already have the fish needed to reach max rank but you can only turn in 25k a day currently at max, it won't make the players play more of that content, so either way they already rushed it in a couple of days, there's no reason for them to keep fishing while waiting for resets. A good example of well done progress gating is the other syndicates and their daily cap + limited amount of medallions obtainable a day.

8 hours ago, CeePee said:

It's to stop us blowing through the content in a couple of days, just time-gating.

I already have everything from PoE. I have the 3 good arcanes for amp and operator x10, the best amp, and all the BPs from Ostron. I also have 132,000 rep in Quills + Cetus standing. 

If Zaws weren't underwhelming, then I would spend time on them, but after all 6 leveled and guilded for MR, they cannot compete with the current weapons we have. With this, all the Exodia Arcanes are a waste of time.

DE has to hardcap us because they have yet to impliment a system that takes time to complete. And when they tried (focus), people complain.

They can't please anyone, so they just hard cap us.

9 hours ago, akira_him said:

You can stockpile fishes and core in one day and spend another 7 days to turn them into standings, so what is the point on the daily cap other than time-gating us?

if you can reset the cap with plat this make sense but you cannot

Unless you started playing Warframe right before making this post - I'd think you'd understand why...

Time gated crafting. Time gated dojo contruction. Time gated mastery retries. Time gated Conclave standing. Time gated Syndicate standing. Did you really think PoE standings would be any different?

Strictly to timegate.
This isn't going to change really.

They did this for syndicates and they did this to Focus initially.
Maybe after focus loses its time gating and gets a soft cap, we might be able to re-convince DE to take another look.

But even then, it is not going to be pleasant. 
Cos I can see players raging when their fish can only be sold for 50% of the standing for example.

6 hours ago, Mavor said:

Unless you started playing Warframe right before making this post - I'd think you'd understand why...

Time gated crafting. Time gated dojo contruction. Time gated mastery retries. Time gated Conclave standing. Time gated Syndicate standing. Did you really think PoE standings would be any different?

I can pay to skip crafting, you have limited syndicate badges to stockpile so the cap is meaningful to keep you playing the game, PoE standing doesn't serve the purpose of keeping you playing the game for days, you can literally stop playing PoE once you get enough fish 

1 hour ago, akira_him said:

I can pay to skip crafting, you have limited syndicate badges to stockpile so the cap is meaningful to keep you playing the game, PoE standing doesn't serve the purpose of keeping you playing the game for days, you can literally stop playing PoE once you get enough fish 

So? I dont see why that means it shouldn't be gated like the rest of the standing caps.

Actually, you stop playing PoE once you have everything the Ostrons, Quills and, unrelated to standing cap, bounties offer - which does indeed require you to keep playing for a good while, if I'm following your logic.

Bottom line - Its safe to assume anything using the standing system will always have a daily cap, whether or not it may make sense to you doesn't really matter.

There's also the function of limiting the possible output of rewards at the end, especially with Syndicate Standings. Currently, Cetus doesn't offer much but Syndicates do offer Relic packs. Without a daily cap on standing you can earn, Syndicate grinding would become an absurdly easy way to produce Relics in large batches. Without a cap or at least some form of limitation, the rewards will either have to be scaled up to match with the new amounts being earned, either being too easy for someone with more time or ridiculously hard for someone with less than 3 hours to spare, or just removed completely to keep those items within a level of rarity.

Perhaps they'll eventually include a good dump for Cetus and Quill standing that has good value.

18 hours ago, akira_him said:

You can stockpile fishes and core in one day and spend another 7 days to turn them into standings, so what is the point on the daily cap other than time-gating us?

if you can reset the cap with plat this make sense but you cannot

Same reason as all other caps like focus .... because if there is not a cap , you will see people maxing all focus schools in a couple of days ...

The cap is there because players have a tendency to grind super hard until the grind is over. They'll burn themselves out if they have to. So DE either makes the grind uncapped and slow, or capped and "fast." It's been viewed as healthier for it to be capped and fast. In either case people complain, though casuals win out with the latter method.

Basically, caps exist for casuals, to slow down hardcores, and to protect hardcores from prioritizing efficiency over fun (thus leading to burnout.)

Focus kind of fails on all fronts and quills somewhat less so, but nothing is perfect.