Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

2 hours ago, Cxdfc said:

can you consider EFFIGY for the following

-effigy also scale off vex armor Scorn/Fury so that it can affect enemies at sortie 3 and higher without corruption

-Effigy has innate 50% rage absorption on self so that its energy cost is subverted/ a battery (also helps its survivability)

-Effigy also casts the vex aura so there is a secondary buff station as you parkour??

It'd be a good step up if it kept the half of your armor it takes with it when cast.

Under high-level environments, regardless of the type of enemy, everything will be annihilated in a blink of an eye or, unless there is a particularly strong defense means, on the contrary this will die in an instant.
Because of that, it has firepower which can be said to be excessive, or frames with no defensive means close to invincibility can not be used.
For example, there are ATLAS's in gif movies, but they are being shot from behind while fighting. In the high level environment, it is already dead. Please try the same situation against 100 levels of enemies.
Simply, if you gradually lower the level scaling and drop the overall enemy 's firepower and defense power, will you be able to afford it with nature and various frames, abilities and weapons?
Also, how about adding two slots dedicated to Augment Mod, in a separate frame? By setting it so that it can be set in a dedicated slot or ordinary slot like the Excels MOD, the situation saying that you can not afford Augment Mod can be improved. It will also make it easier to adjust MOD to durability or to easily adapt to higher level environment.
If the enemy ceases to be excessively strong, too much ability is no longer necessary here, I think that you will not worry about overworking too much.

for gara's mass vitrify display in the UI, would it be possible for it to display the section with the lowest amount of health instead of total health gained. doesnt have to point out which section specifically, just show the lowest health value. similar to frosts snow globe counter on his ability icon as its taking damage. currently theres no obvious way to tell how much of a beating a section is taking until its too late and has been shattered.

3 hours ago, Neightrix said:
5 hours ago, Ardhanarishvara said:

Question for WoF debaters: Is there a reason you can't just stack more range mods on than you did previously? Overextended in particular seems like it'd achieve pretty much turning the ability into its old range just with a higher channel cost. Of course Stretch will have reduced effectiveness, but...

I suppose if the range reduction only effected the range mods, it wouldn't be so bad.

But with how the change is stated, with Stretch and Overextended, it gets brought back to roughtly 17.5m, just barely larger than the 15m base range. Without Overextended, you're getting 13m or less, approaching 10m range of the longest melee weapons. The other issue with being forced into Overextended mean a strength nerf to her Accelerant, which effects not only her World on Fire, but also Flash Accelerant augment - resulting in an offensively weaker Ember with less range overall.

280% modded range will only make u retain 140% of initial range, that's like only using r4 stretch on current ember, killing CC possibility with 50% range loss (resulting in 75% aoe loss)

2 hours ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

What about bladestorm augment?

Rising Storm is particularly useless now that we have Naramon and Drifting Contact/Blood Rush, yeah. Needs to be revisited. Maybe make each bladestorm attack generate multiple combo counts like Surging Dash.

for gara's mass vitrify display in the UI, would it be possible for it to display the section with the lowest amount of health instead of total health gained. doesnt have to point out which section specifically, just show the lowest health value. similar to frosts snow globe counter on his ability icon as its taking damage. currently theres no obvious way to tell how much of a beating a section is taking until its too late and has been shattered.

A visual indicator for which sections are weaker would also be nice. Making the glass visibly cracked/chipped would suffice.

So thinking about how Ember can close the gap and increase her survivability without adding actual Damage Reduction, it would be great if Accelerant stun actually scaled with Duration Mods. Right now it's an unmoddable 2-3 seconds, but if you could increase the stun time with Duration mods she could coat the enemy and have an easier time getting in to do damage with World on Fire. If stun's out of the question maybe make it so Accelerant reduces enemy attack and movement speed for a duration. Would also be great if Accelerant guaranteed Fire procs on Heat attacks. Just anything to help with Ember's survivability and give her a way to engage targets up close for World on Fire to be effective.

2 hours ago, IrisuKyouko said:

So... why not have Ember's range+power both grow with this energy cost increase?  Would feel actually rewarding to use instead of nerfing two incredibly affecting things and buffing one useless thing....

Also why not make fire blast affected by range to make that ability more useful too?  Seeing as you don't seem to be willing to help with Ember surviving at all at least making her still able to do some damage with range still having meaning would be nice.

Love that idea. But of course DE will still think that increasing the range means ruining more fun for others players in lower levels even though in higher stages WoF is used more for a cc than a damage dealer with its augment. What I don’t get is why there needs to be an energy increase in the first place. There is nothing wrong with leaving it on, it’s a quality of life. They even just changed Chroma to be able to recast his vex armor without losing the benefits. As for the range decrease, If DE want ember to fight more up close to enemies, more damage won’t be enough. Ember won’t outkill enemies to save her own skin, she’ll need something to counteract her squishyness since she won’t be knocking down surrounding just out of reach of WoF. Why can’t she gain some overheat damage resistance over time as the range diminishes (like the old days, but not nearly as strong as 98% with power strength builds like it once was, we don’t need to turn her into a tank, we just need some survivability). And if ember loses the cc or utility to stay alive, then she’ll need something else taking its place. Just gaining more damage isn’t enough. Even Mesa has shatter shield.

Speeding up crush animations as is will only make it worse. Thanks DE for killiing already limited CC we had on crush. I guess pull will have to do the job to provide safer revives for teammates all the time... Please, give me an option to remove it from available abilities.

And no, I will not use polarize augment since Magnetized discharge literally does the same thing already. Unless you change Magnetized discharge, but then, that would be last minute for warframe on my PC...

