Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I never liked the Lotus, give new guide

Dr_Wonderful

can we get a rick and morty guide instead? nothing against female guides, I wouldn't complain if it were kela de thaym guiding me or vay hek cause i like their personality. I would pay a large amount of plat if we can get a rick and morty guide to replace the lotus though or at least someone with personality 

There are so many reasons why that can't happen, both legally and lore wise. While I do agree that we should be able to get a new guide due to spoiler reasons, this is most certainly not the way to go about it. At least give us Ordis or Darvo, or hell even Maroo or Teshin, as they've all been our handler before so I'm sure there's some voice lines DE can salvage there

11 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

I don't know about a "Rick and Morty guide", but if The Sacrifice is anything to go by, then we might not be keeping the Lotus for much longer...

Yeah, we will. We'll have to put up with the ugly holographic purple Lotus. I don't think DE's willing to give us a new guide.

4 hours ago, Dr_Wonderful said:

can we get a rick and morty guide instead? nothing against female guides, I wouldn't complain if it were kela de thaym guiding me or vay hek cause i like their personality. I would pay a large amount of plat if we can get a rick and morty guide to replace the lotus though or at least someone with personality 

Dat....dat azz 😞

12 hours ago, Dr_Wonderful said:

can we get a rick and morty guide instead? 

ahem

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

I'm sorry. But it had to be done.

Oh and good luck with that co-- This post has been copyrighted for saying .

Remember guys anything is possible given enough community pressure to DE, this probably has a higher chance than most of you guys think, LOW but possible. I really do hope we get an excuse to ditch the lotus in the next quest line. 

Rick and Morty is a long shot, but I REALLY want a new guide just make him fun and distinct

I've always been of the opinion that the Lotus should not be a guide except during quests. She is one of the most important figures in the system, making it implausible that she can guide every tenno simultaneously.  I would much rather Ordis take over as navigator during regular missions.

2 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

I've always said a game as ongoing as warframe or any ongoing game should have Rng on large pool to choose from so u dont the run into eardrum  repeating dialogs. Saying the same in a different manner? I swear I can hear those quips in my sleep😣

This is true. Laziness boggs down this game. All she does is repeat the same tired, monophonic dialogue without any updates to your skill, level or capacity to complete the mission type.

Would be so cool if i did an extermination or sabotage and she just says, “alright tenno, you know what to do.”

18 hours ago, Northern_Psycho said:

I'm just imagining Rick on the left side of your screen like: Tenno... uh, th-theres like this... F****ing squad of dudes comin' for ya
*Disconnects*

*Reconnects* "Oh... yeah, i-its... its the Grineer... By the way.

"Yeah just uh... *burps* jam the fuel back in it'll take care of itself... yeah it's exploding."

"Careful with the formorian core, unless you wanna see... like... what a whole planet looks like when its in pieces."

Personally my favourite guides ever have been Glados or the voice over for bastion. The type that make sarcastic or obvious thing is obvious comments when you do things or screw up.  Not really the pre-warn type.  

"It's a good thing I sent teammates in with you.  You know, so they can see how good you are at falling into holes"