Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a game that hands out Nerf's more than or equal to WARFRAME?

(PSN)AtomicEyekon

Being in my mid-20s I played a lot of games growing up having many different gaming devices. Yet regardless if it's PVP PVE offline online no game have i experienced has had so many Nerf's handed out.Whether there new players or they've taken a break I constantly run into people that are not aware of the "changes"  to warframes and weapons.

Most bothersome is on a personal level when it affects me I spent time to level this Warframe or weapon to mod it to put reactors Catalyst or formas on it. Yet regardless of what I do is the developers end decision of what happens to my item.

WoW, Rift, Neverwinter are games that come to mind which do a much better job of wasting a player's time.

In fact, if I recall WoW was the game that coined the term FoTM (Flavor of the Month).

In other games nerfs are disguised better through level cap increases. When the Developer loses control of "balance" they reset the bar by increasing the level cap or they make up a new stat like "Expertise" and create "Set Bonuses" that bottleneck players into specific builds and items. They give you less freedom in return for less balance changes.

Far as level cap increases. I recall Hemo being one of the most powerful builds in Vanilla WoW but in BC? Where did it go? Dead. They didn't have to nerf it. They just made it irrelevant, same outcome though. In Neverwinter players spend tons of money getting full Teneberous sets only to have a simple mechanic change destroy all that work and I'm talking hundreds of dollars or hundreds of hours in game time. In Warframe you lose like 1-2 hours to Forma something up. Not even close.

Do they go overboard when they nerf something? Sure, 90% of the time they do but it's not nearly destructive as other games.

Let me say 3 things to answer you title question: Blizzard, Overwatch and Mercy. 

If you really want to talk about frequent nerfing, buffing, or all around changing - look no further than Blizzard. Any title they possess has just about as many changes, nerfs or buffs, per updates than Warframe has had over its lifetime.

If you want to talk about reworks, that’s a whole other ballpark that Blizzard also is well known for. And they’re done for the sake of balancing, updating to new content, or to matching to current content. 

Warframe does their reworks to keep frames relevant, and to keep up to current content they’re released.

Edited by pikaseechu

I've seen quite a few overwatch nerfs in the short time i've had it, as has been said LoL nerfs and buffs things every 2 weeks and MMO's i've played, while they're not nerfing many things increase level caps and content difficulty regularly making you feel like you've been nerfed until you get new gear. 

As nerfs and buffs go, I agree with most of what DE have done, since they're trying to make a wider variety of content viable rather than a set few small things

Think they do a good job.   Takes them a while sometimes, but they get it done sooner or later.  Pretty simple. rule to follow.  Don't get overly attached to any one thing in the game.   Especially if its something you know, whether you admit it in public or not, is broken.  Just enjoy it till it gets balanced.   One trick Tenno don't do well in the long term.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:02 PM, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

Being in my mid-20s I played a lot of games growing up having many different gaming devices. Yet regardless if it's PVP PVE offline online no game have i experienced has had so many Nerf's handed out.Whether there new players or they've taken a break I constantly run into people that are not aware of the "changes"  to warframes and weapons.

Most bothersome is on a personal level when it affects me I spent time to level this Warframe or weapon to mod it to put reactors Catalyst or formas on it. Yet regardless of what I do is the developers end decision of what happens to my item.

Hehehe... I remember when I went to the Smite forums and begged for them to stop nerfing the living out of a certain character. That happens more often than any balance changes in Warframe.

OP clearly never played other MMO / online multiplayer game other than Warframe.

Blizzard Entertainment, who own World of Warcraft, Diablo, Overwatch, Heroes of the Sotrm, Hearthstone, and Starcraft, not only nerfs, also rework their games more than ones every Expansions / major patch.
They even actively do hotfix and even admit to stealth nerf after a hotfix because of reasons.  Not only that you will feel that it's unbalance, they're also bias on some of their "buffs".
Mage class in World of Warcraft is a great example of bias buff.

Warframe nerf? What nerf? I just re work my mods and items. This "nerf" is too tame that I don't even feel the change.

