Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

28 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

Stasis and Cataclysm have the same duration because stasis is basically an addition that only works inside cata bubble. The inconsistency of only bringing one of the abilities to half duration doesn't make sense so it would be safe to assume both are being halved, though this is just an assumption and would be nice if @[DE]Rebecca could clarify on this matter. If not then: 

1) You see the time left on your stasis on your ability icon, when you see it's about to run out, you get of out the cata bubble and instantly dash. Use 4 to deactivate cataclysm and a couple of seconds later your stasis will run out, so you recast stasis and then cataclym again while you're immune by your passive. You don't have to stand still to do everything, you know.

2) 0?

For now ONLY stasis confirmed to have half duration until someone from DE confirms they change more than one ability i expect only the changes written already.

Your solution can work for lv50 mobs but at lv80 you have big chance to go down exactly the same second you stop your bubble(if enemies have hitscan weapons so they don't care much if you move or not).

Limbo is right now already not so good and the change will make situation even worse for some people.

limbo should have never been able to have the kind of influence he has on his team. this isnt a tactical shooter or a single player game. his CC is over excessive. Stasis was only part of the problem. and it sounds like you want to avoid controversy by not acknowledging that the rift mechanic is a problem. when his prime is released you are really going to see some real hate which is sad.

limbo isnt the only CC frame but he is the only one that imposes his rules on the team. nyx can CC without disrupting the squad. loki can CC without disrupting the squad, Zephyr can CC without disrupting the squad, Mag can CC without disrupting the squad. for point defense, frost can point defense without being disruptive, same with octavia, same with volt, same with zephyr, same with vauban.

with this change to limbo as i said in a previous thread this is what will happen: Banish > Stasis > Rift Surge > Dash > Kill = enemies that cant be hit unless you are in the rift or limbo uses cataclysm or banishes each team member. being able to time stop any enemy that enters the room is over excessive and not being able to kill them unless you are playing a DPS power frame or asking limbo to put you in the rift is disgusting.

22 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Go to Jupiter, jump in one of those vents that blows you upwards, press RMB, and learn how to land headshots.
Maybe use Zephyr for her passive.
Easy as that...

21 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

>survival mission (I like the ones in the Void)
>find a dead end
>wait for enemies to rush in in line
>jump, aim, shoot

I always do that challenge with this method using either a fully auto weapon or tigris prime.

21 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

Get a cc frame in a survival with plenty space to do a high bulletjump and glide and shoot at them? I've always done them like that, never thought about Limbo's cata and stasis Lol.

As for the changes, I already said sometime ago if they ever changed Limbo's stasis + cataclysm to work without affecting ally bullets, that'd be completely broken. He's gonna be the ultimate cheese frame now for every comp. Not that I'm against it, but it's gonna need a nerf I bet (even though he already got hit by a 50% duration one).

2 hours ago, theBRICKMASTR said:

use the Arca Plasmor, it lands headshots very easily, although that doesn't solve the problem for rifle riven mods as the arca plasmor is a shotgun.  I got nothing there, skill I guess?

I actually meant the challenge where you have to kill 15 enemies in a single air glide, my mistake. But how i do this without Limbo? Hmm now that i am thinking it... maybe ember? 

11 minutes ago, StamFFS said:

I actually meant the challenge where you have to kill 15 enemies in a single slide, my mistake. But how i do this without Limbo? Hmm now that i am thinking it... maybe ember?

IIRC, the challenge with 10+ enemies doesn't need to be done in a single glide/slide, but if it really is in a single GLIDE, then there's a tileset in Jupiter or Saturn that has a room with a huge venting thing that keeps you afloat. So all you need to do is jump on the vent and get those headshots while it keeps you floating up and down.

1 minute ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

IIRC, the challenge with 10+ enemies doesn't need to be done in a single glide, but if it really is in a single glide, then there's a tileset in Jupiter or Saturn that has a room with a huge venting thing that keeps you afloat. So all you need to do is jump on the vent and get those headshots while it keeps you floating up and down.

Damn it was a challenge that needed above 30 level enemies and i had to kill them with headshots while air gliding or something like that, the only way i could do it was Limbo as far as i remember. Anyway, i confused you a lot. Thanks for the tips!

10 minutes ago, StamFFS said:

I actually meant the challenge where you have to kill 15 enemies in a single slide, my mistake. But how i do this without Limbo? Hmm now that i am thinking it... maybe ember?

Prowl, Noise arrow, Sleep, then just shoot at the crowd while sliding.  Arca Plasmor, Lenz, or any multiple enemy killing weapon will work.  

Cake walk.  

