Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hope we never get Chroma Prime.

(PSN)Miriromi

Now hold on! Hear me out. I'm not saying we shouldn't get an Orokin style Chroma, I'm saying Chroma PRIME would be an odd choice to me.

Chroma Umbra, would be better. When we do Chroma's quest they are acting on their own like Umbra did. There was no Tenno, Simaris would have noticed Sentient tinkering I'm sure, and I highly doubt infested was involved.

So what if nothing was controlling Chroma except themselves? I think that would be the case. In fact I'm surprised we can't have Chroma act without our transference like Umbra does.

Thoughts?

Well, lore-wise I said the same thing about Valkyr Prime.

And there’s no going back on retconning Valkyr, Valkyr Prime, and Gersemi.

Have fun explaining Chroma Prime, but I feel that The Sacrifice questline already explains what Prime warframes are and future Primes in the making.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

First off: clickbait

second off: they proved that primes aren’t 100% lire friends with Valkyr prime. So no matter what their origins we’re getting an prominence styled prime for every frame

How is it clickbait if the post contains the title as a topic? I don't think Prime would have been appropriate, explained my reasoning, and provided my alternative. Clickbait is discussing something unrelated to get attention.

That aside: Then just make Chroma Umbra. Umbra may not be a 'prime' in the traditional sense but gold doesn't lie. The only thing Umbra didn't get was Death Orb Energy.

They're prime'ing warframes in relative chronological order.  The next three in line are Mesa, Chroma and Equinox, but they're likely to release Chroma next since they've since switched from male-female-male-female to male-male-female-female-male-male-female-female.

*puts the Lex away after reading the whole post* 

You get to live... for now.

Back on topic, Chroma will be the next Prime, Rebbeca already confirmed it as for the Umbra version? I rather have Loki honestly but that's because Loki is my favorite and because the devs already said that not all frames will get Umbra variants soooo... that means that only a limited number of them will be selected for the Umbra variants so of course everyone will want THEIR favorite to end up as an Umbra. Mind you, can't blame people for wanting that. Everyone wants their favorite to be turned into an Umbra.

Second Dream and Sacrifice spoilers below.

Spoiler

Also... isn't it pretty much confirmed by Ballas that all of the frames turned on them from the very beginning and that they were failures? That was before the Zariman kids started to use Transferance on them. We can read how Rhino Prime when on a rampage in his bio, he wasn't controlled at the time. That was before the Operators took control so basically Chroma moving around isn't all that special... heck, in the second dream whichever frame we pick will destroy Shadow Stalker's sword by their own accord from the looks of it.

Edited by Elanair

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Miriromi said:

How is it clickbait if the post contains the title as a topic? I don't think Prime would have been appropriate, explained my reasoning, and provided my alternative. Clickbait is discussing something unrelated to get attention.

That aside: Then just make Chroma Umbra. Umbra may not be a 'prime' in the traditional sense but gold doesn't lie. The only thing Umbra didn't get was Death Orb Energy.

Those who clickbait would never admit to their own clickbait

also considering the differences between Umbra a and primes. They wouldn’t put an Umbra in for a prime access. 

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

Eh, warframe's lore has always been vague, so much that anything can go. Even valkyr's/chroma's/mirage's lore can still be intact with them having a prime if you'd just theorize about it enough. 

Was thw valkyr alad took gresemi or a prime? Chroma hasn't been seen in ages but who's to say the vanilla was the one lotus was talking about? And so on.

That's also you know, assuming that "normal" frames and primes didn't both serve in the Orokin era. Really they had to, otherwise wouldn't we wake up from cryo in a prime frame? Really I see nothing stopping a Chroma prime.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Miriromi said:

Now hold on! Hear me out. I'm not saying we shouldn't get an Orokin style Chroma, I'm saying Chroma PRIME would be an odd choice to me.

Chroma Umbra, would be better. When we do Chroma's quest they are acting on their own like Umbra did. There was no Tenno, Simaris would have noticed Sentient tinkering I'm sure, and I highly doubt infested was involved.

So what if nothing was controlling Chroma except themselves? I think that would be the case. In fact I'm surprised we can't have Chroma act without our transference like Umbra does.

Thoughts?

You missed the Mirage train, bud. The Primes broke the lore barrier with her. So Chroma is expected now. And I believe (at least while we don't get a pattern or official info) that Chroma may get an Umbra. I think either all will have (highly unlikely imo), or a select few frames will. These sentient-fighting frames would have to fill-in several roles, like stealth, tank, cc, healer, buffer, ecc. 

Just now, (PS4)zXz-Subzer0-zXz said:

This is true, but everyone knows Mesa Prime will bring break the bank.

Soon.....

I try to buy the Prime Acessory Pack every once in a while. I have stopped buying in the last prime releases because I'm saving money because next year I'll be studying abroad. However Mesa's Prime Pack's accessories won't tak a pass. I'll open an exception for her, hoping she comes around Xmas after Chroma.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I try to buy the Prime Acessory Pack every once in a while. I have stopped buying in the last prime releases because I'm saving money because next year I'll be studying abroad. However Mesa's Prime Pack's accessories won't tak a pass. I'll open an exception for her, hoping she comes around Xmas after Chroma.

Pretty sure its gonna be Mesa and Chroma back to back Prime Access which will be an epic 6 months for the bottom line. I'd prefer Mesa first, but either way these two primes are gonna be great. (Mesa better have a sweet poncho or duster as a sayandana or I riot)