Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to vote kick players

KamikazeKamanzi

Recruitment chat exists for the reason of making a non-random team. Use it. Consider situations like these:

• Using Inaros instead of Rhino in The Index.
  • My first Eidolon hunt experience was being called a leech. At that time I didn't know much. I was ashamed. But how am I supposed to know what to do without actually playing for that first time? And how else can I upgrade my amp besides "ruining" many eidolon hunts? Ruining as in: make others capture fewer than theoretically possible in the same night.
  • Excavation. I couldn't get into an endless as a volt. Snow Globe was needed. Even though Volt's shield has infinite health and I can keep 2 excavators surrounded. Nope. Volt only goes fast. Need Frost.
  • Playing Nekros for anything other than Desecrate. Sometimes even for pressing 4
  • Existing as Limbo
  • A public spy sortie

Players being forced to play until finish with the team composition they randomly got was the best thing that nobody thought happened. It made some people care for others.

People sabotaging the Sanctuary Onslaught after wave 8 got so normal, it's not even considered bad. Trying to keep the squad playing on 'til you fail would make you look bad. And people are used to it. It's convenient and peolpe like it. When the game rewards you more for giving up, that's just bad game design.
Stick with your handicapped squadmate. Help them out. It's not like the game punishes you for failing.
Support the guy who went into the Wave 10 portal.

If vote-kick got implemented, the game would get toxic. Please use recruitment chat before needing to kick.

P.S.: You can always leave and invite the good players back. Less of a douchebag move than kicking.

Edit:

3 hours ago, ARKANOiiDe said:

So hmmmmmm i was thinking about it and i came up with 2 solutions

1. Automated kick from game session for afk`ers. After 3 minutes of afk`ing user is given a warning from system, after 2 more he is removed from session. Also after many of such instances DE personally could issue warnings for such players.

2. For eidolons, Teralyst bounty - ony for people with a crafted AMP. Mote AMP = system doesnt allow you to queue for the bounty. It takes like no work to get at least a 1-1-1 AMP by killing Voms, and newbies can actually LEARN what a Vom is, ive seen people in bounties that didnt even know what they are and how to kill them. As for Tridolon bounty - they only become available if a player completed a minimum of 10 Teralyst bounties, so they have an idea what is going on. 

1 is fine. Especially for endless missions. We could use getting a replacement player somehow even after the enemies get to lvl60

2 - No. A team of 4 Mote amps can kill a Teralyst. It's designed for that. With an upgraded amp you don't even need 4 people anymore. TEACH people what a Vom is. Or use recruit chat before the bounty. So far, I have 2 failed runs, but at least 5 more people know how to do it next time because of that. That's not a fail in my eyes.
Tridolon bounty should require a single Teralyst capture with 4 lures, not 10 Teralyst bounties.

Edited by Uthael

22 minutes ago, Uthael said:

2 - No. A team of 4 Mote amps can kill a Teralyst. It's designed for that. With an upgraded amp you don't even need 4 people anymore. TEACH people what a Vom is. Or use recruit chat before the bounty. So far, I have 2 failed runs, but at least 5 more people know how to do it next time because of that. That's not a fail in my eyes.
Tridolon bounty should require a single Teralyst capture with 4 lures, not 10 Teralyst bounties.

This. Teralyst is the starter Eidolon. It's designed to be a Challenge for Mote Amps & Tier 1 Amps.
It's also designed the be the "Farm Eidolon" so players can rank up, craft, & etc new Amps & Operator Arcanes.
This is why NO Focus Nodes require Radiant Eidolon Shards.
Ranking up with the Quills requires Eidolon Shards in fact.

If players get locked out Teralyst Hunts then they LITERALLY cannot progress.

^ i can agree, that forcing players to craft T1 AMP for Terry bounty is a bit harsh, but if you just want to practice with Mote AMP you can just join free roam and have a go at it with other randoms/create a group. As i said ranking up Quills and crafting a T1 Amp is like 1-2 nights of killing Voms. So its not stopping your pgrogress. The main problem i see are people just skipping the Quills Standing/Crafting an actual AMP, and go straight to Tridolon bounties with their Motes after doing a succesful Terry capture. And its the reason why topics like this get created. "I get matched up with people with Mote Amps for Hydrolyst, they do no damage/leech". There should be some requirement for a Tricap, Sorties are not available for fresh MR0 players with MK1 Bratons either ;]

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

-snip-

While this would be a better system...the problem becomes how strict it would have to be.
It would have to be strict enough to avoid frivolous kicks (such as a kick at wave 5/10/whatever of an endless fissure to cause the kicked person to lose all of their prime parts they earned, and please don't bring up the "oh but they wouldn't lose rewards...." because with the state of host migration and everything else it would be nearly guaranteed to cause the kicked person to lose all of their rewards), but then again if its that strict good luck actually catching someone as "trolling" because it would be way too easy to say just on the side of un-kickable.

