Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton and Lato Vandal on Sanctuary Onslaugh?! #Confirmed

Kaotyke

2 minutes ago, Schrenk212 said:

" Exclusive CBT Weapon revealed!"

Exclusive sure, at the time. Look at all other vandals and wraiths, bar the Supra vandal they've all come back in one form or another. While the original post may not say "but it may come back in the future!" they still have final say, and had final say when they explicitly said that it would come back in the future. Just curious if you complained then? Or only now when it has been known they'll be back with the next update? Not mad, not trying to get you riled up, just curious if you did for the sake of it.

DE have covered this in devstreams...they are not protected like excal prime, DE never imagined they would be going this long and as such they were 'thinking' about returning them.  

Clearly they have decided they want to return them to the game. 

And as others have said in other threads, if they were as important/special as players make out we'd see them everywhere, I've seen more excal primes (and it's weapons) than I have braton/lato vandals.  Not to mention the only reason you have that weapon is because you were in the right place at the right time, you didn't pay for it or anything.

At the end of the day DE seems to be trying to bring 'parity' to the xp levels of players by ensuring we have access to everything we can have access to, I'm sure if they could work a way round excal prime + weapons contract they'd re-release that too. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I think that you founders and CBT should need a big giant monument in every relay with all your names on it.

Like some kind of hall of heroes, because thanks to you the game survived in its infancy and hardest moment.

No one would be playing Warframe today if it weren't for you.

You don't need a gun in your arsenal, you need something that everyone can see, because that's what you actually deserve.

I think that's already a thing? There's a roll of names on top near where Baro appears IIRC.

1 minute ago, Praxxor said:

I think that's already a thing? There's a roll of names on top near where Baro appears IIRC.

Yup, partially true. Founders (especially Grandmasters) have sufficient recognition in the game. Although, I'm not exactly sure what happened to the founders that were linked to planet nodes.

Just now, Trowicia said:

Yup, partially true. Founders (especially Grandmasters) have sufficient recognition in the game. Although, I'm not exactly sure what happened to the founders that were linked to planet nodes.

i think they appear in the relay credits? im not sure about that tho

Someone else worded this perfectly

" I think your missing the point. Its in bad taste, it goes against their word. Allot of arguments here i would guess are coming from people who don't have it and want it. How many people will it matter to in a year after the whole community has it. It looses its status as a symbol of being their since the beginning. "

15 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

how many people that have these exclusive weapons actually use them?

Check my in-game profile. 

On a side note, this reminds me of similar situation like in a clan, no matter how much you contributed to the clan, if you aren't online for the required number of days, you will still be kicked. lmao

59 minutes ago, Schrenk212 said:

" I think your missing the point. Its in bad taste, it goes against their word. Allot of arguments here i would guess are coming from people who don't have it and want it. How many people will it matter to in a year after the whole community has it. It looses its status as a symbol of being their since the beginning. "

The point hardly matters anymore.

Like I said, unless they give out that 'CBT free t-shirt' badge or sigil or whatever the hell comes up on my mind, it's really not worth the effort to complain about this considering it's still gonna happen and a big majority prefer these weapons to be released.

It'd be better to commit that energy to something else rather than this.

1 minute ago, Schrenk212 said:

What's more important, something you said 5 years ago or a poll you made 2 years ago that ended in 85% of your community voting yes? Since when is a decade-old announcement more important than what the community wants?

And, please, don't compare this to Founder's Packs, people paid for those, no one paid for Lato or Braton Vandal.

1 minute ago, kyori said:

Check my in-game profile. 

On a side note, this reminds me of similar situation like in a clan, no matter how much you contributed to the clan, if you aren't online for the required number of days, you will still be kicked. lmao

Yup.  That's why i said how many people "actually use" them.

:cool:

Founders are the symbol of something great, yea, they helped this game to exist. They earned it by their presence and actions.

Unfortunately, Founders are also the symbol of being a proud birdy like "Look at me, I'm special! See that glyph? See that shiny Excal Prime? I'm very very VERY special, remember that". They earned that by their behavior and they just don't care about how it makes their general reputation dirty. I haven't met any Founder that would be just polite to usual player. Alerting others before leaving as host? No. Bringing the useful warframe instead of shiny Excal Prime to whatever mission? No. Being unreasonably proud and telling everyone to do what he says cuz he's special and been there since the very start? Hell, yes.

