Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Temporary Future of Warframe Trials

[DE]Megan

I am not one of the hardcore raiders but I do enjoy running the trials with my friends.

The first time I successfully lead a trial squad throug LoR was such an amazing feeling. And teaching new players the raids is acually fun because it is the only thing that new players are "scared" to play without good lead. Showing them how easy the trails can be and experiencing how hard they are if your team does not listen is such a great experience and even more fun if you try hilarious things like killing Hek with a fishing spear.

Please do not remove the trials until you got replacement.

Keep them ingame. Let people still have fun in there until you got something even more fun :-)

Also: give the special sekhara only to people who played the trials for a while now. It doesnt feel like a reward for continiously playing trials if every player, who joins Warframe befor feb 28 can get it, even tho they got no clue what trials are and only get carried by veterans. I wouldn't mind to not get it. I know that I did not play them for a long time and in comparison to most of my veteran friends I bearly touched them.

Give the special Sekhara to those, who supported you with playing the trials like 10-20 times at least.

There's another problem that I don't think anyone else has mentioned with removing raids. LoRNM specifically:

People that want to get Ash are facing a grind that's far longer and infinitely more frustrating. The most consistent method of farming Ash parts is going to move from LoRNM--where you can get an entire set (possibly multiple sets) in a single run--to Defection.

It will actually become easier to farm things to trade in order to gain the plat to buy Ash than it will to gather the blueprints from Manics.

On a more personal note I started trying to build 100 Ashes because he's my favorite frame. That was a minimum of a 10 month investment in build time. I'm up to 22 made and there is no way I would ever farm another 78 Ash sets without LoRNM.

14 minutes ago, mix0ta said:

Imagine i'll be joining you, and i doubt we'll be alone, this is taking a large portion of the remaining veteran playerbase out behind the barn and putting a bullet in their skull.

I can argue about their argument.

Taking down a Teralyst mirrors the tactics of a Trial in terms of teamwork and communication, but can also be done as a lower-level player if properly prepared.

Yes, Teralyst needs operator mode and modified amps. Imagine all those fish old, cetus wisp, radiant sentirum. Raider just need to learn what to do. How is it more lower player friendly?

But my point is simple. Raids are fun. Doing raids with clannies are fun. Guiding clannies on raids are fun.
I'm playing game to have fun. And they decided to remove the fun.

10 minutes ago, 1uohdh said:

As a player who took off around the archwing patch and came back, all I can express is disappointment in this decision. I came back and one of the few reasons  i stayed was because there was a new raid, and i wanted to learn it. As part of a large and active clan/alliance, we regularly have people (myself included) known for hosting and teaching raids. Its SUCH a different way of hosting compared to a squad. Things like resource farming, eidolon hunts, and other such activities I'll often ask if people want to do it and then proceed to reject numerous people just because "Sorry squad full, pm these other guys who also couldn't join me", despite me wanting to run with only 3 of my friends or clannies. I love the environment of having 8 people together, even when I'm not teaching buses and we're just running them easily, it's about the community it fosters. Comparatively, Eidolons are lackluster at best, with players accidentally encountering them and being annoyed (i hear testimonials, people without an operator stumble upon them. WHY include non mr locked or special nodes to content they can't even do? It doesn't excite them, it discourages them that they have to both hit this new MR, and in order to not recieve complaints by others, create a rather laborious Amp (which they need eidolon kills or vombalysts in operator  mode for. When a new player joins our clans as I've found is that one of the things they want to do it raid. It's "endgame" yet also beginner viable. I've proven this, i have seen my friends make mr2 accounts and been helpful on raids. Most of us make jokes about it being the lost child of DE, as we've always had bugs, but it never mattered, it was fun, and it was fine without any bug fixes up till the last two patches affecting Raids, the "lor crash fix" admittedly broke everyone's warframe if someone left trial and made it harder to even host it, but that last one? Splendid. Fixing JV made so many more people want to join. But now? You're taking it away. I don't appreciate Eidolon hunts. You memorize a bunch of lure locations, bring them to the eidolon (they'll get stuck on everything and they don't teleport properly, I've moved 750m from them with no teleport) and then you sit and wait for vombalysts to spawn. Afterwards it's sub 10m of gameplay and they die. There's nearly anything to teach: find lure, bring it close to 50m, 3 vombalyst charges, operator, shoot 4 spots, repeat reapeat. Raids encouraged a community, 8 people together for an hour and communicating, to do all 3. Maybe I'm biased because we use discord throughout it, but it's a great way to make friends, sponser community, and have those really exciting moments when we all get energizes. Comparatively, eidolons imo hold none of the same glamour or attraction. It was also a viable alternative for some people, getting rares meant people coulf focus farm without buying affinity boosters without anything else to level, and those that hated the index could also get credits (1.2m in a 25minute reset JV run w/ booster? Yes please). And the lack of people running made arcanes a viable source of plat, i could spend those hours and not feel like i should've been prime part farming instead, where the normal best "rares" sell for maybe 20p and is discouraging. But that's my rant, let's see how long this "temporary removal" like dark sector conflict lasts. 

Enter Key. Do you have it?

8 minutes ago, RayxAyanami said:

So in an attempt to make things "New player friendly", you give them access to Endgame / Near Endgame Gear / Missions while Taking away the only "Endgame" veterans have.

These new Eidolons better be some dark souls level fights or else this is going to be disappointing. 

giphy.gif

Pressing left click for 10 minutes with a kid on an eidolon is clearly hard teamwork. It involves none of the coordination of moving in a warframe or using warframe powers as a team.

/s btw

I don't get the reasoning on removing Raids intead of just reworking them while they're active, we can just say goodbye to raids just like with armistice. Thing is pleople actually enjoy and play raids. If you want to introduce them properly to new players you don't need to rework the raids themselves, just add helping messages like Onko on the plains, and introduce the mission styles that cant be described in those kind of messages as separate missions, just like you did with infested savage. 

