Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day 850 Login is a joke

Voltage

20 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

Yeah and the time gate has always been there. For a reason. So you commit to the item.

Where's the primed mod. For that dedication? You missed this part. ^^

No I didn't miss that part, the cool nifty stuff went away because the ROI for creating it continues to go down. The issue is that as time progresses the finish line just keeps moving farther and farther out and as such it means less and less to the newer players and an ever shrinking pool of long term players for whom it is reasonably relevant. 

For someone who started today getting to 850 would take 2.36 YEARS. Which means that if they added a cool new weapon or a nifty new Primed mod to the end of that reward chain all it is going to do is discourage new players. The other option if they keep with the current system is to make the new rewards less and less interesting/relevant/meaningful. The problem with that is it discourages existing/long term players.

Which means the existing system is borked, there is no winning you either alienate your new players or your established players. The existing system is in point of fact a lose-lose. 

Once they Scrap that system and move into something more dynamic they free themselves up to add new and interesting login rewards again. Because they are now attainable for newer players as well as existing players. Which is a Win-Win any way you slice it. 

I mean there is always the option to get salty about it and pout because the new kids get to play with the cool toys, but we where going to log in regardless. So it isn't like existing players lose out on anything. Plus it significantly increases the likelyhood that DE will add some new interesting mods/weapons to the login rewards again. Which takes us right back to Win-Win. 

Edited by Oreades

21 minutes ago, Oreades said:

No I didn't miss that part, the cool nifty stuff went away because the ROI for creating it continues to go down. The issue is that as time progresses the finish line just keeps moving farther and farther out and as such it means less and less to the newer players. 

For someone who started today getting to 850 would take 2.36 YEARS. Which means that if they added a cool new weapon or a nifty new Primed mod to the end of that reward chain all it is going to do is discourage new players. The other option if they keep with the current system is to make the new rewards less and less interesting/relevant/meaningful. The problem with that is it discourages existing/long term players.

Which means the existing system is borked, there is no winning you either alienate your new players or your established players. The existing system is in point of fact a lose-lose. 

Once they Scrap that system and move into something more dynamic they free themselves up to add new and interesting login rewards again. Because they are now attainable for newer players as well as existing players. Which is a Win-Win any way you slice it. 

I mean there is always the option to get salty about it and pout because the new kids get to play with the cool toys, but we where going to log in regardless. So it isn't like existing players lose out on anything. Plus it significantly increases the likelyhood that DE will add some new interesting mods/weapons to the login rewards again. Which takes us right back to Win-Win. 

You're getting the Choose-Your-Own-Path to the reward and that's all you're getting.
There's also a reason some stuff is exclusive.

On top of this I wouldn't mind if I got to choose the Rivens for the weapons I wanted @ 850 days login.
After all it seems like a lot of the community is all about choosing their login path.

There's a really GREAT idea or that's a great idea. You get to choose the weapon you want for that Riven.
I also don't see anything in the original picture that Voltage posted about Primed Riven Mods. The 850 Day picture just has 3 Riven mods.

Edited by Kinjeto

12 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

You're getting the Choose-Your-Own-Path to the reward and that's all you're getting.
There's also a reason some stuff is exclusive.

On top of this I wouldn't mind if I got to choose the Rivens for the weapons I wanted @ 850 days login.
After all it seems like a lot of the community is all about choosing their login path.

There's a really GREAT idea. You get to choose the weapon you want for that Riven.

426qWsn.jpg
That's a terrible idea. No one would mind getting to choose three specific rivens.  They'd pick three scoliac rivens or something, roll them a couple times and make ~6k plat in trades.  And that's why DE would never do it.

Edited by Aggh

17 minutes ago, Aggh said:

426qWsn.jpg
That's a terrible idea. No one would mind getting to choose three specific rivens.  They'd pick three scoliac rivens or something, roll them a couple times and make ~6k plat in trades.  And that's why DE would never do it.

But, what if the Riven mods are 1 Primary, 1 Pistol and 1 Melee. It is three Riven mods after all that's listed in the picture. The RNG roll would still be the 3 randomized or 4 (Cursed) randomized stats. Because that's what the game does. Every time you open a Riven.

On top of all this. 3 Rivens don't make much of a difference. When you log-in and commit to doing sorties as well or that you have been doing/participating in Sorties.

Also isn't it strange when I mention giving something to people who commited to log-in. A lot of the newer players are all "Oh gosh terrible idea" Wahh!