Don't make that situation worse. Stay at the bright side, man. Don't ask to be more special than you are. Behave like you really deserved to be special.

1 hour ago, Zanoza-chan said:

Founders are the symbol of something great, yea, they helped this game to exist. They earned it by their presence and actions.

Unfortunately, Founders are also the symbol of being a proud birdy like "Look at me, I'm special! See that glyph? See that shiny Excal Prime? I'm very very VERY special, remember that". They earned that by their behavior and they just don't care about how it makes their general reputation dirty. I haven't met any Founder that would be just polite to usual player. Alerting others before leaving as host? No. Bringing the useful warframe instead of shiny Excal Prime to whatever mission? No. Being unreasonably proud and telling everyone to do what he says cuz he's special and been there since the very start? Hell, yes.

Don't make that situation worse. Stay at the bright side, man. Don't ask to be more special than you are. Behave like you really deserved to be special.

In all honesty, I can agree.

Like, it's kinda gross when people use their material as evidence that they were early birds just so they can receive praise. That shouldn't be an accomplishment as it's just that you there for the right time.

And even then, I get surprised and coveted reactions about him and the only thing I do is say 'hi' but I don't prance excal prime the hell around since all I do is cosplay hayden tenno.

The only thing I should be goddamn proud of is the investment alone has flourished into a game that's getting a good amount of recognition.

Edited by TylerFreeman

At best you can hope that they somehow go like, the TF2 route in making your vandals "vintage" adding that on top for fun, and then making the other vandals the regular normal vandal... of course then they'd have to divert any mastery for 1 into a single Lato/Braton vandal stat for the sake of mastery. Given the other solution is to just rerelease it and requires a bit less coding and rejigging (mind you I know they could just...not) dunno what else to say either way. *shrugs*

13 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

What's more important, something you said 5 years ago or a poll you made 2 years ago that ended in 85% of your community voting yes? Since when is a decade-old announcement more important than what the community wants?

And, please, don't compare this to Founder's Packs, people paid for those, no one paid for Lato or Braton Vandal.

Well to be fair, that kind of poll wouldn't ever go any other way due to the huge disparity of pre and post CBT players.

It sais exclusive because at that time it was a gift exclusive to CBT. It was back then, because only cbt would have it, until its return.

i mean all event mods and weps were exclusive to that specific event/operation... until their return

also even with the return, CBT are still the only that had it as a gift and can skip entirely the new game mode. So they saved you time, and gave you an item that was exclusive for 5 years.

pretty good for something you CBT guys got for free and actually never ever used because you didnt even care to show it in missions. But now you care about an item you forgot you had for years only because other can have it too.

i really wish the same for primed chamber . Not that i care to have one, but really makes no sense to have a very unique mod in game that 99% of the current playerbase wasnt even there to alteast try to get.

Edited by JohnKable

10 minutes ago, Varacal said:

i kinda want DE to rerelease the founders pack just to piss off even more people with the same mindset as yours

Not gonna happen. What might happen, though, and I think we can openly push for that without getting threads locked, is to demand gear to be released that shares its mastery value with founders items, so everyone else can completely catch up without locking founders out of content.

1 hour ago, Schrenk212 said:

Nah, not going to get over it, it's a huge slap in the face, especially since they said it'd ONLY be available for CBTs.

DE asked a while ago beta testers if they would be fine with those returning and huge majority didnt mind, also its not first time DE changed their mind/broken their word, for example in the past DE said PRIMES will only be cosmetic difference to non-prime gear(appearance change, stats stay same) but they changed their mind, so if you are against this then you should also demand all primes to be nerfed to non-prime level, if you dont then that will make you hypocrite since it would mean you are fine with DE breaking their word when it suits you.

38 minutes ago, Varacal said:

i kinda want DE to rerelease the founders pack just to piss off even more people with the same mindset as yours

People like you is just the worse.

Is your post mature? NO

Does your post contribute anything to the discussion? NO

Does your post contribute to easen up the situation? NO

So why don't you keep your mouth close or your fingers tied?