Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon prime! FINALLY!

(PSN)robotwars7

I just wanted to make a post expressing how thrilled I am that one of my favourite weapons has finally been Primed. the Tiberon was a very meh weapon for most at first, but I loved everything about it: high raw damage (sadly not backed up by crit or status), smooth handling, it's sleek appearance.. it quickly became one of my favourite rifles. when Rivens were released I searched high and low for Tiberon Riven that would make my Burst-fire beauty the weapon it deserved to be.

then it got a buff in our most recent console update. now it can actually scale! now it has crit! but there's still something missing; Soma, Latron and many other rifles have a prime, but no Tiberon Prime.. until now.

I saw the news about 15 mins before typing this. I haven't looked forward to a PA this much since Nekros came with Tigris Prime and Galatine Prime. he has, by far, been my favourite Prime release, but now Zephyr prime, a frame I know I'll love, is bringing the TRUE king of Burst weapons! I know there's other Tiberon fans out there, and for us this is a truly great occasion!

Thankyou DE! when this drops I'll rip the system asunder until this beautiful piece of Orokin tech is mine!

2 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Should I sell my Tiberon riven before the prime comes out? I mean, do you think they will nerf the Tiberon disposition?

there's a chance it could go down, but the Tiberon prime will probably be so damn strong that you won't need a Riven for it anyway. I'd hold onto a Tiberon Riven until release day and see what the damage is. it'll also be a lot easier to shift a Tiberon Riven after release as well.

7 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Should I sell my Tiberon riven before the prime comes out? I mean, do you think they will nerf the Tiberon disposition?

riven disposition is not "nerfed", it is adjusted dynamically by the popularity (read: amount of players using the weapon). 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

there's a chance it could go down, but the Tiberon prime will probably be so damn strong that you won't need a Riven for it anyway. I'd hold onto a Tiberon Riven until release day and see what the damage is. it'll also be a lot easier to shift a Tiberon Riven after release as well.

The riven disposition might go the way Aklex/Aklex prime went.  Aklex riven was previously 5/5.  Then Aklex prime came out and was revised to 3/5.

According to DE, all new weapons are given a neutral disposition.  Hence if DE wants to be consistent, they'll drop the riven disposition to 3/5.

But like robotwars7 said, the gun should hold its own regardless of the riven disposition.

3 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

riven disposition is not "nerfed", it is adjusted dynamically by the popularity (read: amount of players using the weapon). 

That was a concept mentioned but never put into practice. The actual practice we see is that dispostions are manually adjusted like with akbolto prime introduction the disposition was reduced.

1 minute ago, TrinityPrime said:

That was a concept mentioned but never put into practice. The actual practice we see is that dispostions are manually adjusted like with akbolto prime introduction the disposition was reduced.

ok now that is silly :< 

thanks for clarifying though

The only thing I don’t like about it’s prime looks is the end of the barrel, it looks like the ‘tip’ of those really old cameras 

I have the same problem with Latron prime and it’s barrel end, but I’ve come to accept it, hopefully the same thing happens this time too xD 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

its called go to the announcement secotion of the forums, insted of being lazy

I dunno man, every time I see this picture it brings me the biggest grin across my face. From ear to freaking ear like the damn Cheshire Cat. 

Thanks for the pic. :laugh:

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

2 hours ago, (PS4)vinster said:

The riven disposition might go the way Aklex/Aklex prime went.  Aklex riven was previously 5/5.  Then Aklex prime came out and was revised to 3/5.

According to DE, all new weapons are given a neutral disposition.  Hence if DE wants to be consistent, they'll drop the riven disposition to 3/5.

But like robotwars7 said, the gun should hold its own regardless of the riven disposition.

But didn't the akbolto retain its disposition when akbolto prime came out?

2 hours ago, Funcooker said:

It only had a faint disposition to begin with.

Oh... I see...

4 minutes ago, (PS4)mickos_4 said:

Does anyone know what relics we farm to get this, or is this buy only???

No announcement yet, most likely on release. It won't be buy only, that's for sure.