The system I suggested would only activate when criteria were met, not simply "hur dur I don't like you"

Players can be AFK/Leeching and still be doing stuff, comes to mind players with AOE abilities like world on fire that place themselves on top of the defense terminal and bounties, where players receive rewards and rep without actually participating in the bounties.

Why kick and disable rewards when you can warn and ban the players doing so? Just report them via support like always and the results are quick.

Some players will even quit the match when they see you again, beause they know with you 1 more report means a ban.

There are lot's of players who think nothing will happen, similar to the ones that speak about nezha in chat to see if something will happen and then they come to the forums to complain, same thing happens with afk players.

Trust me, the gameplay they often have is dreadfull so don't worry, the community won't lose much

15 hours ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

I feel as if this option is long overdo but I need this in my life and would like some feedback. There are times where myself and others are doing an objective like Eidolon hunting or doing sorties and there will be a player who decides to do nothing or go off to fish or mine ores while we do everything else. During eidolon fights they usually wait until we're finished and then come swoop in to take the loot. I know some of you are thinking to just abort and start over but sometimes we do not notice until it's too late. Coming across afk players or uncooperative ones are a bit of a pain and I do not like the idea of doing work for those that are not contributing. New players usually come in runs and say off the bat "I don't know what to do" for eidolon runs or kuva siphons and that is perfectly fine because I enjoy helping out new players. It's just the ones that are lazy and enjoy trolling are not needed. I guess the problem that could occur is that people will abuse the system by kicking out players that have low MR before they even get a chance to play. I see that being a thing in sorties and especially eidolon hunting so I guess it could backfire. I just want to see where everyone else stands on the option.

On balance, I am against kick-voting because the people who use it are, in my experience, the very same people who leech and troll, so it's the decent players who end-up losing out.

There doesn't appear to be an easy solution. DE logs information as we play and could correlate those data with known/reported leechers and trolls and use this to train a predictive data solution that can then identify players who have a play-style with the characteristics of a leecher or troll. There would have to be a significant number of known leechers and trolls, though, to permit the training and I suspect this isn't the case. What would happen to anyone identified would then be down to DE's systems or people. The catch is, though, that such machine learning systems aren't fool-proof and could kick people who were not, in fact, annoying others.

Edited by Am0rph15

15 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Players can be AFK/Leeching and still be doing stuff, comes to mind players with AOE abilities like world on fire that place themselves on top of the defense terminal and bounties, where players receive rewards and rep without actually participating in the bounties.

Why kick and disable rewards when you can warn and ban the players doing so? Just report them via support like always and the results are quick.

Some players will even quit the match when they see you again, beause they know with you 1 more report means a ban.

There are lot's of players who think nothing will happen, similar to the ones that speak about nezha in chat to see if something will happen and then they come to the forums to complain, same thing happens with afk players.

Trust me, the gameplay they often have is dreadfull so don't worry, the community won't lose much

I personally don't mind that kind of AFK playing, they're still helping the team.  Everyone is still getting loot and xp, they aren't dragging down the team, and with WoF specifically, the ability continues even while bleeding out. 

That kind of AFK tends to lead to some rather hilarious conversations and screenshot opportunities, because everyone has some breathing room. 

But when it's some underpowered nooblette (not to be confused with a newblette) who finds a rafter or ceiling to make out with, yeah, no, that's BS.

Well I seem to come across many players who like to halt our mission progress. People who purposefully take the mobile datamass with the intent of never inserting it in the terminal or people who hack a Grineer terminal that needs to be hacked to progress and they never finish hacking it. Maybe vote kick would be useful for those situations.

I disagree for a few reasons.

1) This would be abused and used as a trolling method.

2) The problems you're describing usually happen when you queue into the free roam. I rarely have this happen when I go to Cetus and queue up the hunt from the bounty board. Try doing that if you're not already but if you are...

3) Warframes and Operators can become very powerful. You don't really need all 4 players to help. In fact, most of the time you have people being just as useless when they try to help and might be better off fishing. Eidolons really just need a 1 guy with a radiation modded sniper rifle and another guy with a decked out Operator and amp. I think getting a group without those 2 things is a more valid reason to leave than leachers and fishers.

Yes, I am ok with vote kick, but only if the kicked player is forced into "Leave Squad" that keeps all players in game as seen in plains of eidolon. This keeps all players a chance to finish the mission.

