Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Gate Of Venus Open world.

TeaBegging

The gate of PoE is already a pain, the loading is to long the bugs that come with it are annoying. And lets not forget the crashes, or dces that come along with it.

Now that being said. Venus will have a much bigger map. Which will obviously take longer to load. Can we have a campfire on the inside of the loading area ?

Edited by TeaBegging

I don't think the idea is unlikely at all. DE tries to use these NPC areas to bring out some of the "human" element of the game, and Venus will be cold, and humans get cold, and fire is a solution to that. It wouldn't be strange to be waiting around a burning corpus barrel at the gate.

I can see it now: I glance to my neighbor and say "Cold enough for you, eh?", and he grunts an affirmative in reply. I turn back to the barrel and stare into the fire for a while before I glance slightly further down; "...hazardous materials. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not expose to heat. Wait, do not expose to heat? Oh, blas---"
<======\ \ | | To be continued

5 hours ago, TeaBegging said:

The gate of PoE is already a pain, the loading is to long the bugs that come with it are annoying. And lets not forget the crashes, or dces that come along with it.

Now that being said. Venus will have a much bigger map. Which will obviously take longer to load. Can we have a campfire on the inside of the loading area ?

The Venus gate will be a giant energy shield and a holographic twirling hourglass & windows loading bar will project from it.

Welcome to The Future! *jazz hands*

Personally I think the gate  isn't the problem. I think the reason people hate it so much is because of how long the load times are and how you have to come back to Cetus to end the missions rather than stay in the planes. To counter this I'd put konzu in the plains that way you can just pick up new bounties and stay in the planes so the loading screens aren't such a big deal

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

IIRC, they said the hub area was below ground level, so it won't be a gate. instead it'll probably be an elevator. hopefully one that your friends can't take without you...

(Vietnam flashback filled with blood and sorrow with this playing in the background.)

NO NONONO, they can't make me go back! Never! Neverrrrrrrrr!

• 2 months later...

The loading gate will probably be a gigantic elevator, since the new "town" is an underground base. It was actually already shown in a devstream, so they should also add some nice elevator music 😄

Edited by lennieplop60

On 2018-03-03 at 3:40 PM, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

I don't think the idea is unlikely at all. DE tries to use these NPC areas to bring out some of the "human" element of the game, and Venus will be cold, and humans get cold, and fire is a solution to that. It wouldn't be strange to be waiting around a burning corpus barrel at the gate.

I can see it now: I glance to my neighbor and say "Cold enough for you, eh?", and he grunts an affirmative in reply. I turn back to the barrel and stare into the fire for a while before I glance slightly further down; "...hazardous materials. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not expose to heat. Wait, do not expose to heat? Oh, blas---"
<======\ \ | | To be continued

Don't wanna burst your bubble but Venus has an average surface temp of around 400C. If anything Tenno should be asking for ice baths and slushies. :wink: