Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Endless Kuva Survival & Kuva Guardian Changes!

corpuskiller20

players if it's noted that going 40mins is the same as doing 2 20's and thats the general concept then y r the enemies scaling? do u guys feel starting over givies the same challenge as a guy battling lvl 50's+? wen u restart at 20mins ur difficulty resets the guys going further face stronger enemies putting in more work and effort so y should those guys get the same rewards we didn't make this game mode and playing it how its meant to be played gives us nothing think abt it if we werent meant to go further y is it there, y arnt we prevented at a fixed timeline and y r enemies scaling it makes zero sense

6 minutes ago, Deathmk56 said:

can someone please get this guy some help

For starters, theres no dude names sarahsaurusx2014 here, second i have played the game.. For years actually. I have watched all the difficulty of the game diminish into nothing. People whinning about its too hard! Has made this game a hollow shell of what is used to be.

basically wat i'm getting is that wen players can go for hours it makes those who cant or unable to feel inadequate if better rewards are given, so in that sense wen has life given those who cant achieve wat others can the same benefits/rewards are those players who have the skill suppose to be continuously stifled and held back because not everyone can follow which game? wat aspect of life do u see that in?

Dead on arrival like most of the things DE pushes out.

If it doesn't reward us for our time and effort, we're not going to do it. A flat 200 kuva each time is going to have as many people running it as archwing or bounties. (or PvP, or lunaro, or defection, or infested salvage ...)

35 minutes ago, alfaomega04 said:

Have to agree with what Brozime suggested on his vid when this was proposed. Scale the kuva with enemy level and cap off the scaling at around level 100. This gives a HUGE incentive to actually run endless for more than 10 or 20 minutes, while the cap keeps it from punishing everyone else that does not want to (or can not) run it for 3 hours straight. 

Brozime actually has some amazing ideas i wish they listen to him more often
The idea he suggested fits this perfectly

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sarahsaurusx2014 said:

For starters, theres no dude names sarahsaurusx2014 here, second i have played the game.. For years actually. I have watched all the difficulty of the game diminish into nothing. People whinning about its too hard! Has made this game a hollow shell of what is used to be.

dude wat are u defending here are u screwed up or wat u were just supporting not giving incentive for taking on tougher challenges because not everyone else can. now ur spilling crap about ppl saying the game was too hard sounding like u hate that the game has gotten easy wen ur against competitive gameplay?

On 22.3.2018. at 5:10 PM, [DE]Sheldon said:

Kuva awarded per successful Kuva Harvester does not increase as the Endless Survival mission progresses.

So basically we have one more "endless" mission with quotes on endless part of the name.Run 20 minutes than extract,no point of going on further.I am only glad that Kuva Fortress finally got some mission worth playing(but we will see about that too).

5 hours ago, Deathmk56 said:

u trying to say they are wasting time creating content no one will appreciate?

Uh... one word: Lunaro.

Out of everything they've included in Warframe to date, Lunaro remains the least-played game mode, bar none. Even Archwing missions get more attention than Lunaro.

3 hours ago, (PS4)sarahsaurusx2014 said:

As i have explained, you can get 3200 kuva from 1 tower. Thats more than a single flood with a booster... Except you choose when to recieve it and how many times your willing to do so.

With your thinking.... While they're at it after ypur 4th rotation in a fissure you get 2 prime drops instead of 1 and after another 4 rotation you get 3.. Scaling should be only to the towers hp and then enemies.

Im truly sorry if you cannot comprehend basic math.

Do you even math bro? I am sorry, but you are the one whom cannot comprehend basic math. Not only are the current missions going to be more efficient, but your math is way off! You will be getting 800 for staying twice as long as a single mission for siphon, and that is with the boosters. no matter how you look at it, the surv will be too inefficient.

4 hours ago, (PS4)sarahsaurusx2014 said:

They took extra time to point out its a physical drop and resource boosters effect it. 

Just like normal Kuva missions

It's almost like if they didn't do it then it would REALLY be dead on arrival

On 22/3/2018 at 5:10 PM, [DE]Sheldon said:

• Kuva awarded per successful Kuva Harvester does not increase as the Endless Survival mission progresses. Our intent is for Kuva Survival to mimic the mechanic of Excavation/Defense with the intensity of Survival: We want you all to gather a fixed amount of what you need while in the process enemies get tougher and tougher and when these lvl100+ gents will give you trouble to keep up with what you're doin when you reach 40 waves completed/60 mins survived or 2100 cryotic excavated, then you ll start to wonder "why in my sane and sound mind should i keep going forward if im getting the same kuva/cryotic/rewards now as in the first 5-10 minutes of the mission?" and bail out to rinse and repeat the mission again, in an endless cycle of mindless, cheeseable grindfest these game modes are while making you numb and depriving the game of challenge and joy

Is this what you meant?

It looks good in concept, and I realize why you made it 200 since 3 air drops arrive in survivals during the first 5 min which will make the cost the same as a siphon that gives 600. But then what's the point of this endless kuva? Are you seriously hyping this addition just to give us something barely acceptable?

Small note before I give my opinion: I do not actively farm for Kuva. I do a mission or two every week if boredom strikes me.

Pre-implementation thoughts:
Sticking with the suggested flat-gain per tower, there's 4 towers before first extraction. However, only 3 filter cycles can be completed as the 4th tower spawns at ~4m40s. Assuming the squad has at least 1 Nekros and stays in the same tile to manipulate enemy spawning, there would be no time-benefit for the squad to stay longer than 2.6k Kuva (~22m30s - including time for filtration) as Kuva per second reaches 2.0 (approximate current acquisition average).

Interesting to note that per-rotation Kuva would be 600 for the first 4 rotations, but drops to 560 at 3rd instance of Rotation A.

Conclusion: Flat-gain per tower does not promote marathon runs of Kuva Fortress Survival.

Conceptually this looks great, but I'm concerned with the numbers behind a lot of this.

Your stated intention was to be faster than kuva siphons but slower than Kuva floods. That seems fair to me, though I would like to see some amount of scaling rewards to actually reward people going further into the mission. Regardless of that, as it stands 1 canister every 100 seconds (which after a 35 minute Survival seems to be the fairly consistent drop timer) means that you'll get the same Kuva as a siphon in 5 minutes which, depending on the mission types the siphon is on, is about the same if not slower than siphons not including loading time, which can be a long time for many players. Mobile defense being the obvious exception to this with a forced 4 minutes in mission not including timer moving between objectives, the siphon itself, and evac. In addition to not being more rewarding than Kuva siphons it would also be arguably harder to begin with, and only get harder as the mission progresses. As the numbers stand I can't see myself ever wanting to do this mission over even Kuva siphons, let alone getting try to get a proper group together, though that last part is probably my antisocial nature speaking. I'm not going to suggest numbers because everyone and their grandmother are going to do so and you guys are creative as hell anyway, I'm sure you can put it together.

It would also be very nice if the health of the Kuva harvester scaled with enemy level so Frost isn't a must have otherwise watch that extractor die because of that one dude across the room pinging it with a baguette.

I was going to *@##$ about your excuse for Kuva as drops being totally irrelevant since Boosters and Kavats already affect the drops, but it just forces people to stay together which works fine for me in a survival. Just wish you would be more upfront with what it is that's trying to be accomplished.

TL/DR If the numbers don't actually end up between siphons and floods, which they aren't, there's no reason to use this game mode, and that would be sad as the Kuva fortress as a whole is underused for being as cool as it is.

Il y a 18 heures, (PS4)sarahsaurusx2014 a dit :

They took extra time to point out its a physical drop and resource boosters effect it. 

Regular kuva missions are also affected by resource booster, I don't see your point here.

what if make each kuva drop gives 50 kuva, so u can amke variety of drops from 4x kuva drop (4x 50 each) to like 5 or 6 drops (250 or 300 kuva), considering 5 minute is like the proper amount of finishign kuva siphoon mission (gives around 600 kuva) and this change in kuva fortress survival seems able to get 2 harvester in 5 minute.

Please consider making the Kuva scale with the mission, if the mission started out at 50 and increased by 50 each siphon we would have a reason for doing this mission and finally be able to re-roll those 3,500 rivens we keep telling ourselves "One day I'll roll this riven into something I like, but not today"

Many players want this to be a viable endgame since you guys removed raids (Give raids back btw). It needs to be something better than 200 kuva every cycle: make it 200 on the first, 220 on the second, and so on. This incentives long plays WHICH HAS BEEN DESPERATELY WANTED SINCE RELIC REWORKS.

Archived