Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Prime...?

Hmm if they were to make a Gram Prime it should probably have a strong norse/viking theme to it since it is Odin's mythological sword.

So alot of "dragon knot" patters in gold covering the blade with a darker metallic background. Probably two raven heads at the start of the hilt/grip and two wolves heads at the bottom, this would represent Hugin and Munin aswell as Frekki and Gerri. The raven heads could instead be placed at the end of the blade instead of the grey looking edge.

5 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Gram shares aesthetics with Corpus designed weapons like the Prova more than Tenno sensibilities. Still, it would be nice to have a Vandal or other upgrade variant.

Gram is two handed version of plasma sword, and plasma sword is a Tenno weapon, not Corpus.

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Hmm if they were to make a Gram Prime it should probably have a strong norse/viking theme to it since it is Odin's mythological sword.

So alot of "dragon knot" patters in gold covering the blade with a darker metallic background. Probably two raven heads at the start of the hilt/grip and two wolves heads at the bottom, this would represent Hugin and Munin aswell as Frekki and Gerri. The raven heads could instead be placed at the end of the blade instead of the grey looking edge.

I hope and pray they won't make it 10ft long. It was cool at first, but my orbiter has cuts and scratches everywhere, and I'm pretty sure Galatine Prime is dull.

41 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Actually it's the sword of the norse hero Sigmund. His son Sigurd uses it to kill a dragon. It was given to Sigmund by Odin, though.

I want blade part to be very low tech. Like a really old and used piece of darkened metal, with dents and all that stuff. 

And handle must be super high tech. With animated parts and golden decorations.   

Such contrast would be real nice.

Not sure how a Prime variant for the Gram would look like, i know it would be something heavenly, specially because its a sword that would deserve the best look of out of all Heavy Blades in the game for being the oldest.

I get intense shivers just from the thought as i long for the Gram Prime! <3

If Gram Prime gets an innate passive of increased slam radius or increased damage on slam, that’d make sense and I’d totally be down for it. 

In Tactics Ogre, Gram is considered to be an earth elemental greatsword. Something that defines its attribute of being a hard-hitting weapon is what I’d like to see, not a weapon that accentuates on its length or reach of the weapon model.

3 hours ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

Gram is two handed version of plasma sword, and plasma sword is a Tenno weapon, not Corpus.

Yes, and style wise, its a Corpus weapon and that description should probably be changed. The concept for it was even Corpus Energy Sword for Hek's sake! 😁

58 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Yes, and style wise, its a Corpus weapon and that description should probably be changed. The concept for it was even Corpus Energy Sword for Hek's sake! 😁

48 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

at the moment, it's a pseudo-Corpus weapon, so Gram Vandal, or "Gramdal" is possibly more likely. we'll just have to see what happens with the PBR changes the weapon gets.

Gram could also use a buff, hopefully done during the Melee rework.

Although a Vandal Gram would be cool. The file name for Gram says it's a Tenno great sword. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

at the moment, it's a pseudo-Corpus weapon, so Gram Vandal, or "Gramdal" is possibly more likely. we'll just have to see what happens with the PBR changes the weapon gets.

Gram could also use a buff, hopefully done during the Melee rework.

Just a note, PBR is just textures, not the model. Physics Based Rendering.

I don't think this need to be worried. Concern that Gram are basically a weaker Galatine primed(slash damage, mediocre CC & SC), Gram Primed is just going to be a copy of Galatine Primed.

Edited by qscgg

4 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

The problem with the Gram and any prime it may get is that its in a game with the Gal/Prime and would have to be significantly better than it to ever leave its shadow

If it’s weaker, give it an innate/special perk that makes it competitive to other Heavy Blades that players may likely compare it to.

... Like innate Seismic Wave for instance, or increased slam radius. ‘~’