4 minutes ago, StamFFS said:

There is no challenge to kill 15 enemies in a single slide. The only challenges in which you have to kill enemies in a row to count are the 3 headshots in a single glide or the 10+ enemies in a row while wall dashing/jumping without touching the floor. The first one is still done with CC and 3 headshots are fairly easy. The second one can be easily done with Ember on a survival map, activating 4 and jumping on the same wall nonstop letting enemies come to you, as long as you dont touch the floor, or you can latch to the wall and shoot the enemies with aoe weapons, aiming while latching, again, as long as you dont touch the floor.

2 minutes ago, StamFFS said:

Damn it was a challenge that needed above 30 level enemies and i had to kill them with headshots while air gliding or something like that, the only way i could do it was Limbo as far as i remember. Anyway, i confused you a lot. Thanks for the tips! 

According to wiki, there's only ONE challenge with "headshots in a single GLIDE", but it's just three headshots... anything else, be it on glide or slide, doesn't need to be done in a single maneuver, except for that wall dashing/latching one.

But, yeah, it can be easily misunderstood/misread.

1 minute ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

According to wiki, there's only ONE challenge with "headshots in a single GLIDE", but it's just three headshots... anything else, be it on glide or slide, doesn't need to be done in a single maneuver, except for that wall dashing/latching one.

But, yeah, it can be easily misunderstood/misread.

Then it must've been the one with the 3 headshots while gliding and wow i had no idea that it doesn't need to be done in a single maneuver... lol i feel like an idiot :d

Feels like I'm just shouting into the wind right now, but Limbo's teammates not being able to interact with things while in the rift is a major part of the problem. Not killing things easily is one thing, literally not being able to do the mission is another.

It's not a common thing, nor a thing most Limbo players (including myself) would do (intentionally, we've always placed a bubble too early at least once), but it's a thing that is done and is a problem.

Titania's Guns: I love it! Bear in mind to have the crit stats account for Primed Target Cracker and Primed Pistol Gambit.

Limbo Stuff: I love it! I use limbo at times, and getting actively yelled at for daring to use the abilities of my frame was very tiring. I definitely do not think that my builds will have trouble accomodating for the 15 second duration of stasis, due to the powerful energy economy that Limbo has.It's always felt odd to me, having SO much regenerating energy and almost nothing to spend it on... so this should be fun to toy with.

Summary: STOP! Hammer Time.

Do you mean the "headshots in midair" one? Vauban and Zephyr still work for that, with Zephyr's hover being useful. Also the air vents on Jupiter, to a limited degree.
Yeah it will be slightly more annoying, but I'd rather have that then the frame as a whole just having people abort mission simply for me being there.

I don't understand why the duration nerf on Stasis is necessary if you're already letting teammates shoot guns during the ability. It also no longer matches cataclysm duration, which is annoying.

You're just making stasis more annoying to use without actually reducing its power. So why do it?

6 minutes ago, Yuni_Hermit said:

Zephyr still work for that, with Zephyr's hover being useful. 

This is basically going to be the only way to consistantly do it now. Go to the Plains, turn on turbulence, go with a max duration build, and float as long as you can. hope your aim is good with a sniper lol

4 minutes ago, Domrond said:

I don't understand why the duration nerf on Stasis is necessary if you're already letting teammates shoot guns during the ability. It also no longer matches cataclysm duration, which is annoying.

You're just making stasis more annoying to use without actually reducing its power. So why do it?

Its called balance, you improve 1 area you make 1 thing poorer.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Its called balance, you improve 1 area you make 1 thing poorer.

Balance is adding, removing, and or tweaking things until it's balanced. It's not just "Take one thing away and remove another", because that implies that it's already balanced. You only take one thing away and remove another when it is balanced and you want to keep it balanced. The fact that Limbo is being changed at all should show that it's not balanced.

21 hours ago, robbybe01234 said:

Well, as too many have said about Ember's WoF, "Just recast it."  pfffffff

That aside, the picture I'm seeing here is allies can shoot frozen enemies from the safety of an invincible to damage bubble?  Why would I ever need to use another defensive frame? Ever.

Even with that. I would be fine if that happens, but it getting reverted.
Limbo doesn't need to have that. Infact, it almost seems like a massive buff to his stasis, because you can pretty much be even more invincible like that.
As it is now, you still have to unfreeze time or leave the rift to deal damage, which would still put you in danger, which the change would negate.
And Ember was balanced, not changed so the community gets what they wanted, just because they either don't get Limbo or too many people either mess up or start trolling.

6 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Alright, 53.4 seconds from a 30 second base. That's 178% ability duration. So 15 times 178%, you have 26.7 duration now, or will when the update goes live. You don't chop 15 seconds off at the end, you chop it off and then calculate duration properly.

ah ok math isnt my strong suit for what i do with limbo i normally is done within 10-15 seconds lining up bullets and letting it go so i might get it done faster and at a 50 energy cost i have no problem recasting it i could make the build better but ill save that step fro when i get limbo prime to sit down and make a better build that isn't just hobbled together cheers for the math correction i felt like something was wrong 

Archived