The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn't It Time to Get a Non-Prime Orokin-based Warframe?

Zeroroa

So I've been thinking,We have all these shiny prime Warframes who have Orokin Tech but Unprimed we see that these Warframes are of the original Tenno Tech.So isn't it time DE made a Warframe who isn't of Tenno tech but of Orokin or at least a Orokin-Tenno Hybrid technology? I mean it wouldn't make a bit sense but to add the fun in Warframe and make things a bit different plus for a added bonus it has the fashion frame potential (That is,Depending on it's design) and maybe even have the extra passive Prime frames have (The Energy with the Death Orb Stuff). So Yeah wish that would happen next (Next) updates

Orokin... Tenno... Hybrid...

Hmm...

To be honest, I don't see it happening. Lorewise, the Orokin Empire was all about that beautiful golden life. It would be weird (offsetting, even) to find Orokin-based ANYTHING without gold trim on it. 

Also, the Tenno style of Warframes (if my lore is correct) came about a while after the Orokin Empire went belly up. 

The Prime frames where the first, the regular frames are just "bad attemps" of recreating what the Orokin Empire first made

Not to meantion alot of tenno tech is based on Orokin Tech, just without all the gold and alot weaker

Edited by BabyKurama

22 minutes ago, Zeroroa said:

Unprimed we see that these Warframes are of the original Tenno Tech

other way around actually. Orokin tech (Prime tech) came first, made during the Old War. after the fall of the Orokin, most of the tech was either lost, or kept behind DNA-locked vaults that only Executors and other high-ranking Orokin could open (but they're all dead aside from Ballas, so nobody can open the vaults). Tenno technology is made from scavenged Orokin Blueprints that survived the collapse, but because the materials the Orokin used are in short supply, the Tenno Warframes and Weapons have to be made from cheaper materials, and there's far less decoration as it serves no practical purpose in combat. Tenno weapons and frames are meant to be purely practical recreations of the lost Orokin Tech.

There’s actually a theory that the vanilla frames were also made during the prolonged era and the old war, and they were simply used as fodder and their operators were the ‘created’ Tenno (see the Warframe comic), the prime framed were controlled by the original zariman tenno 

Prime things were the Orokin precursors of the current-age things. It was stated that they were the 'release versions' of the frames/weapons/things during the Orokin Eras.

The closest thing to a pseudo-Prime (Orokin tech, but not Prime) would be Vor's Seer handgun, or any Tenno armament.

The closest thing to a not-Prime Orokin-'based' anything would be Sentient-related things, since /Spoiler.

Spoiler

Sentients were originally super-adaptive but vulnerable to Void terraforming drones hurled via the Outer Terminus -> Tau Rail intended to terraform the Tau System for Orokin colonization and exploitation of all resources. This somehow went horribly wrong (A: Mass Effect's 'Morning War' scenario where the [Orokin] try to destroy or deactivate the [Sentients], or B: [Sentients] discover [Orokin] had intentionally given then a weakness and demanded for that to be fixed. [Orokin] said no. [Sentients] decide to go to war to take [Orokin] tech and find a solution with it. C : Both? Neither?).

This would, by a stretch, mean all Sentient weaponry and related Warframes (Chroma and [Kratosframe (wielder of Sentient 2h Katana/Nodachi, bane of Sentients) ] ) are, in a very drawn-out way, Orokin-tech but not Prime.

That means War could be viewed as Gram Prime; Broken War as the Sentient version of Skana Prime.

49 minutes ago, Zeroroa said:

these Warframes are of the original Tenno Tech

But made during the orokin era, mass-produced from an original design. Or at least it's implied.

The tenno haven't made anything new since the orokin era. Very convenient for DE, of course.

35 minutes ago, (XB1)motionROTATION said:

I think the Umbra or Prisma versions are supposed to be the upgraded Tenno versions. As for an “Orokin Frame”, well all of the frames were made during the Orokin empire so they are ALL Orokin frames

We don't know yet what Umbra will be.

Prisma is known already. It's an upgrade for tech in general made by Baro. Vandal is the upgrade to corpus-tech. And Wraith is the same for Grineer. 

