Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #111!

[DE]Rebecca

Hello DE, 

Why does cetus and poe have a different day night cycle than the rest of earth? 

It just feels fractured, something to make it more streamlined would be welcome. I suggest the whole of earth follows the same day night cycle as cetus and poe. 

Q: How far off is the Venus landscape? Are we to expect a development cycle for landscapes to be nearly a year each, or is current progress slowed by the Sacrifice being simultaneously worked on? Do you have plans to handle development of multiple big-ticket items more smoothly in the future?

Q: Tridolons (the capture hunt for all 3 Eidolon variants) bug and break with every update. You guys took the Trials off the air in part due to them breaking with every single update. So where does that leave us? From players' perspective it's almost like nothing really changed: one buggy mess for arcanes, for another buggy mess for arcanes. Surely this wasn't the plan... right?

Q: Any more improvements to Khora in the pipeline? Surely this can't be her final form. I've figured out some ways to use her, but some aspects still seem grotesquely underdeveloped with her from a design and mechanical perspective. The single-target nature and delay (before actually delivering its effect) of Ensnare makes it so unreliable it's almost never an option for groups of enemies (literally what it was designed for), and Command, in all practical senses, doesn't even exist:

- commands to attack a target are pointless if the ability doesn't instantly teleport her onto the selected target to deal her Snare and Tail Whip abilities to them, as a command to start making her way over to an enemy in front of you isn't helpful when she's 2 tiles over fighting god-knows-what, you might as well be trying to tell a housecat irl to do tricks for you

- her becoming stuck, immobile, and inactive after activating Revitalize on the Heal stance renders her literally useless, stuck in place until you switch her back into Attack mode

Will Wukong ever get a rework, he is currently one of the most disappointing frames in my opinion while his survivability is good, Valkyr does everything better tbh her 4th skill is a much better exalted weapon, invincibility and armor buffs from warcry truly invalidates Wukong as a pick, make his 4th skill better, make iron jab stronger and make cloud walker into something else I seriously don't know how you could salvage that skill.

I'd like to know where You stand with riven dispositions i.e. on what grounds decisions concerning dispositions are made. Until Khoras release I believed that popularity was the main factor You considered and the 3/5 disposition on every new weapon followed that logic BUT Dual Keres has a disposition of 5/5, soooo.. what's up with that?

Can we get a darkening filter for displays? There is some really nice fan art with light coloring/backgrounds that are unusable because the display is so bright they're completely washed out.

One question. Any word on scaling rewards for endurance runners? For example, kuva survival, regular survival, onslaught? Not to mention for kuva survival, scaling the health of the siphon. 

Cheers. 

5 minutes ago, LambdaPi said:

Any word on scaling rewards for endurance runners? For example, kuva survival

DE said in previous devstream that they won't implement scaling on this topic i believe. The reason is they want their game to be bite sized 20 minutes full of fun, not 3 hours survival run for kuva

Will closed beta players get some sort of cosmetic item? Now that Lato Vandal is released CBT players have nothing to show off. 

Events that award new Vandals and Wraiths also award badges, sigils, syandanas or even armor sets that are exclusive to that event so players that participated get something unique.

CBT are left with nothing unique for their contribution

When are we expecting a focus earn revamp as they are truely essential and when are we expecting the login reward change where we choose a path which has been discussed in a previous devstream

Hydroid prime and zephyr prime trailer eta?

sacrifice release date?? it said 2017 at tennocon

I have a question for the Devstream.

A few devstreams ago we were shown a preview of the upcoming GPU particle effects, and i believe it was Steve who mentioned that the particles used the depth buffer to more efficiently calculate collisions with the environment.
My question is, have you/how have you managed to work around the issue of distant particles colliding with objects in the foreground (such as your warframe)?

Archived