The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Free Tennogen on PC

djdnqn

TennoGen-mod.png
dont have much to say....  MR25 here and just wanna what developers "free" tennogen (buy whit platinum)  on PC, and give the change of buy whit steam money or platinum like console do it, i think we have the right too, because we are "testers" of consoles from alpha of this game, we do a great job reporting bug, glichs, and stuff when a update is realise.
dont kill me whit bad comments, just wanna do better this game.... peace!

1 minute ago, djdnqn said:

and if dont use Steam to play?

Download the steam version, that’s what I did. I just update it when new tennogen comes out.

Or, I think you can use the link steam economy option in the Warframe account manager.

It doesn't seem rather fair to the people who actually create the tenno gen, when you buy tenno gen skins, some part of that money you spend actually goes to the creators, not DE, and frankly if I was really skilled at modeling and creating things like those who've made the Tenno Gen stuff, I would much rather get paid in actual funds I can use to pay bills, buy food, or buy plat, vs just getting plat.

Es Injusto que los de consolas compren las cosas de tennogen y todos los de Pc si tenemos que comprar las cosas con dinero real y no con pl y si nos tenemos que aguantarnos todos los errores solo para que las consolas no lleguen ningun error

Edited by xX1ALUCARDXx

9 minutes ago, djdnqn said:

soo... the "Fashion Frame" don't exit

In this case, it exists, you just don't have it until you play on a linked Steam account and buy it with Steam wallet funds. Just another journey for 'fashion frame' endgame I guess.

14 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

You know, I never really got why wouldn't people use steam to play... Any good reason to not use it? 

Maybe the person downloaded the game directly from the site before it was on steam.
Too lazy to uninstall and download from steam.
Don't want anything steam has to offer for this game.

Edited by INight00
To each their own.

2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

In this case, it exists, you just don't have it until you play on a linked Steam account and buy it with Steam wallet funds. Just another journey for 'fashion frame' endgame I guess.

i just say what console dont use Steam and they (consoles) have tennogen by Platinum, and just wanna what developers give us the option to buy: steam money or platinum. is not too much, just are dates....

13 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

You know, I never really got why wouldn't people use steam to play... Any good reason to not use it? 

I only use it if its forced onto me and putting warframe on steam is a no no for me, warframe is  way to good of a game to be on steam  =). 

Mostly I don't understand the reason for a 3rd party program to be running to be able to play the game most games got friend list in them so no reason for that. But the biggest reason  I hate steam with a passion is from one of the very first games I started playing with my brothers on steam. Warhammer dawn or reconning or something like that it was called and this game had a last stand (20 waves battle) and here is where the fun starts. 95% of the times you would get close to wave 20 you get the message "steam maintance" and the game kicked you out this could happend like 3 times in 30min. On steam there was nothing really going on that I could see no patching or anything so what this maintances was I still don't know. This happend so many times that it made it near impossible to even try to reach wave 20 before steam would kick you out.

After that I just try to avoid having a 3rd party program tell me when I can and cannot play if the game have a server downtime so be it but if a 3rd party program can kick you out when ever they want is just wrong.

12 minutes ago, djdnqn said:

i just say what console dont use Steam and they (consoles) have tennogen by Platinum

The problem: many people buy it on PC as is. I downloaded the Steam version just for tennogen (I do not want to link my accounts). DE has a good system that works in place already, why would they change it? There could be negative effects to this. Consoles are different to PC, if you want to pay platinum for it, you really just have to get a console account, and play on console.

If you can, just download the steam version and buy through that with Steam funds. Then just play on the normal client.

Edited by krc473

3 minutes ago, djdnqn said:

i dont speak English ok? thanks for comment have a nice day, and google traslate dont do his work... but you have the point of what i wanna do.... please comment about that.... peace!

Didn't Mean to seem Like i am disrespecting you. Usually People say they don't speak English before Posting in English to keep comments like mine from happening.

3 minutes ago, -Gundam- said:

proof.  Sorry, had to call that out...

Thanks my bad.

First of all don't call it free because that's entirely misleading and is going to quickly get your suggestion over looked, platinum is a paid currency, buying it with said currency does not make it no longer cost money, it just alters the pathways the money goes through. Secondly,  if you want to sell a company on an idea, you should be trying to convince them they win from it, not that you feel you'd win. 

I fully agree it would be more pleasant if platinum could also be used to purchase tennogen though, if DE could manage it without any significant complications/losses. 

To clarify to the OP:

It is a really difficult contract DE has with Steam regarding TennoGen workshop.

The thing works like this. The content creators get I think around 35 - 40% of the payment. Rest goes to Steam and DE, not sure the percentage on who gets how much.

When it comes to releasing TennoGen to Consoles it's different. DE has to take into account the TennoGen platinum prices they are going to select, and further make a calculation aproximate on how many pieces of each TennoGen will likely be sold, and that amount turned converted to real money to be distributed to the creators.

This way, DE protects themselves, and the covers for content creators and their well spent time.

If you are so stingy about spending some money for buying something you LIKE, then I can't imagine how you spend for things you don't really need or want.

TL;DR
Steam and DE take a cut from the skin profit on PC, DE gives direct money to content creators for skins that will be sold on consoles. Deal with it.

It's good to support the creators but all the people can not necessarily pay them more if it was cheaper there would have been less demand for the pass in pl because seriously 7 euro for a skin ... .
In addition the consoles have a 75% on the market which is even better than the 75% platinum for most people.

Tennogen would only be able to be bought on PC with Platinum if you want to give up the discounts on Plat purchases being available. If there is a solid, rarely changed exchange rate between USD/whatever currency and Platinum, it wouldn't be hard to give the creator X percent because there would be a static real-world value to it.

Now, it could be anywhere from 20% to 75% off the stated price of Platinum from DE. You can't go to someone, having said they would, for example, get 40% of the purchases, and say 100 people bought it at 100 Plat. Due to the "value" of the Plat people used, you get 50% of the value of 40 Plat. Next 100, more people using 75% off coupons bought your work, you get only 30% of the 40% you were promised, with a contract.

Just now, Emulad0or said:

I try not to use steam simply because you don't "own" steam games - your whole library can be taken away at any point with no explanation needed (Getting banned, Valve shuts down, new mandatory subscription fee, etc)

That being said, I do play Warframe through steam.

1 hour ago, djdnqn said:

i just say what console dont use Steam and they (consoles) have tennogen by Platinum, and just wanna what developers give us the option to buy: steam money or platinum. is not too much, just are dates....

Yes, consoles have it, we PC players don't - we go through Steam if we want the option. Consider it similar to doing a mission you don't particularly like, You can have Steam just for Warframe and other free to play clients you might like if that is your call.