Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more Rift sigil awe

WarrXIII

I got mine a long time ago and almost never equipped it) It looks nice of course, but... nothing mindblowing.

And there are still people who missed this event or completely new players who dont have it...

Who knows, maybe next rift sigil tactical alert will only appear few years later.

I like this kind of things and understad what you are saying, but rift sigil is not that big deal in my opinion.

Edited by SlicerGT

I'm unworthy because I didn't even know about this game that far back ago.

Nice.

How dare I show up and dilute your sense of accomplishment by acquiring a meaningless splatter of pixels on your Warframe's chest, a regalia that I didn't even know existed until this event.

Do you actually think anyone has the time to evaluate the fashionframe of every person they see and start making judgments? 

Edited by Xaxma

23 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

Do you actually think anyone has the time to evaluate the fashionframe of every person they see and start making judgments? 

Yean, over my whole time in Warframe, I think there has only ever been one instance where anyones fashionframe has ever caught my eye and it wasn't the Rift Sigil. Hell people are lucky if I even notice what frame they brought to a mission.

I didn't even know the Rift Sigil was a thing until this Alert popped up 😛

Fun fact, it was a Tennobaum Sigil that I actually happened to have but had never actually bothered to do anything with myself.  Which I started to work into my fashion frame, not for the sake of impressing other people but simply because I enjoyed the way it looks. 

Edited by Oreades

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Xaxma:

I'm unworthy because I didn't even know about this game that far back ago.

yes. we both are unworthy, we didnt play Warframe years back because we either didnt hear about it or whatever, you just have to understand that we are just lowly scrub  🙂

(obviously joking here). 

Simple.

De should just have repeated the original mission, the one that players needed to complete the first time to get the reward.:satisfied:

Why, do I say this? 

First I had the glyph, Second I really don't care that everybody has it now.

But De do need to stop handing out everything, if... If they have already made players 'work' for something. That is all.:thinking: 

On a side note. People/Player's commenting: how they cant understand a community that has divergent points of view. Are they aliens? Are they sentient ants/bees?  Lmao:crylaugh:

Mmm that there is a pretty large heap of selfishness. 

As Someone who got the rift sigil fromThe first event I'm glad it's finally come back for other tenno to get again. Having the rift sigil be "exclusive" for what? 2 years, that's plenty of time to feel special and great about yourself. 

Frankly primes chamber should come back too, it's the only event item to never return and there isn't really a good reason for it. 

Founders stuff cannot, there are legally binding promises in place and de would open themselves up to a world of trouble they clearly want to avoid. 

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

Mmm that there is a pretty large heap of selfishness. 

As Someone who got the rift sigil fromThe first event I'm glad it's finally come back for other tenno to get again. Having the rift sigil be "exclusive" for what? 2 years, that's plenty of time to feel special and great about yourself. 

Frankly primes chamber should come back too, it's the only event item to never return and there isn't really a good reason for it. 

Founders stuff cannot, there are legally binding promises in place and de would open themselves up to a world of trouble they clearly want to avoid. 

Im kinda inclined to agree partially with OP. Personally I dont have a problem with bringing items back to players at all.

But Id be pretty salty too if DE, for example, decided to sell the john prodman poster in the market for 1c or something like that considering what it takes to get it to begin with.

I think what OP is trying to say is that items like the rift sigil, in comparison to the original event, is literally being given away with little to no effort required to obtain it.... in turn reducing the value of accomplishment that it used to hold.

I feel like there are other examples as well that have fallen to this "everybody gets a trophy" mentality that has befallen this community over the last 5 years. We should be given the opportunity to earn it again, and not just acquire it because we happen to log on that day.

12 hours ago, WarrXIII said:

This weekend, one of the few items that have any kind of meaning to it has lost its place among the top rarist and meaningful. No longer an awe inspiring symbol for newer players, nor a near unquenchable thirst for older ones.

I invite you to step into the shoes of a pretty new player. (myself, 3 years ago)

My friend and I drop into a Derelict defense with a bored veteran who's kind enough to help us farm for nav coordinates so we can farm Lephantis. Straight away we notice this awesome looking energy tearing through the front and back of his warframe. We asked him what sigil it was and he said: "its the rift sigil, i got it from an old event". This guy became 1000 times more badass because of this sigil. My friend and I were losing our minds over it

As soon as the mission was over we did some research on the sigil and found out that its super rare and the drop chance was either 0.5% or 0.25%, depending on who you believed. We knew that we HAD to get it.