1 minute ago, Entarri said:

I'm sorry but this feels like a huge mistake. Why not leave them as they are and available until you can rework them that way you want? Why remove content from the game when its replacement isn't ready yet? Honestly really bummed about this.

So we can wait years and years like the dark sector armistice.

I don't see why trials have to be removed rather than just increasing their rewards or drop tables to reflect end game content.

Let's increase our options instead of limiting them.

Such as..

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:

- Create Arcane Enhancement "Blueprints" that drop from Eidelon Teralyst content. Keep Trial rewards as-is. Newer players would then have access to Arcanes, but if they want pre-built ones, they gotta do end game content like Trials.

- Add the Arcanes to Teralyst as planned using the current Trials drop rates. Double amount of Arcanes dropped from Trials.

- Have Teralysts and Trials reward points that can be used to purchase specific Arcanes, similar to how earning and purchasing items from Syndicates work. Throw the Arcanes vendor for that on Plains of Eidelon to tie it together.

To be honest the real problem with trials was that they were so insanely disconnected from the entire game, a new player, hell even a player who had put a good amount of time into the game might not even know that trials exist unless they sat there and stumbled across the BPs for the key in the market place and thought to themselves "what even is this?", on top of that arcanes were an interesting reward for running them but it never felt worth it. They were just a cherry on top kind of upgrade, nothing substantial, to be honest they felt more like a trophy or a badge of honor you would wear for running trials. Ultimately though not many people cared about that, trials should've been a great way to reward players with tons of prime parts, rewarding them along the way for completing objectives and bosses having a guaranteed chance to drop a gold part or something. Maybe instead of keys you could have asked players to select and bring 15 or so relics to be opened along the way.

Trials would be a great kind of weekly sortie activity.

So you removed the only content that requires some coordination between people, you remove the only content that requires some sort of communication, at this point might as well remove clans as well while you're at it. I'm by no means a veteran player, I have been playing for just 100 days, you managed to remove the most social aspect of your game, what am I looking forward to in order to play with clanmates, contributing and keeping a group alive..

I mean what's the point in being in a community when all the content can be done without communicating with anyone? What am I looking forward to in terms of reaching a goal in the future? Why should I bother with fashionframe skins and S#&$ like that when the only people that will see it ingame besides me are randoms?

I understand that they were mostly a nuisance to you because if you analyze it superficially it's a lot of nuisance that at first glance affects only a small percentage of your player base, but you are underselling a lot the ripple effect that losing some of your veteran player base will have on new people. I joined a clan where I was able to interact with veteran players that helped me a lot because of the fact that there was this social daily moment that brought people together and promoted the social part of the game EVEN though I didn't do them, and for them the prospect of having a new player that in the future would be helpful certainly pushed them towards helping me, teaching me the ropes of the game etc.

Now the ones who are logging in just for raids will stop logging in and socialize, the ones who were playing a bit more and helping newer players have no point doing so since they will be able to solo everything or just do it by queuing quickly with randoms

By doing this you're killing a lot more than the little section of your community that logged in just for that, which is probably the step at which your simplistic and narrow analysis stopped when making this decision

Recently I've learned the Jordas Verdict, and by learning JV, I mean the inside parts in the last phase. I try to do all the raids with some people from the clan daily, and to be honest, that's the most interesting part in the entire game for me at least, because we must cooperate to get at the end of the raid together. I host myself the raids, guide all the people on what they need to do, where to go and so on. I admit that LOR isn't that hard and anyone can learn it pretty easily. Yet there are some people that don't know how to do LOR and I gracefully encourage them to come with us in the raid and learn the raid, if not they're simply asking if they can join. Honestly, I really enjoy teaching raids to someone new to this part of the game. And the real deal is JV.
I struggled myself to learn it, but here we are, managing to guide and teach people throughout the inside messy and tight spaces. I admit, the raids could get some improvements, especially in JV, where the esophages work way better with the host, other players not being transported to the final destination sometimes. I agree that they're old and clunky, but there is still a very big player base for those raids. People come and gather to complete the raids not really for the arcane rewards, but even for trying new builds and frames in the raid, experiment, do all kinds of mad stuff (like the 8 X frame raid and so on). 
The mechanics are simple and yet pretty complicated. From my point of view, raids shouldn't be removed from the game because they will be a big lose for us the player base.

And come on, who wouldn't do a raid as a sortie? Make this a thing.

Arcanes put into the drop tables of Teralysts sounds great.  Hopefully the chances aren't too low, or too bottlenecked behind the rare/legendary tiers of drops.

Maybe we can get a couple slots for these like mods some day, too?  I'm so sad about being stuck to certain syandanas.  I change frames often, and distilling arcanes on and off all the time just isn't a solution.

is there restrictions on who can run the raids because already trying to work as a team is hard enough.  Carrying players who has not even learn the fundamentals of warframe will put the veterans on raids with more work

11 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

The thing i dislike the most about this change is the "shoving down our throat" more of the Plain content.. As a "new veteran" of the game.. I'm already tired of all this pushing in the direction of the plains.. Plains are the most repetitive thing ever.. Only thing I like about them is the mining and Fishing, because it removes you from the constant grinding.. 

I think if this is really the way they are going forward.. they just lost a customer.. I was on the point on buying a good amount of plat for supporting the game.. but I don't think that's gonna happen soon

The hilarious thing here is that if they haven't tried so hard to shove multiple PoE grindfests down our throats, the burnout from the "more of the same" content wouldn't develop this quickly, and Plains would stay as a "Maybe I should go back to enjoy it once in a while" zone rather than "I HATE THIS STOP SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS".

Archived