Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hardest codex entry to complete

I hate having to scan any Corpus drones. If you're not invisible, it's like they know when to do that little side move to mess up the scan.

I just started "Kuva" scans today, it almost broke me.

But I think that Manic Bombard Eximus has to be the most difficult to even get him to come I think it's like 40 to 60 minutes on survival (I think it was Ophelia, Uranus) and to spot him before accidentally killing him in the mess.

3 minutes ago, Deimos_Lynx said:

Those new "journals" from the ghouls event.

People with more than 40+ in that event didn't even finished it.

Just why.

it was a bit, a bait for players to finish the bounties and reach that 100%, because: 

1- it was a few days before holidays, they had to do something quick and easy 

2- the rest of the rewards were meh and you just got them from the latest event, so the lore was the only worthy rewards 

basically, it's a cheap tactic to make us farm

back to topic, manic eximus bombards for sure 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I hate having to scan any Corpus drones. If you're not invisible, it's like they know when to do that little side move to mess up the scan.

I just started "Kuva" scans today, it almost broke me.

But I think that Manic Bombard Eximus has to be the most difficult to even get him to come I think it's like 40 to 60 minutes on survival (I think it was Ophelia, Uranus) and to spot him before accidentally killing him in the mess.

wait wait.....I thought they only showed up in that SAB mission where you have to trigger the alarms and do other boring RNG stuff for it to show up.....I spent a whole freaking week doing that S#&$e and nothing >.> 

does it really show up on SUR? ;-; 

let's go with.... maybe Arcane Boiler, Lobber/Nauseous Crawler Eximus, Scavenger Drone Eximus, Nightwatch Manic, . Bailiff Eximus might also be pretty up there.

oh, Nervos. definitely Nervos. :^) lmao

Manic Bombards is EZ though, there's a Gamemode half devoted to them.

Just now, GinKenshin said:

wait wait.....I thought they only showed up in that SAB mission where you have to trigger the alarms and do other boring RNG stuff for it to show up.....I spent a whole freaking week doing that S#&$e and nothing >.> 

does it really show up on SUR? ;-; 

Actually, after reading this something rang true about it being on that Uranus sabotage where people go to complete that "find all caches" requirement for the junction. Since the corridor tiles are the same, I may be confusing the two nodes. I also seem to remember one showing up at Ophelia. I will hit the Wiki.

On 1/4/2018 at 4:25 PM, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Stalker..

I have Shadow Stalker maxed out but not a single scan of him and the everytime I see him, he is in his Shadow Stalker form.

Should have had a warning on The Second Dream "Go scan Stalker fully to start!"

I have 1 scan of normal Stalker. Also missed scanning the Tomb Protector Effigy in Sands of Inaros last night. Got the other 2 tomb scans, but my son and I killed the Effigy too fast before trying to see if we could scan them. Hope we get to replay that quest again sometime in the future. It bugs me now. LOL! Cool quest though.

• 2 months later...

Playing with New players that have stalker beacons, is the way to get the original stalker scans, for veteran players or those who have completed the second dream already to get those scans.

personally scanning the memes scouts and rangers in rush missions were terrible. I had a 100% codex and everything as of the shrine of the eidolon update, but now I am missing 2 grineer enemies, one to the right of tusk dargyn and one to the right of tusk shield dargyn, when sorting by name and faction grineer. Anyone have any idea or have these 2?

On 1/7/2018 at 11:17 AM, KnightOw7 said:

I have 1 scan of normal Stalker. Also missed scanning the Tomb Protector Effigy in Sands of Inaros last night. Got the other 2 tomb scans, but my son and I killed the Effigy too fast before trying to see if we could scan them. Hope we get to replay that quest again sometime in the future. It bugs me now. LOL! Cool quest though.

Just now, (PS4)eFF_d0t_BaBy_NyC said:

Playing with New players that have stalker beacons, is the way to get the original stalker scans, for veteran players or those who have completed the second dream already to get those scans.

personally scanning the memes scouts and rangers in rush missions were terrible. I had a 100% codex and everything as of the shrine of the eidolon update, but now I am missing 2 grineer enemies, one to the right of tusk dargyn and one to the right of tusk shield dargyn, when sorting by name and faction grineer. Anyone have any idea or have these 2?

The Lancing, Security, and Stabilization hives. They only spawn in missions of a lower level than the default mission, making them only spawn when a syndicate or other source lowers the missions level.

I still only have one scan of each.

Also, I don't know if it is still in there, but the Cascade Bomb item is also hard to get, as it only shows up once in a very early quest, and most players don't even know about scanning at that point.

Manic Bombard Eximus. 

There is a trick that makes it very easy to get him. 

The sabotage mission on Saturn (Desdemona) has a 50% chance of getting you the Manic Bombard as the objective that needs to be destroyed.  (the other 50% is the clone tubes thing).  When you start that mission, make sure the enemy sees you and activates the alarm.  Keep that alarm on for the rest of the mission!

If you get the manic bombard, just shoot him to get him out and with the alarm activate, this greatly enhances the chances of him coming out as an eximus unit.  If the alarms are off, it will always be a regular unit.  That's how I got my scans of him.

The carrion charger eximus, yeah that one was hard.  I had to do Defection a lot for their scans. After rescuing the 4th group of defectors do you need to start getting them killed for a chance to get them to spawn as eximus, not earlier than that. So it's time-consuming for sure.