[DE]Danielle

Developer Workshop: Saryn Revisited 2.0

RIP my Saryn...but it actually seems pretty fun. I'm just not so sure about the Viral to Corrosive Change on her Spores though

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 39

Posted (edited)

i already rly like saryn can we keep her that way ?

I know its probably not but this seems good too of course we will see^.^ 

Hey just a question Danielle is the new odio include the sound i saw you doing on twitter ? Please that would be hilalrious ^.^ 

https://twitter.com/GameSoundDesign/status/977202468642869249

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

Ooh, a Rework! Should have come when all the others got their "reworks" but it's fine.

Edited by EndermanBeast
  • Like 3
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

That's a lot of changes to check out. One question though, will spores still transmit Toxin status procs from infected enemies upon popping a spore? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 18

Posted (edited)

Is the voice similar to that of Valkyr's in the ability casts? I'm a little concerned as to how it will fit the character. Also a little concerned about how powerful spores seems but excited overall.

Edited by Okelikai
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

On top of all that, a...voice? I had my gripes about Saryn, but I can say with 100% confidence "she doesn't say stuff when casting powers" was not one of them. 

Edit: removing the "coughing up some lucky sauce" sounds works, though. Do that for Paris Prime, too. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Upvote 6

This sounds pretty good on paper, but I'm concerned about the new Toxic Lash. Currently, popping a spore with Toxic Lash both spreads the spore AND the toxin DoT (or at least it's supposed to, but rarely ever does). Being able to spread spores with the ability is great, but I loved the ability to spread the toxin DoT as well. Will that be staying?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 8

This actually looks pretty good and fun. I personally wasn't a huge fan of Saryn, but this seems to be aiming at making her more fun in the moment to moment gameplay, which i love

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I really....really......REALLY love my Saryn so when I saw this I was like "DAMN IT THEY'RE GOING TO NERF HER!!!" but......this seems like a major buff.

Thank....you? I think?

• Like 9
  • Haha 3
  • Satisfied 3
  • Upvote 5

I'm a bit worried about decoupling some of the combo capabilities Saryn had, and I'm also not exactly the biggest fan of swapping Spores and Miasma's damage types.  I'll be able to get a better scope once it's in my hands, but until then, I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Just now, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

I really....really......REALLY love my Saryn so when I saw this I was like "DAMN IT THEY'RE GOING TO NERF HER!!!" but......this seems like a major buff.

Thank....you? I think?

The swapping of damage types will reveal which way this really goes (as well as the question of whether you can spread the toxin DoT's by bursting spores). 

• Upvote 3

I look forward to recieving my 1 forma despite me investing 5.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 16

The only nerf I'm really reading here is that low damage max range Equinoxes will no longer two-tick spore-afflicted targets since she's spreading Corrosive instead of Viral.

If these Spores still carry my Toxin DoTs (and from reading this, they do), the source of my damage is still here. And the duration is now infinite. And the damage grows exponentially the longer my Spores are around.

I am very excited to try these changes out for myself sooner rather than later.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Hey all! Just a quick reminder that this thread is for discussing THIS rework. Questions like "what about X frame, they could use some work" are not on-topic here and should be asked in the Warframe & Abilities Feedback section of the Forums. Crowding this thread with such responses won't help us gauge feedback to this rework.

Thanks!

• Like 17
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 9

Posted (edited)

Now that my excited has calmed down a little, I foresee a few issues.

Toxic lash's blocking element still feels unnecessary, would suggest changing it to damage reduction while she has a melee equipped to differentiate when she's gunning or closing in for the kill and doesn't have to choose which half of the ability to use. 

Secondly miasma feels even less important as an 'ultimate' compared to the new spores but its headed in a nice direction. Potentially allow it to CC in a more reliable way rather than the soft 'stagger' she currently has since it differs based on enemy animation types. 

Edited by ThatOddDeer
forgot a thing
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4