Edited by WhiteMarker

1 hour ago, Zeroroa said:

So I've been thinking,We have all these shiny prime Warframes who have Orokin Tech but Unprimed we see that these Warframes are of the original Tenno Tech.So isn't it time DE made a Warframe who isn't of Tenno tech but of Orokin or at least a Orokin-Tenno Hybrid technology? I mean it wouldn't make a bit sense but to add the fun in Warframe and make things a bit different plus for a added bonus it has the fashion frame potential (That is,Depending on it's design) and maybe even have the extra passive Prime frames have (The Energy with the Death Orb Stuff). So Yeah wish that would happen next (Next) updates

It's a good thought. Intuition suggests it's unlikely to happen - but it would be good if DE ran a trial to assess the impact and then made a final decision after gathering evidence. The reasons it seems unlikely to happen is the possible/probable impact on sales of Prime Access and Prime Vault items and players spending fewer hours in-game gathering Prime blueprints. What do you think, though?

56 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

We don't know yet what Umbra will be.

Prisma is known already. It's an upgrade for tech in general made by Baro. Vandal is the upgrade to corpus-tech. And Wraith is the same for Grineer. 

We don't know what Umbra is yet. Hopefully we'll be further enlightened with Sacrifice. 

Prisma stuff comes from Baro. Where he gets it is unknown. Presumably, there's a cottage industry in upgraded weapons similar to custom gunsmithing--which brings us to the Vandal and Wraith weapons.

These appear to be custom variants of weapons made by Corpus industrial concerns (Vandal) and possibly renegade Grineer sources (Wraith). Neither works exclusively with Corpus or Grineer weapons. Both concerns have tenno variants: the Imperator Vandal and Strun Wraith spring to mind. 

5 minutes ago, Zeroroa said:

All People who replied

I Was trying to say a real Orokin-Based Frame,A frame that wasn't replicated by Tenno

So basically, a Prime frame that has no Tenno counterpart? Somewhat of a Euphona equivalent of a Warframe?

The Euphona Prime is an Orokin-based weapon that isn't replicated by the Tenno. The only reason why they named it Euphona Prime and not Euphona is to standardize the naming so we know it's a Orokin weapon and not a Tenno, Grinner or Corpus weapon.

I think there might be a misunderstanding somewhere on what Prime means.

11 minutes ago, Zeroroa said:

All People who replied

I Was trying to say a real Orokin-Based Frame,A frame that wasn't replicated by Tenno

You mean you want DE to release a totally original Prime frame like how they would release a non-Prime? Not going to happen. Prime Access is one of DE’s main sources of income.

Unless of course you’re proposing that DE release a Prime Acces featuring a completely new frame, which would be interesting.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

You mean you want DE to release a totally original Prime frame like how they would release a non-Prime? Not going to happen. Prime Access is one of DE’s main sources of income.

Hey Maybe they might do it. After all it's just 1 Orokin Frame and they're already having so much money with the current Prime Access

2 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

So basically, a Prime frame that has no Tenno counterpart? Somewhat of a Euphona equivalent of a Warframe?

The Euphona Prime is an Orokin-based weapon that isn't replicated by the Tenno. The only reason why they named it Euphona Prime and not Euphona is to standardize the naming so we know it's a Orokin weapon and not a Tenno, Grinner or Corpus weapon.

I think there might be a misunderstanding somewhere on what Prime means.

Exactly 

29 minutes ago, Zeroroa said:

Hey Maybe they might do it. After all it's just 1 Orokin Frame and they're already having so much money with the current Prime Access

That's not how business works.
A company doesn't just say "oh, we have enough money. Let's stop making cash. It's boring anyway".

58 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Unless of course you’re proposing that DE release a Prime Acces featuring a completely new frame, which would be interesting.

I don't see why not. With Excalibur being Founder exclusive I think we could use an out of rotation Warframe. All other weapon categories (Primary, Secondary and Melee) have at least 2 out of rotation Prime weapons.

Edited by NightmareT12