The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The reason why DE is bringing Acolytes back

1thurts

As you may already know, the Acolytes will be back next week. I read it as an appetizer of the Melee 3.0. Mods like maiming strike are sold as high as 360p on PC, and if Melee 3.0 comes all of a sudden now and memestrike gets nerfed to the ground then DE would have to face the tears from those people who just bought these mods. 

Opening the Shadow Debt event again gives people the access to these mods and the price/value of those mods would drop dramatically, and it would be easier for people to accept the fact that the price of these mods would raise again even after this event, as I am afraid Melee 3.0 will arrive right after it.

Yeah to me it just seemed like a better flow of getting weapons & frame to a curtain point. I never really paid attention to it until a seen my wife using her mk1 bo and I was like. She would need to build the regular bo and level it, and then try to get the bo prime. Why not just make it where we could evolve from the beginning weapon (whatever the beginning for that weapon may be) and work from there. Get the weapon or frame to level 30 and once you hit a curtain amount of kills with it it evolves into its next stage of evolution. We all know that everyone would be grinding like crazy to get their weapon to a prime status if there is a prime status for that weapon. Plus DE could still sale prime access with exclusives so money wouldn't be lost. It mainly would just remove the vault and make a new way to grind. But It was just an idea I thought was really cool. That's all.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Darth Grimsoul said:

Yeah to me it just seemed like a better flow of getting weapons & frame to a curtain point. I never really paid attention to it until a seen my wife using her mk1 bo and I was like. She would need to build the regular bo and level it, and then try to get the bo prime. Why not just make it where we could evolve from the beginning weapon (whatever the beginning for that weapon may be) and work from there. Get the weapon or frame to level 30 and once you hit a curtain amount of kills with it it evolves into its next stage of evolution. We all know that everyone would be grinding like crazy to get their weapon to a prime status if there is a prime status for that weapon. Plus DE could still sale prime access with exclusives so money wouldn't be lost. It mainly would just remove the vault and make a new way to grind. But It was just an idea I thought was really cool. That's all.

you in the right thread?

Yeah my money is on the whole being an annual event thing. 

Tho it is wise of them to be pushing melee 3.0 close to the window of one of their most sought after melee mods cause it takes the edge off (kekekekekekekeke) any change they might directly or indirectly make to it. 

1 hour ago, 1thurts said:

As you may already know, the Acolytes will be back next week. I read it as an appetizer of the Melee 3.0. Mods like maiming strike are sold as high as 360p on PC, and if Melee 3.0 comes all of a sudden now and memestrike gets nerfed to the ground then DE would have to face the tears from those people who just bought these mods. 

Opening the Shadow Debt event again gives people the access to these mods and the price/value of those mods would drop dramatically, and it would be easier for people to accept the fact that the price of these mods would raise again even after this event, as I am afraid Melee 3.0 will arrive right after it.

we will see if you are right, if this thread is still open your tinfoil hat tactics were right man =D

Well, Acolytes have popped up about every six months since their original appearance, and it's been just over six months since we last saw them.

It's probably a developer plot to affect player-made trade economy in lieu of a  coming rework to melee comboing. That's gotta be it.

or it could be that there's sweet FA2Do on every platform until Fortuna so they're bringing them back to keep players coming. we already had a Proxy Rebellion and a Formorian on PS4, and a Razorback is almost due as well, probably sometime after the Acolytes. DE's likely just trying to keep people going until Fortuna finally appears.

personally i just want to see the Misery Acolyte return. the others are kinda boring to me and I have all the mods. not much point in trading since values will probably be quite sketchy with melee 3.0 on the way and trade chat is cancerous at the best of times. roll on Tennogen round 12 and Fortuna!