Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthetic Eidolon Shard

Jacubuss

yeah, I can agree on this one. I know it's a Synthetic Shard, and thus likely doesn't contain the level of space magic of a real Eidolon Shard, but 5000 focus is a bit of joke considering that even post-rework the Focus trees still demand much more than that. I don't think 15,000 is unreasonable considering you get 25k from a "real" shard.

what annoys me most is how many goddamn relics are in the drop table; like we don't have 100 other places that drop relics. sure, they're radiant, but this is supposed to be something for Veterans, and if there's one thing Veterans already have an abundance of, it's relics. Kuva would be better, you can never have too much of that stuff as it already has a resource sink.

I would agree, if it was a common reward the synthetic shard would make more sense. I feel its positive reason for existing is to tie back to how this mode was originally talked about allowing going over the focus cap - and idea which eventually became Brilliant and Radiant Shards in the new focus system. However, the drop rate I think tries to present Synthetic as as higher end reward and I don't feel it belongs there at 5000 focus for redemption.

6 hours ago, Jacubuss said:

Why we have this item in drop on ESO? You cnt delete this? Better is Extract Nintain from this 5000 focus, WOW one 3x3 give 450,000 what is this 5000? Its joke?

On the Brightside it does unlock waybounds...

Edit:
I'm ok with Endo staying but like I keep saying when it comes to late game content. DE needs to scale the rewards to the difficulty/Content Tier.

We need to be receiving 3k or 5k Endo (Which is nothing at end/late game.). 300 or if a player is lucky on rotation C 600 Endo isn't equal to a squirrel fart. It's more insulting. Might as well give players Magazine Warps, & Ammo Drums at this point.
It's bad enough that Rathuum Arena doesn't even drop Endo in the Hundreds.

I 100% understand why DE needs to keep the generousity of rewards at a "lower end". They need grind to justify logging in every day, give players things to hunt for, & to make Market purchases enticing.
BUT...
Right now it's not scaled right. Just like when PoE launched.

In addition to Weapons, Warframes, & Melee reworks/rebalances. Rewards in Warframe PERIOD need to be looked over.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

What? Where does it say that it can unlock waybounds?

It doesn't. Only Brilliant Shards can do that (unlocked / unbound a passive waybound very recently).

You can still convert Synthetic Shards into points for focus, but that's about it in terms of usefulness (to the best of my knowledge).

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

[...] Kuva would be better, you can never have too much of that stuff as it already has a resource sink.

They could give us scaling Kuva for pushing yourself in Onslaught and not make it a "rotation C and restart" kind of mission. It is such a shame we don't get anything worth going past 1 rotation...

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

They could give us scaling Kuva for pushing yourself in Onslaught and not make it a "rotation C and restart" kind of mission. It is such a shame we don't get anything worth going past 1 rotation...

That would be a reason to run it; for sure.

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

It doesn't. Only Brilliant Shards can do that (unlocked / unbound a passive waybound very recently).

You can still convert Synthetic Shards into points for focus, but that's about it in terms of usefulness (to the best of my knowledge).

You sure? Today when I was looking at the 100k focus I'm short to unlock my last Unairu Waybound the game said I need 1 of the following: Brilliant Eidolon Shard, Radiant Eidolon Shard, or Synthetic Eidolon Shard.

The Synthetic Shard DEFINITELY was NOT there before. I'd totally waste a Synthetic on unlocks instead of Brilliant Shard. That 25k is useful.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

You sure? Today when I was looking at the 100k focus I'm short to unlock my last Unairu Waybound the game said I need 1 of the following: Brilliant Eidolon Shard, Radiant Eidolon Shard, or Synthetic Eidolon Shard.

The Synthetic Shard DEFINITELY was NOT there before. I'd totally waste a Synthetic on unlocks instead of Brilliant Shard. That 25k is useful.

Okay, that sure is new. Can you post a screenshot? That could be good news if it is true.

it happened to me that were useful to max out 2 waybounds on otherwise ignore focus schools without having to "waste" an useless extra 20k focus by converting a regular eidolon shard.
i mean its a kinda rare drop and i think it will happen that it will substitute another shard, non supergood but still has a use and im fine with it as long as it remains a rare drop (even if you would supposed that a rare drop should be good i think its better if something you get so unfrequently is bad)

Also since they upped the focus cap and added onslaught focus is not a problem anymore, i was able to max out the stuff i left behind really in no time

11 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Pretty sure. I went to unbind a node and it had an x next to a Brilliant Shard....and I had a Synthetic one in my inventory but not a Brilliant one. When I got a Brilliant Shard, the x turned into a check mark.

And this was maybe 4 days ago.

Weird.

I don't understand why these exist.

They're not even good at clogging up the drop tables, because they're not that common.  Maybe if we could place them as decorations, because they look nifty.

If they CAN unlock waybounds, though, that's another story.  Still not a very good story, but better.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

Pretty sure. I went to unbind a node and it had an x next to a Brilliant Shard....and I had a Synthetic one in my inventory but not a Brilliant one. When I got a Brilliant Shard, the x turned into a check mark.

And this was maybe 4 days ago.

Weird.

PS4 vs PC - could this be a "feature" (bug) that we missed on PC while it lasted? Oh the mystery!