Edited by Kinjeto

48 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

To the person who wrote that. That definitely sounds like reddit hivemind "dis cummoonity is amahzing" mentality.

No, you missed the point entirely. The point is that those who commit, grind, do thus forth achieve veto win-the-day.
All people have to do is log in and out.
The game continues to have long-term-systems degraded for the sake of people who don't commit.

Examples of this have been the focus system with the
1. Eidolons --> Brilliant Eidolon Shards (Focus -- which 'Oh hai gaiz I didn't know there was focus.') -- But the focus has been sitting in the damn farking Way system and it shows you the cap.
2. The Arcane System from Raids (Because hey playing that for three years.)

3. Now the login system is getting degraded. It's bad enough I'm gritting my teeth and possibly siding with letting the whole "Choose-Your-Own-Reward Login thing slide. But that's about as good as you're gonna get.

In the long run Warframe which is meant to be a time-heavy investment and let me be frank is slowly getting devalued time wise.
The login system is the last long-term system the community has got.
The only other long-term system that is a dog's breakfast of bollocks is Kuva and THAT bog swamp is all random and is the hiking trail that doesn't have a fixed reward. Where as the login-system has a fixed reward a long a specified timeline. (Like I said see my earlier sentence about:)
"You're lucky I let that Choose-Your-Own-Login thing slide."

ttps://www.gdcvault.com/play/1021776/Against-the-Burning-Hells-Diablo -- Part 3.

Again your doing nothing but crying about something FREE. If your time is being “devalued” that’s a problem YOU need to fix by either letting it go or uninstall and move on. Don’t ask DE or the community to try to provide you justification (or I suspect self gratification) for playing. If your done be done for as long as it takes, if its so unbearable. RNG = Pain, always has, always will be.

Facts don’t care about your feelings. 

Edited by (XB1)YouBitePi11ows

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Screenshot_31.png

850 days logged in is the equivalent of 3 Sortie missions. That is just disheartening, especially when you know that you basically recieve Endo for 2+ years logged in. What happened to cool cosmetic sigils/glyphs every 50 days and weapons/mods/syandana for 100?

Not the equivalent of 3 sortie missions, probably more like 30, maybe 40.  Not so bad when looked at from that point of view.  

My problem with this is actually I won’t have the room to accept them, and yes I have 90 capacity

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

So you'd rather they continue to time gate more and more actual content? How selfish can you be?

Its not about being selfish, it’s about how should you reward a player whos logged in for 850 days!  Thats shows a heck of a lot of commitment and loyalty to a game, which deserves something awesome in return.

3 Rivens? As a login reward? Really?

Hrmmm....

Looks like I might be making some plat as I'll definitely be selling them. I have absolutely no interest in Rivens whatsoever.

Thats shows a heck of a lot of commitment and loyalty to a game, which deserves something awesome in return.

Because logging in requires so much time and effort and is such a good indicator of player loyalty.

There are a number of players I know of that simply log in to get the daily reward / check for updates and then promptly sign out without playing because there are other games they want to play more or they stuff to do. They actually play Warframe maybe once a week. If I'm having a really busy week, I do exactly the same thing. Sign in, grab reward, see if there's a quick alert I can run, and then quit.

Also, no offense but "I did x for y amount of time, so I deserve something cool" sounds a little bit entitled.

Edited by MirageKnight
Typos and clarification.

24 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

But, what if the Riven mods are 1 Primary, 1 Pistol and 1 Melee. It is three Riven mods after all that's listed in the picture. The RNG roll would still be the 3 randomized or 4 (Cursed) randomized stats. Because that's what the game does. Every time you open a Riven.

On top of all this. 3 Rivens don't make much of a difference. When you log-in and commit to doing sorties as well.

Doesn't really matter, there are more than enough melee weapons and primaries that sell for over 1k plat unrolled regardless of their stats.  Your idea would basically turn into DE giving out thousands upon thousands of plat to the kind of player that typically continuously spends money in most f2p games.  Not gonna happen.  Even unvield rivens go for 20-150 a piece depending on the type, they're being fairly generous here and you're complaining.  Stop being greedy.

Edited by Aggh

Hey maybe it's 3 unique riven that 

one of them is a melee riven which decrease weapon reach 1m for 1 post complaing about maiming strike on the forum.

another one is a primary riven which make you one shot eidolon no matter the mod setting, weapon choosing, or even where you aiming.