Several months pass and there's another tactical alert. There i am, lurking in the region chat for some unknown reason. When i see someone say that he saw someone mention that thier one friend's clan member did the elevated mission and received the rift sigil at the end of the mission. Its a long stretch, but its worth a shot; so into the recruiting chat i go, where i team up with 2 other rift sigil hungry tenno who saw the same message in the region chat.

Off we go, doing the same spy mission over and over, hoping the rumours are true. 1 hour turns to 4,which turns to 8. We're just about ready to give up and cry ourselves to sleep, when i hear a whisper - "one more mission". We head off on our last attempt, and at the end of the mission we see the rift sigil sitting in our reward table. We then proceed to loose our collective minds for the next 10 minutes and thanking each other in the squad chat, while i go and put the sigil on all of my warframes. To this day, i still have it on every single warframe.

Before this weekend, those lucky enough to own one wore it with immense pride. And those who saw them in their missions knew that the RNGesus was on their side. But now that everyone who showed up for a tactical alert got one, its lost its meaning, and its awe inspiring presence. Its become just another item, instead of the mythical sigil that few own. Whats next? Baro selling primed chamber? Excalibur prime as a quest reward?

Whats the point of having exclusive time based rewards if they're just gonna be given to everyone and their grandmothers a few years down the line?

I think the only way to fix this is to give people who own 2 rift sigils the ability to combine them into one super rift sigil so that they still stand out from all the "unworthy owners", that way there's still some kind of compensation for all their time, effort, and moa's sacrificed to the RNGesus.

Sorry for the long post.

There's nothing to fix. 

3 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Im kinda inclined to agree partially with OP. Personally I dont have a problem with bringing items back to players at all.

But Id be pretty salty too if DE, for example, decided to sell the john prodman poster in the market for 1c or something like that considering what it takes to get it to begin with.

I think what OP is trying to say is that items like the rift sigil, in comparison to the original event, is literally being given away with little to no effort required to obtain it.... in turn reducing the value of accomplishment that it used to hold.

I feel like there are other examples as well that have fallen to this "everybody gets a trophy" mentality that has befallen this community over the last 5 years. We should be given the opportunity to earn it again, and not just acquire it because we happen to log on that day.

Man, if DE wants to make it as a twitch drop or even just have Teshin hand everybody the sigil for free, so freaking be it. It doesn't cost anything. It has ZERO value attached to it. Stop idolizing things that have literally no damn value. It's not a Tennogen piece that DE handed for free without compensating the content creator. It's not a Skana Prime. It's not a prime access cosmetic.

If DE adjusts the drop rates of the Stalker so that its less hard to get or even make it guaranteed stuff like Hate and War will you guys nerd-rage about it too because it was soooooo """"hard"""" for you to get it? I don't think so.

Stop. Crybabying.

I love fashion frame.. but spending 8 hours trying to get a sigil... A SIGIL... dude... That's your problem. With certain chest armor pieces and certain warframe skins... it's barely noticeable. You're complaining about the wrong stuff. Excalibur Prime... Rebecca has already talked about that so don't even complain about that either. I never heard or saw that sigil before this tactical alert... so I never cared about it... So I'm very glad to say that I don't care about "veteran" exclusive items and stuff... it's just ... ridiculous.

16 hours ago, S0thaSil said:

Let's be honest here , you need the nerves of steel to finish the buggy and unnecessarily long event...
if you think I'm an 'unworthy owner' of a sigil that  made me consume 3 cups of coffee in 1 sitting then you're wrong.

PS , I'd farm lephantis any day over repeating this insanely boring event , that's not something special. if you want to show prestige , just run John Prodman.

How long did it take to require 3 cups of coffee? Took all of maybe an hour and half to breeze through it...

Cry some more how hard it was to sit through 5 waves of lv 100 grineer intrception with limbo, loki, banshee, mesa, slova, excal and valkyr avaible at the game. And how its supposed to be something that determines skill. Now if it was no revives lv 1000 maybe Id be some what impressed. But as it was its been just a content of who can sit longer in a chair till his butt will get square. 

Edited by -Temp0-

Agree that Rift Sigil indicated at least some level of competency and, if nothing else, OG status.  But pretty much every source of prestige in WF has watered down over the years; it's become a game about powerleveling where much of the target audience doesn't even really like the game at its core.  

