The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

its 07.2018 and focus is still awful

WarmongerExtraordinare

we're at focus 2.0 and all but still its SO HARD TO FARM it that a ton of people dont even want to start to bother with it. im a mr25 vet myself, mastered over 400 pieces of in-game equipment, and the only thing that im missing is focus. the completionist inside me is yearning to do something with it, and yet i cant bring myself to it cause it takes ages / incredibly specific builds in incredibly specific environments to get decent amounts of it, and you pretty much must have an active booster to max out your daily cap. some people will tell me things like "yea uh its just another resource you should be used to farming those by now being at mastery 25", but focus is NOT a resource - its just AFFINITY which is reduced beyond any comprehension. its highest time for de to easen it up already. its not even a system that would you gigantic advantage. right now for a lot people as i said its a system which is almost non-existant.

? Its actually super easy if you just do onslaught lol. Go do a few eidolon hunts and turn in the Shards then if its so tedious for you. Its fine as it is, they'll prob raise the daily cap here and there but just slap some eidolon lenses on your farmer, its fairly easy with them. And as you said, you dont really need it so why so angry? Just do it casually here and there, whats the big deal seriously.

4 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Elite Sanctuary Onslaugh: 375000 a day

Eidolon hunts: Lots of shards unaffected by daily cap

There are lots of things where u can farm them easily. The ones before you had it way harder of getting enough focus.

Exactly. Only way was cheesing in Adaro before Elite Ons and Eidolons were a thing.

Edited by Aeon94

Цитата

we're at focus 2.0 and all but still its SO HARD TO FARM it that a ton of people dont even want to start to bother with it. im a mr25 vet myself,

oh-really-thats-cute.jpg

You have WAY more options now than ever, back when the most used way was Draco yeah that was hard as ****. You'd sit like 4 rounds of this resident sleeper activity trying not to lose you freaking mind.

Now between stealth farm, ESO or SO and Eidolons it's nothing. Not worse than any other framing.

Цитата

Exactly. Only way was cheesing in Adaro before Elite Ons and Eidolons.

Not even close. The easiest but most boring was Bere. Still many did it, some still do.

Edited by -Temp0-

problem is they have to balance such system against the extreme grinders and min/maxers, people playing normally get maybe 20-30k focus a day, those who min/max with stealth kill equinox S#&$ or play the highest level content reach the cap within like an hour

1 минуту назад, cghawk сказал:

problem is they have to balance such system against the extreme grinders and min/maxers, people playing normally get maybe 20-30k focus a day, those who min/max with stealth kill equinox S#&$ or play the highest level content reach the cap within like an hour

An hour for this crp is still bs actually.

Although I've no idea if it's correct numbers or not, thankfully it's long since I don't farm it.

Just now, cghawk said:

20k? that's what you get in like 1 stage of Elite Onslaught. So unless "normal people" only play on mercury 5 wave defense and get out to eat lunch, then you have to really check what you are doing to get that focus.

Focus is easy to farm no different from anything in the game. Its just upto you to do it. Its now easier than ever. I did it during the time adaro and normal teras were the only thing. Only finnished the little bit i had when tridolons became a thing.

21 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Elite Sanctuary Onslaugh: 375000 a day

Eidolon hunts: Lots of shards unaffected by daily cap

There are lots of things where u can farm them easily. The ones before you had it way harder of getting enough focus.

Easy doesn't necessarily make it 'fun'. 

Being 'forced' into essentially 2 things to get focus at any decent rate just shows how bad focus gain is on 'normal maps' and really needs something done to improve it. 

Focus gain is far from perfect right now, but it's workable—you don't have to spend all day grinding it, and when you do grind it you're not just standing on a box pressing a button over and over. The focus gain rework that has been discussed, where you basically get a short-term focus booster when you first login and gains slowly taper off over time as you play, will I think put focus gain in maybe the best possible place—you can grind as much as you want, but doing the minimum won't put you too, too far behind someone who grinds their face off.

tldr; you're an MR25 "vet" and you don't bother with focus because it's too much of a grind that also requires specific builds. 

Focus farming had become WAY easier ever since Shrine of the Eidolon update. You can easily get as much as your cap (since shards don't account to your daily cap) in ONE night. (50 minutes)

Don't like Eidolons? Go to Elite Sanctuary Onslaught with a group as ANY frame and the killers will give you tons of focus. (Maybe 1 hour as dps)

Can't handle ESO? Go to Adaro balience(silence banshee)/sleepquinox with a half decent melee and you can cap in 30 minutes. (30 minutes)

Hate Adaro? Go to hydron with ANY good dps and start killing. (1:30 hours)

Edited by Exitsignn

39 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Focus gain is far from perfect right now, but it's workable—you don't have to spend all day grinding it, and when you do grind it you're not just standing on a box pressing a button over and over. The focus gain rework that has been discussed, where you basically get a short-term focus booster when you first login and gains slowly taper off over time as you play, will I think put focus gain in maybe the best possible place—you can grind as much as you want, but doing the minimum won't put you too, too far behind someone who grinds their face off.

I think the problem is that currently there is no catchup mechanic for new or returning players. Focus is strictly a long grind unless you are doing very specific content (which is basically endgame).