And last 1 of them is finally a warframe riven that "balance" your current frame to self-destruct when being on the 1st place of killing mobs for more than 10 secs.

By equipping these the estimated ranting posts should decrease about 87% for like 1 month.

16 minutes ago, Aggh said:

Doesn't really matter, there are more than enough melee weapons and primaries that sell for over 1k plat unrolled regardless of their stats.  Your idea would basically turn into DE giving out thousands upon thousands of plat to the kind of player that typically continuously spends money in most f2p games.  Not gonna happen.  Even unvield rivens go for 20-150 a piece depending on the type, they're being fairly generous here and you're complaining.  Stop being greedy.

You're over-exaggerating.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

Again your doing nothing but crying about something FREE. If your time is being “devalued” that’s a problem YOU need to fix by either letting it go or uninstall and move on. Don’t ask DE or the community to try to provide you justification (or I suspect self gratification) for playing. If your done be done for as long as it takes, if its so unbearable. RNG = Pain, always has, always will be.

Facts don’t care about your feelings. 

Well the facts are:

1. Making things take less time devalues people who've put in more time. (But that's no surprise because the whinge won't stop.)
1a. When systems get changed players still want everything practically handed to them. Which is really disgusting.

2. Two systems have already been devalued.
2a. The Focus system was devalued and made easier with Eidolon shards. (Cap was 100k per day, now it's 250k per day + Whatever you get off Eidolons.)

3. The Arcane system was devalued from getting 1,095 chances at Arcanes per year to practically get 3 Arcanes a night

4. The Login system is going to be half devalued for the people who have less login time. Now they get to choose their own path.
4a. As I've stated before in the previous posts "You #*!%ers are lucky I let this slide off."

I'm just sick of long term systems, where people who actually play the game for 2 or 3 years (and not just me). Getting half arsed for newer players.
There's plenty of justification. Also RNG to me is nothing. It's like the flip of a coin.

But hey I can show you on my profile page what real commitment looks like:

1Y4JwfY.png

At
10,000 missions RNG is nothing.
20,000 missions *shrugs*
30,000 yeah whatever
40,000 pssht.

The average player has about 2k~5k missions and 2,000 hours.

The hard point I find is that the game continually keeps practically lowering that time frame for a lot of the newer players. It's really disgusting.
It's not a DE problem.

It's the newer player's problem because PRO HINT (that I've been hinting at this topic all the way through here):
They keep asking for the stuff to be lowered and thus devaluing the players who've put in the time interacting and commiting to the long-term systems.

Edited by Kinjeto

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

Its not about being selfish, it’s about how should you reward a player whos logged in for 850 days!  Thats shows a heck of a lot of commitment and loyalty to a game, which deserves something awesome in return.

Why?  Why exactly does that deserve anything noteworthy?  For that matter, what could they possibly offer that would be desirable to old players?

New weapon, mod, or anything else that increases a player's power?  Bad ideas for reasons that have been discussed to death.  New Cosmetic?  People complain they're ugly or boring.  Stash of Forma, Exilus Adapters, Catalysts, or Reactors?  Chances are by 850 days a player has accumulated enough of these.

Not to mention the bigger rewards are on multiples of 100, 50s have typically been a stash.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

22 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

You're over-exaggerating.

Nope. Being able to choose specific rivens allows for you to pick a lot of value. melee riven choice alone would net at least 1k, primary 600-1k, and pistols aren't worth much without a good roll.  And that's depending on when you get them.  Prime releases spike the value of those rivens and new weapon rivens go for a lot when they come out. 
Veiled rifle rivens go for 40p, veiled melee rivens 30p, veiled pistol rivens for 20p, veiled shotgun rivens 150p.  Even with random veiled rivens you're getting 60-450p worth of tradeable items.

Anyone that has a remotely good idea of what rivens go for would be able to get a solid chunk of plat with your suggestion.  And if they're just random rivens they're still getting a decent value in tradeable items.

Edited by Aggh

Rivens at 850 *is* a joke. Not because it's the equivalent of 3 sorties, but also because you are NEVER guaranteed anything good from rivens. Now, if you could **lock stats** on rivens and such, it MIGHT be better. But even then it's still bad. 

I would honestly prefer them to start putting cosmetics behind login days. This way nobody gets mad about the logins being mods or weapons. Furthermore, WE NEED a catch up mechanic in-game! 

Edited by -Mittens-