2 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

Man, if DE wants to make it as a twitch drop or even just have Teshin hand everybody the sigil for free, so freaking be it. It doesn't cost anything. It has ZERO value attached to it. Stop idolizing things that have literally no damn value. It's not a Tennogen piece that DE handed for free without compensating the content creator. It's not a Skana Prime. It's not a prime access cosmetic.

If DE adjusts the drop rates of the Stalker so that its less hard to get or even make it guaranteed stuff like Hate and War will you guys nerd-rage about it too because it was soooooo """"hard"""" for you to get it? I don't think so.

Stop. Crybabying.

You are missing the point completely. Value doesnt have to be monetary. Players are simply looking for a sense of accomplishment.

You are right.... absolutely nothing in this game has any value to it at all, and thats the problem. There is no sense of accomplishment in anything. Mastery tests are a joke and are the farthest thing from anything masterful. Anybody can power level all the equipment to max without having any real skill. Events are so broken, nobody wants to even try to win because people exploit the bugs so hard that DE has to reset the score multiple times. Raids are gone. Eidolons are a complete joke. Dark sectors are shut down so Alliances are pointless now. In game achievements are totally outdated. They even stopped doing the community challenges because they were too hard. I could list stuff all day like this.

I mean comeon. We're so overpowered with the content thats left, we just roflstomp through the game. All people are looking for is a challenge and to be able to say "hey, i did that!". Is it so wrong to want something to work towards and earn? Accomplishment is valuable, and time is valuable.

When you diminish the accomplishment, people feel like their time is wasted. If thats the best this game has to offer.... mediocre casual gameplay.... then whats the point of investing time, or money in it? If people want to just throw money at things with no value, by all means, im gladly taking donations.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

OP, I won't repeat all others above said, for I'd be repeating something despite agreeing with it. I'll just state the following:

• How bad and unskilled must you be to measure your strenght from an almost unnoticeable glyph? I mean, at most I get newbies staring at me during Lith fissures, but that's because of my full body cosmetics, not because of lousy sigils. I have many, many sigils. Do you know which ones I use, exclusively? Only the syndicate ones, because they actually serve a purpose. That's it.

Warframe veteran my *ss, mate. You're definetly not part of this mostly kind community with elitist statements like that.

A salute you sir, hats off to you, couldn't have said it better my self, people always try to look/act/feel like they're above anyone else and when something "unique" they had becomes accessible once more for a short time they lose their minds over it.

Wait a second, I started playing this game one week ago, can I say that I got a super duper sigil and call everyone unworthy? THAT’S AMAZING!

Cofsarcasmcof

Edited by Opters

2 часа назад, RealPandemonium сказал:

Agree that Rift Sigil indicated at least some level of competency and, if nothing else, OG status.  But pretty much every source of prestige in WF has watered down over the years; it's become a game about powerleveling where much of the target audience doesn't even really like the game at its core.  

I dont know what kind of a sad life some one should live to consider a digital sigil in a casual pve game as a sign of 'prestige'. 

While I certainly disagree with the excessive entitlement I've been seeing as of late, I do not think it reasonable to bash people for what they're proud of either. Keep it civil.

On topic:
You called it an exclusive. Thus it is fair for me to assume, you believe it should be exclusive to only the original way it could be obtained in. This would render you without this sigil in the first place.

Thank god, events generally come with a notation: "The rewards of this event may be used in future events/giveaways.". This means, they will appear in, not limitted to, another form of event or giveaway. Without this argument, this is all about your scratched ego. This isn't material to sway anyones opinion or make a good argument.

Цитата

You are missing the point completely. Value doesnt have to be monetary. Players are simply looking for a sense of accomplishment.

If accomplishment for you is a shiny sigil you're just sad. End of story.

Цитата

When you diminish the accomplishment, people feel like their time is wasted.

You're playing pve casual game for your own gain, most of you don't even stream and don't get any kind of money out of it, don't make a sport out of it,  play for any team or anything.

So yes. You're literally wasting your life playing video game. That's what you do. Funny you haven't figured it out earlier, or maybe you thought your grandchildren would drop their jaws when you'd tell them what you did in warframe? Or maybe someone will be amazed at the job interview at you beating phoenix intercept?

Yeaaah. I think I need small violin for that.

Edited by -Temp0-