50 minutes ago, KingOfPredators said:

Speeding up crush animations as is will only make it worse. Thanks DE for killiing already limited CC we had on crush. I guess pull will have to do the job to provide safer revives for teammates all the time... Please, give me an option to remove it from available abilities.

And no, I will not use polarize augment since Magnetized discharge literally does the same thing already. Unless you change Magnetized discharge, but then, that would be last minute for warframe on my PC...

Hmm,perhaps it would be better if Mag herself was removed from the Crush animation?

I am glad that the Developers are reworking the Warframes listed to enable in-game performance and fun, but I have to object towards the changes for Ember's "World On Fire" ability.

[DE]Connor describes the changes are necessary to make Ember more balanced, although the Developers know that Warframe has poor defensive abilities altogether. There is no sense to cripple the ability that enables any sort of defense when the augment mod, "Firequake," is being used to knock down enemies within range. Diminishing the range over time and causing increase of energy cost is doing the opposite of keeping the Warframe "balanced."

My Recommendation: Allow all the energy increase accumulation loss to enable an over-shield to activate for Ember once "World On Fire" is disabled. 

[Enabling some sort of defensive measure will make the changes the Developers want for the Warframe to be "balanced" in the eyes of the players.]

An easy fix for Inaros:

1. When he falls off the map, his 4th gets reset. Why? He loses a few thousand or a dozen of effective HP. I know when you fall off the map, abilities get reset like any other frames, but in Inaros' case, losing that much effective health and have to spend another 2900hp to get it back, that is too punishing. Imagine this happens to Nidus if he loses ALL of his stacks.

2. Kinda the same as above but the difference is when he enters a nullifier bubble. While Nidus stacks get drained by time, tick by tick, Inaros loses all of them armor. Make the percentage drains out, maybe 3-5% per sec.

This is too punishing to me to play him effectively, especially against corpus, i don't want to spend 2900hp every 10s to get to my max armor again.

8 minutes ago, ImNotJellyAtAll said:

If the "ragdolling enemies across the room" part of Tornado isn't removed, the ability will still be garbage.

Also, please make the armor removal on Polarize a percentage instead of a flat number, or else it will still be worthless for anything besides shield restoration at high levels.

One of the changes they're making to tornado is that it will (supposedly) effectively trap enemies inside and distribute damage from all weapons fire across all the caught enemies.

14 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

We may rebalance Ore Gaze for this rework, as players now have significantly more ways to Petrify enemies!

Um, As far as I know there's only 3 ways to petrify enemies, Rumblers and Petrify and if your using Landslides Augment, though to me this sounds more like an alternative to Nekros, I don't think players are going to mod for even more than 200% power strength. So its basically saying, Just go camp as hydroid with pilfering swarm. Since you will only be able to reach a lower percent bonus drop chance with atlas, and hydroid is basically +100% without needing any strength. I doubt this will be used as frequently as first thought, but it seems like whenever bonus loot can be added to something players will happily alter their builds for it. But then again it might turn into the meta for farming rare resources and mods like condition overload with also a Hydroid and Nekros. Or players will not use it or it should be changed to something that has some new effect to the current Ore gaze without suppose-ably giving it a nerf.  Such as Petrified enemies can now be effected by status, as far as I'm aware you cant proc status on petrified enemies.

When I mention Hydroid I'm talking about him being used with Pilfering Swarm an Augment for Tentacle Swarm.

Honestly? I'd just ditch trying to make Ember survivable and just give her more control over her damage. Changing the passive to work with fire procs a-la Ash and Saryn, would be great. Why not make her passive increase the potency of fire procs in general? With the upcoming status 2.0 changes that might ber redundant or push her further into damage-frame territory.

I actually like the range-drop damage-up trade off, in theory. Even with gimped range what it's doing is supplementing your damage for closer enemies. From there you'll be using Accelerant for CC anyway. As you should be, because World on Fire alone hasn't actually kept Ember from dying while solo. I can assure you, Accellarant has always been the proper answer to her not dying as soon as enemies look at you, because some enemies can still brush off the fire proc and just aim at you.

Killing enemies faster with some CC is the similar design philosophy to Banshee, but for Ember it should be more emphasis on constant damage to set her apart. I don't mean the insane burst damage potential Sonar weakspots have either, but close to the design philosophy of Saryn Spores. Everyone gets damage!

The napalm idea on Fireball is great, especially if its scales with Range mods. The Fire blast adding damage to your shots seems like a brilliant idea to me. Because it means all your weapon fire can potentially proc heat with just one +60% Heat and Status mod. Even if she's a sitting duck within the ring, you should be using Accelerant anyway, which'll amplify the damage you deal with the now fire augmented damage Fireblast grants.

If the charged Fireball also gains from the extra Heat Damage from Fireblast, Accelerant will just demolish anything with the heat procs all this is dishing out like its free candy on halloween. Changing her passive to augment her Heat Procs, especially with Damage 2.5 around the corner could push her higher in viability and it won't be because she's nuking low levels with nerfed WoF.

It'll be because everything will be cinders.

13 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

BANSHEE:

• Although still a singular cast allowing free movement, Resonating Quake will only hit enemies once as it expands outward, dealing a mass of damage at once.

Doesn't this basically turn resonating quake into radial sonic boom? Also "once" is basically the opposite concept of "resonating" or "quake" which is repetition. 

2 hours ago, bradleyisnot123 said:

SOOOOOOOOO.... Chroma can refresh his buffs but Loki's invisibility, zephyr's turbulence, rhino's iron skin, nezha's warding Halo, ash's smoke bomb, Trinity's link, etc... Aren't re-cast-able

The problem is that chroma has a build up loki's invis doesn't transition to invis over x sec where your total vulnerable, and the same apply for everyone else mentioned in fact rhino can refresh early with his augment in case it is getting low

Archived