Fun fact if you are the host you don't even need a vote kick option. Just a way to to track incoming connections so you can block them off which will force them to disconnect form your group. It will either a. fail the mission for them and kick them back into orbiter or b. create a session for them where they are running the mission solo.

Whenever people want to leave at bitesize times in survive i always pull my ethernet out for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Rather continue on alone that be kicked off the mission.

On 2018-07-11 at 7:44 AM, MagPrime said:

The system I suggested would only activate when criteria were met, not simply "hur dur I don't like you"

And if you had actually read what I posted you would see that I even said:

On 2018-07-11 at 6:03 AM, Tsukinoki said:

While this would be a better system...the problem becomes how strict it would have to be.

I fully agree that your system would be better than a simple vote kick but that with how strict it would be, it would also essentially neuter its effectiveness because of how easy it would be to stay just barely on the side of unkickable.

Sure you're suggested system would be harder to abuse...but it would be kinda useless at the same time.
It would roughly be as effective as the current AFK timer.

And I was mainly focusing on that fact.
That a kick system would either be too easy to abuse...or strict enough to avoid abuse but by that same token be made next to useless with how strict it would have to be.

I will always contribute a...

+1

...to any thread asking for a Vote Kick mechanic.  The pros outweigh any of the same cons you read ad nauseum, and likely would single-handedly disincentivize the wide-spread afk leeching in this game.  "But but but, it may hurt people feewlings!"  "But but but, it may be abused by elitists!" Almost every blockbuster modern multiplayer game has a Vote Kick mechanic.  It is a standard feature in 2018.  The only people who complain about it in those games are people who don't want to contribute enough work into the group.  

25 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

I will always contribute a...

+1

...to any thread asking for a Vote Kick mechanic.  The pros outweigh any of the same cons you read ad nauseum, and likely would single-handedly disincentivize the wide-spread afk leeching in this game.  "But but but, it may hurt people feewlings!"  "But but but, it may be abused by elitists!" Almost every blockbuster modern multiplayer game has a Vote Kick mechanic.  It is a standard feature in 2018.  The only people who complain about it in those games are people who don't want to contribute enough work into the group.  

Which does not mean every game should/will have one. 

Running with friends and clannies is best. Or solo if you just want to get the mission done and over.

After a time, most of us don't care about what others are doing when we go public. We enter into public with the expectation that we will not get support from the others in the squad, and will basically be doing all the work to obtain a successful mission. That way, any help at all is a pleasant surprise.

I'll just leave a mission if there's an AFKer now. No detrimental effects for doing so other than a bit of time lost (though it's fairly easy to spot as they tend to go AFK at the start for some dumb reason).

As for the (dead horse) idea of vote-kicking.....No.

No matter how you implement it, it would just become a tool for trolls to use to be even more annoying. No system will be perfect and the devs would wind up chasing the dragon trying to patch the system. I'd rather they fix bugs and make new content.

18 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

After a time, most of us don't care about what others are doing when we go public. 

Just because you have become complacent, does not mean all others will or should. If you are so "unbothered" by those who afk, you should be equally "unbothered" by those requesting a vote kick system. Though, as we all know, you chimed in on this thread, so you are obviously not as laissez faire as you trying to claim. 

I've been playing online games for over 15 years. I hated leechers when I started, and I hate leechers even more now. They are scum who want to get rewards from other people's worked time.

Name a single online game that has a measurable widespread problem with a vote kick system being abused. If you can't supply one piece of formal evidence that there existed a problem, then your argument against said feature is purely anecdotal and worthless. Just one article in a major gaming publication about vote kick systems which isn't an opinion piece. I challenge you to find one. 

Edited by AlMcFly

1 minute ago, AlMcFly said:

Just because you have become complacent, does not mean all others will or should. If you are so "unbothered" by those who afk, you should be equally "unbothered" by those requesting a vote kick system. Though, as we all know, you chimed in on this thread, so you are obviously not as laissez faire as you trying to claim. 

Name a single online game that has a measurable widespread problem with a vote kick system being abused. If you can't supply one piece of formal evidence that there existed a problem, then your argument is purely anecdotal and worthless. Just one article in a major gaming publication about vote kick systems which isn't an opinion piece. I challenge you to find one. 

I chimed in because this is an old, rehashed topic. Also, if you think not a single online game has problems with vote-kick, then you need to do more research. I'm not doing it for you, regardless of any "challenge". If you wish to take that as my opinion is "worthless", so be it.

Lastly, if you actually want to get such a system in place, come up with as detailed an idea as you can, and then put it in FEEDBACK, since devs don't read General much and things just go to pot here anyway.