Edited by NZ_CodeBlue

On January 17, 2018 at 11:02 PM, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

"mid-20's"...😊.  Pong and OG Space Invaders at the arcade, OP.

Look, the "Perpetual Beta" tag isn't about how complete the game is.  Beyond possible financial stipulations, it's DE telling the community that they will be continually working the Canvas to improve and change the "Work of Art" that is Warframe.

Let's rephrase:

"How many companies do you know that continually work to improve and balance the gaming experience like DE does with Warframe?"

Blizzard and Riot have been mentioned, but let's also add Arena Net, the devs behind Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2. They have this nasty habit of nerfing classes to full uselessness in PvE because it happens to be strong in PvP. You can take a nice long look at how many times Necro got nerfed in the past to find the pattern. 

As for Warframe, it seems the devs learned that if you sit too long on something that needs to be brought in line (Infinite range trinity, no damage falloff EB, Never Die Valkyr, Miragulor, Noobkor), it gets a lot harder to actually do something about it, and has a bigger backlash because players became complacent with their broken, "let's just ignore gameplay" toys. They respond a lot faster to things that are busted, usually because on paper it seemed like a good idea until they see how far we will take something. Most recent example was Gara and her glass wall of "lol, what frost?". Nerfs are as important as buffs to get things in line, and to prevent Warframe from becoming a glorified cookie clicker. 

Also, aren't they giving equinox a buff soon with the new augments? Seems to me like they don't hand these out all willy nilly. Almost like they have a way to analyse what players use and why they are/aren't using something. 

5 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Blizzard and Riot have been mentioned, but let's also add Arena Net, the devs behind Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2. They have this nasty habit of nerfing classes to full uselessness in PvE because it happens to be strong in PvP. You can take a nice long look at how many times Necro got nerfed in the past to find the pattern. 

As for Warframe, it seems the devs learned that if you sit too long on something that needs to be brought in line (Infinite range trinity, no damage falloff EB, Never Die Valkyr, Miragulor, Noobkor), it gets a lot harder to actually do something about it, and has a bigger backlash because players became complacent with their broken, "let's just ignore gameplay" toys. They respond a lot faster to things that are busted, usually because on paper it seemed like a good idea until they see how far we will take something. Most recent example was Gara and her glass wall of "lol, what frost?". Nerfs are as important as buffs to get things in line, and to prevent Warframe from becoming a glorified cookie clicker. 

Also, aren't they giving equinox a buff soon with the new augments? Seems to me like they don't hand these out all willy nilly. Almost like they have a way to analyse what players use and why they are/aren't using something. 

Concise, entertaining, and smart ^

+1

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

"mid-20's"...😊.  Pong and OG Space Invaders at the arcade, OP.

I'm with you there... putting quarters on the screen rail to reserve your spot on the Galaxian machine or huddling around someone about to beat the machine's high score on pac man.  I feel old now but, full of nostalgia.  love it. 

On topic... as others have said, DE doesnt swing the nerf bat nearly as hard or as long as many many other games. 

4 hours ago, --Q--WaffleZ said:

Planetside 2...?

Heh.  It's nerfing itself.  It's player base is anyway.  The only people still playing are those desperate for a PvP shooter where personal performance is only a drop in the bucket, and those okay with such horrific game design that calling it hot garbage would be an insult to hot garbage.

Also, I think it's evidence that there is such a thing as TOO MANY players in a PvP combat space.

Edited by Littleman88

Guild Wars 2 nerfed and ball's up many endgame builds when they reworked the trait system, which was about the time I left. DE in contrast has really nerfed weapons that needed it such as synoid gammacor/simulor, not systems. If you heavily invest into weapons and combinations that appears to be grossly OP then that is of your own volition, especially if it is on the verge of become a new meta, like mirage and simulor spam was.

The only way DE could massively eff up is if that they rework IPS/elemental damage system to the point that it becomes entirely something else, with little regard to what players have already invested in. Unlike ArenaNet, DE is quite considerate so I'm hoping they exercise that judgement here.