So yes, I think Focus needs to be improved as either you are grinding the correct content and hitting your caps OR you are gaining a pittance from doing anything else. Seriously, can anyone claim to get even a fraction of their focus cap from doing normal content? Heck no. So something needs to change to promote the focus system to all players.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Seriously, can anyone claim to get even a fraction of their focus cap from doing normal content? Heck no.

Yeah that, right there, is the real holy grail. Grinding focus should be something you only have to do if you are really, really focused on focus. The bulk of your focus should be acquirable doing normal gameplay.

1 hour ago, ReinAxefury said:

20k? that's what you get in like 1 stage of Elite Onslaught. So unless "normal people" only play on mercury 5 wave defense and get out to eat lunch, then you have to really check what you are doing to get that focus.

I never play onslaught as none of the rewards matter to me, I just play the sorties and random mission on the star chart and by doing that I get maybe 30k focus a day

Since the beginning I did the Adaro route with Loki.  It was fun, do people actually dislike Exterminate even?  ~40k focus every 6 minutes.  The key here is to craft and put high-tier lenses on your favorite weapons and frames.

We had only 250k daily cap (no MR scaling was added yet), no Eidolon shards, no Onslaught. All these additions ARE the catch-up for newer players.  They will max their schools in less time than the first focus farmers did.

Do not take "easy" routes if you dislike them. Stick with what you enjoy and figure out a way to use it to your advantage for focus gain. If you can't figure out how, then just ask.

And if you get an affinity booster from login reward, Baro, sorties or rare crates, use that moment to farm focus immediately since focus gain is tied to affinity gain. It cuts your farming time in half. It reduced my -40minutes to 20min to farm daily focus max.

Learn how to efficiently earn focus. There are so many guides on youtube to achieve capping on your daily focus. If you think that focus should be easily attained, it most certainly is. You just have to find the right way of receiving it. One tridolon hunt can get you around 100k+ in focus. If the plains is not your thing ESO is the go to. If you can't handle that either, then head over to some exterminate missions and do stealth kills or Hydron, Sedna. The options are vast but you have to put in some time for it. Focus is also for min/max stuff so it should be harder to earn in my opinion. Casual players aren't going to need a majority of the things from it so I'm sure they don't really care.

1 hour ago, cghawk said:

I never play onslaught as none of the rewards matter to me, I just play the sorties and random mission on the star chart and by doing that I get maybe 30k focus a day

Then just go do random missions, do an endless, by doing fissures you get a booster that keeps scalling up to 200%. It doesn't matter really where you play or what you do as long as you get tons of affinity, ESO or Adaro and Hydron are just meta since its easy and fast, if you want to take more time or do other stuff that's your problem.

Hmm, I for example only started playing 1 year 2 months ago and for first six months of playing didn't bother with focus or PoE at all... so yea it took time, around six months (or maybe a bit less) to max every focus tree which is quite a lot of grind but considering that many people play for years more than I have it doesn't feel impossible at all and gives something to work towards.

Besides despite what some players say maxed out operator is very powerful and all schools can be useful in different situations so it is quite worth it in my opinion.

8 hours ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

Learn how to efficiently earn focus. There are so many guides on youtube to achieve capping on your daily focus. If you think that focus should be easily attained, it most certainly is. You just have to find the right way of receiving it. One tridolon hunt can get you around 100k+ in focus. If the plains is not your thing ESO is the go to. If you can't handle that either, then head over to some exterminate missions and do stealth kills or Hydron, Sedna. The options are vast but you have to put in some time for it. Focus is also for min/max stuff so it should be harder to earn in my opinion. Casual players aren't going to need a majority of the things from it so I'm sure they don't really care.

You do realize that what you are describing is a huge weakness of the current system, right? I mean you say it's easy to attain and them list very specific scenarios that players must complete in order to do it efficiently. The entire system is flawed because it is based on affinity gain. But what if it was based on mission completions as well?

Now players could gain focus, albeit at a slower rate than grinding efficiently, just from playing any and all content in the game. DE could even implement a rested-style bonus that ends at 125,000 (50% of the base focus daily cap) so that it was less than half as efficient to from focus this way. Then again, given how some players play for fun this would be a great solution as they could play how they want and still be progressing towards a goal whole the power grinders could do it in far less time. It's a win-win with casual players actual feeling like they ate making progress (and they would still have to farm/upgrade lenses).

12 hours ago, PhantomThiefOfHearts said:

we're at focus 2.0 and all but still its SO HARD TO FARM it that a ton of people dont even want to start to bother with it. im a mr25 vet myself, mastered over 400 pieces of in-game equipment, and the only thing that im missing is focus. the completionist inside me is yearning to do something with it, and yet i cant bring myself to it cause it takes ages / incredibly specific builds in incredibly specific environments to get decent amounts of it, and you pretty much must have an active booster to max out your daily cap. some people will tell me things like "yea uh its just another resource you should be used to farming those by now being at mastery 25", but focus is NOT a resource - its just AFFINITY which is reduced beyond any comprehension. its highest time for de to easen it up already. its not even a system that would you gigantic advantage. right now for a lot people as i said its a system which is almost non-existant.

The question that I should ask is 07.2018 and there are still players farming for focus?