Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Saryn Revisited 2.0

[DE]Danielle

When will the non-popular frames like Wukong and Titania for example, be looked at as well? They are in dire need of an overview more than Saryn to be honest. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad Saryn is getting changes, it’s just that certain frames need to need be looked at more than others.

Saryn Feedback:

• Stat Increase
    • Good change to make her a bit more more survivable.
  • Spores
    • Sounds pretty good so far, hopefully it’s good in the game.
  • Molt
    • Reading the changes to Molt seem quite incredible, can’t wait to see how it is in-game.
  • Toxic Lash
    • Changing the ability to work for all weapons is a really great change.
  • Miasma
    • The damage buff to Miasma is an extremely good buff.
  • Audio Change
    • Won’t say no to new audio, can’t wait to hear the new sounds!

I’m not a Saryn main, nor have I used her, but overall, the new Saryn rework looks quite good, nothing really to complain here.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
Added feedback
  • Like 33

i already rly like saryn can we keep her that way ?

I know its probably not but this seems good too of course we will see^.^ 

Hey just a question Danielle is the new odio include the sound i saw you doing on twitter ? Please that would be hilalrious ^.^ 

https://twitter.com/GameSoundDesign/status/977202468642869249

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • With the new spreading nature of Spores, survivability of Molt, and the increase duration of Toxic Lash and Miasma, Saryn is no longer as Energy hungry as she used to be, so we’ve removed the 2 Energy restore on Spores burst by Toxic Lash.   

Not crazy about this one. Forcing yet another frame into zenurikville in order to maintain uptime on other abilities in the face of energy leech eximus units seems like a pretty miserable thing to do.

• Like 27

Is the voice similar to that of Valkyr's in the ability casts? I'm a little concerned as to how it will fit the character. Also a little concerned about how powerful spores seems but excited overall.

Edited by Okelikai
  • Like 2

On top of all that, a...voice? I had my gripes about Saryn, but I can say with 100% confidence "she doesn't say stuff when casting powers" was not one of them. 

Edit: removing the "coughing up some lucky sauce" sounds works, though. Do that for Paris Prime, too. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

This sounds pretty good on paper, but I'm concerned about the new Toxic Lash. Currently, popping a spore with Toxic Lash both spreads the spore AND the toxin DoT (or at least it's supposed to, but rarely ever does). Being able to spread spores with the ability is great, but I loved the ability to spread the toxin DoT as well. Will that be staying?

• Like 3

I'm a bit worried about decoupling some of the combo capabilities Saryn had, and I'm also not exactly the biggest fan of swapping Spores and Miasma's damage types.  I'll be able to get a better scope once it's in my hands, but until then, I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 3

Just now, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

I really....really......REALLY love my Saryn so when I saw this I was like "DAMN IT THEY'RE GOING TO NERF HER!!!" but......this seems like a major buff.

Thank....you? I think?

The swapping of damage types will reveal which way this really goes (as well as the question of whether you can spread the toxin DoT's by bursting spores). 

The only nerf I'm really reading here is that low damage max range Equinoxes will no longer two-tick spore-afflicted targets since she's spreading Corrosive instead of Viral.

If these Spores still carry my Toxin DoTs (and from reading this, they do), the source of my damage is still here. And the duration is now infinite. And the damage grows exponentially the longer my Spores are around.

I am very excited to try these changes out for myself sooner rather than later.

• Like 5

Hey all! Just a quick reminder that this thread is for discussing THIS rework. Questions like "what about X frame, they could use some work" are not on-topic here and should be asked in the Warframe & Abilities Feedback section of the Forums. Crowding this thread with such responses won't help us gauge feedback to this rework.

Thanks!

• Like 17

Now that my excited has calmed down a little, I foresee a few issues.

Toxic lash's blocking element still feels unnecessary, would suggest changing it to damage reduction while she has a melee equipped to differentiate when she's gunning or closing in for the kill and doesn't have to choose which half of the ability to use. 

Secondly miasma feels even less important as an 'ultimate' compared to the new spores but its headed in a nice direction. Potentially allow it to CC in a more reliable way rather than the soft 'stagger' she currently has since it differs based on enemy animation types. 

Edited by ThatOddDeer
forgot a thing
  • Like 5