Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spring-Loaded Blade Needs a Serious Buff

Voltage

16c2e6b199c5e0f4c38b638f06bd02d2.png

Gif:
b3eae6877e41721b1c54e34fdf1dcb85.gif

Spring-Loaded Blade seems to be the status weapon version of Berserker. It was worded just like Berserker, but it does not have a stacking effect with a cap. This makes the mod seriously underwhelming because +30% range without stacking is seriously lackluster.

Berserker on the other hand is a very good mod that is worded very similarly, but has a stacking mechanic that makes it desirable:
8b782743bdfcdea3c3efba082d1abd93.png

Gif:
a5a6d4610127ecd6ede8e5da9b44a811.gif

I propose Spring-Loaded Blade be reworded and stack-able like Berserker with a cap on the maximum range added on Status Effect.

Spring-Loaded Blade should become the Status version of Berserker, and not be a detrimental mod that adds literally HALF of what NORMAL REACH adds. This is seriously underwhelming and should be buffed to not be overpowered, but actually useful on something other than Zenistar.

11 minutes ago, Wrum said:

i didn't realize anyone even used this mod.

Only on my Zenistar, it's great for that. I guess the spin2win crowd might be using it as well, not sure.

PS: I see no reason to buff this.

Edited by Snib

+75-90% weapon range at 3 stacks would be pretty reasonable. Would put in line with Berserker, not make normal Reach useless (give you've only got a moderate advantage in weapon range for the cost), and not have it stepping on Primed Reach's toes, given the latter represents a much bigger investment in the weapon.

"Please allow me to spin through missions even more efficiently by buffing this mod, thanks."

Primed Reach is +165%, and most decent weapon setups will be working pretty hard to include it or any reach boost, an attack speed buff, combo multiplier extender, damage mods, a minimum of one ramp-up mod (Blood Rush or Condition Overload, likely the latter in this mod's case), and a healing mod.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

6 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

"Please allow me to spin through missions even more efficiently by buffing this mod, thanks."

20 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

This is seriously underwhelming and should be buffed to not be overpowered, but actually useful on something other than Zenistar.

I am well aware how overpowered too much range can be. Please read the post next time instead of a salty joke that contributes nothing to the thread or issue. I am proposing to buff this mod so that it can have more use but be a niche mod that applies only to Status weapons. Right now, it is one of most useless mods for a status-based melee next to this horrible mod:
latest?cb=20171007152959

15 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I am well aware how overpowered too much range can be. Please read the post next time instead of a salty joke that contributes nothing to the thread or issue. I am proposing to buff this mod so that it can have more use but be a niche mod that applies only to Status weapons. Right now, it is one of most useless mods for a status-based melee next to this horrible mod:
latest?cb=20171007152959

A flat 15% increase would fix this mod. Give some status even for low status melees...

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Chipputer:

Yeah I simply hate what has become apparently the accepted norm with melee meta. Stupid clown show with range on rivens, maiming strike, macro use.

As far as I am concerned this is just a sneaky attempt to make Atterax finally clear two rooms at once.

Spring-Loaded Blade itself is a completly useless mod, if it doesn`t stack you get more range on a regular reach mod.

If that was changed from range to pretty much anything else i could agree with the buff. 

Status weapons already are some of if not the most damaging melee weapons in game currently. Saying you want to buff this because it'll only fit on status weapons is like saying buff the tigris prime because it doesnt do large enough slash procs

I'd rather it was changed to add a flat range boost (say, up to 3 meters?), so it doesn't empower weapons like polearms and such particularly much, but rather helps the low-range weapons like fists, daggers, claws etc, which could need all the help they could get.

Actually... all the melee range mods should work like that imo, as that'd ever so slightly reduce the polearm/whip meta a bit, I bet.

The problem I see with adding in too much range on melee weapons is the area covered by spin/sweep attacks.  Being able to hit and enemy 10 meters away from you as opposed to 8 might seem harmless but the area for spin attacks that increases from about 201 square meters to 314 square meters, and that only gets worse the further you go.  As more melee range mods are added, they have to have reduced gains to prevent exponentially stacking effectiveness.

If we further compared the mods. Berserk is a flat 1.75x DPS multiplier while Reach is a conditional multiplier. The value is replaced by an avg of potential targets instead of a being consistent so attack speed is automatically a better stat point for point. Primed Reach at 2.65x is a lot more comparable to Berserk's 1.75x. In this comparison Primed Reach has aprox 51% more raw stat value than Berserk. If we compared Spring Loaded at 75% to Primed Fury then Spring Loaded has 13% more stat value.

Spring Loaded would need to actually give around 135% total Reach in order to have the same stat ratio with Primed Fury as Primed Reach and Berserk have. In the end it's less about comparing one mod with another or the mod's rarity and more about what you're getting for that mod slot.

Well either way, if anything this further backs the mod in it's current state is a joke.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Azamagon:

I'd rather it was changed to add a flat range boost (say, up to 3 meters?), so it doesn't empower weapons like polearms and such particularly much, but rather helps the low-range weapons like fists, daggers, claws etc, which could need all the help they could get.

Actually... all the melee range mods should work like that imo, as that'd ever so slightly reduce the polearm/whip meta a bit, I bet.

That would be really nice, all very short range melee weapons are a pain to use. 

It needs a serious buff, very true, for how long it takes to get, It is very much useless. The idea of a flat range boost is good, but I don't think its in DE's mind to make a dagger hit a target from 3 meters away or whatever the buff may be. Can someone tell me how this works on zenistar? I've been grinding it for hours on end and all I've gotten is a like 20k credits from a 1 hour farming session, and yeah my farming session was made up of vaults left, right and centre, thats why it took way too long. I've done like way too many incursions for my liking, like come on 20 drones, 7 vaults, 2 assassinations, 5 sabotages and 2 caches.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb CaptainJLP:

I don't think its in DE's mind to make a dagger hit a target from 3 meters away or whatever the buff may be.

OH COOOOME ON! 

It seems it is in their mind a whip can go through walls and polearms basically hitting 2x beyond their actual model. Otherwise they would have stepped in at some point.

Don`t apply logic/realism on one end and let it run wild on the other.

For pretty much every weapon i tried it on, the 30% was underwhelming and came with a damage loss from having to swap something out and ruined the weapon.  This includes on my zenistar.  The additional range is 30% of base range and was completely negligible. the damage lost from having to remove a mod to fit it however was not.  I do however already have pReach + 80% riven range.