Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Those Eidolon bosses should be optional

KargorX

Yes, I understand that they "only" come out at night. I wanted to get some "mining" done so I can give chief-ape Konzu his Pyrods, but it seems those Eidolon things are sneaking around near town no matter how often I restart. And a ton of smaller nasties. If I could select Day/Night it would be fine, but I can't. I guess the game got renamed to Waitframe?

I mean, seriously. If I want to go on a Raid, I'd be happy to click on "Eidolon Raid" or whatever you'll call it. Just leave these things out of the game for normal players. Go back to a normal mission structure where you choose what you want, and get rid of this "Open World" garbage.

The Eidolons make quite a lot of noise just from walking around. Add on top of that the various vocalizations / howls. They are easy to avoid.

Important bit: They are passive until provoked. Yes they can get triggered from the Tusk Grineer too. Just steer clear of it and you'll be fine.

As for the Vomvalysts... well, you should have the tools to make short work of them.

Worst case, the Plains also feature quite a few caves where you can mine without Eidolon interference.

TLDR: before you call for "remove this trash," learn a bit about the Plains, what you're getting into, and how to deal with the hazards.

Edited by Aldrr

Just now, Aldrr said:

As for the Vomvalysts... well, you should have the tools to make short work of them.

Fun fact: OP could be a new player who hasn't played Second Dream and can't dispose of them.

Still, OP, as everyone else says... the Eidolon is optional, ignore it and it will ignore you. As for the Vomvalysts, you can easily outrun them and go to places where they are never found (such as the caves). It's easy.

Earth has had a day/night cycle for a LONG time now. There have even been quests before the plains specifically for those cycles even BEFORE eidolon came out. If you don't like to wait, then you probably should try something else. The plains are very much optional. 

If you don't want to get attacked, I would recommend taking a stealth frame. Especially if you have to be around grineer. (Usually I take loki because he's quickeri). This tends to work best for mining. I usually go to the three mines to the left of the map then leave. I REALLy hate mining but that's where I get my best luck. And yeah, most of the time the teralyst doesn't attack unless you attack it first. His little minions on the other hand are a different story. Usually you can hear the eidolons coming. They are pretty loud. 

Edited by DarthBane1

18 minutes ago, KargorX said:

Yes, I understand that they "only" come out at night. I wanted to get some "mining" done so I can give chief-ape Konzu his Pyrods, but it seems those Eidolon things are sneaking around near town no matter how often I restart. And a ton of smaller nasties. If I could select Day/Night it would be fine, but I can't. I guess the game got renamed to Waitframe?

I mean, seriously. If I want to go on a Raid, I'd be happy to click on "Eidolon Raid" or whatever you'll call it. Just leave these things out of the game for normal players. Go back to a normal mission structure where you choose what you want, and get rid of this "Open World" garbage.

That's... kind of the point of them?

They're something you have to deal with. You can go out at night to do whatever, but you have to contend with Eidolons if you do. And it's not like they're subtle. Stomping around, yelling into the night sky, glowing bright blue. And there's such a huge area that they don't even GO to. Most of the upper left side of the map is devoid of Teralysts because there's no water for them to spawn from.

As for Vomvalysts, they're trivial to deal with even if you have a mote amp. And if you have any other kind of Amp, you're basically guaranteed to have something that can two-shot them. Hell, you can even kill them in one shot if you aim right with the right amp - any amp that has more than one instance of enough damage and hits them with both will one-shot them. 

And, as many people have pointed out, they don't fight back unless attacked. Even then, it takes a bit of poking them for them to even start one of their bigger moves, and they lock their most dangerous move behind two Synovia's burst. So even if the Grineer rile it up where you are, there's a good chance you'll be able to go on with your night with only a minor annoyance.

As for why, it's for the progression. A newbie can go to PoE early, see, hear about and even have to contend with a mighty Eidolon they can't even scratch, where even it's minions are beyond their reach to destroy. Eventually, they'll grow powerful enough that any Eidolon no longer scares them, and then powerful enough to beat them. It's a good feeling - a strong Ludonarrative. And if you're one of those players who has no way of dealing with them? Well, you're in for quite a ride.

I routinely went out mining/fishing at night for several hours over the past few days/weeks and I legit never had a problem.

If you're looking for Wisps, Grokdrul or iradite, you're moving so fast that no eidolon related thing is even a threat.

For Fishing, they rarely stray dangerously close to most good hotspots and they don't tend to attack you unless you provoke them.  Similar for mining, and for that you can also go underground, where the real motherlode of gems are.

You're jumping at shadows, man, they're no threat to you unless you annoy them.

46 minutes ago, KargorX said:

The Eidolon Teralyst seems content to ignore you unless you poke it.  The only time I've seen it start actually attacking is if I've gotten too close (probably triggered aggro) or if one of the handful of Grineer hiding in a camp for the night takes a shot at it.  It's pretty rare for it to walk through an armed camp though.

The little vomvalysts are mostly just a minor annoyance once you have any amp at all.  They also seem to have a fairly short aggro radius.  They will come after you, but not from anything like the range that Grineer patrols will during the day.  They're also way less common.  When I've tried day fishing, I have to stop every couple of minutes to stomp down a random patrol, or deal with a Dargryn or transport sled that's spotted me and decided to be a pain.  That's not even counting the Ghoul event, and how persistent the Ghouls can be.

And as others have mentioned, the Teralyst won't chase you.  If you spot it, just fish somewhere else for a while.  Once you've seen it a few times, you'll notice that it has a few routes that it will slowly patrol.  Take note of where it is and where it is headed, then just be somewhere else for the night. 

1 hour ago, KargorX said:

Just leave these things out of the game for normal players. Go back to a normal mission structure where you choose what you want, and get rid of this "Open World" garbage.

you're gonna be disappointed to hear that Fortuna has a similar mechanic then. no day or night, but instead, powerful storms and giant ass spider robots that will crush you like a rotten grape.

we were all warned way in advance of the Plains being released that night time is dangerous for ill-equipped players, and Eidolons only attack when provoked. Vomvalysts aren't much of a threat either, that's why you're supposed to farm them first so you can get the quills standing to build a better amp. get a better amp, then you'll find Vomvalysts are a minor irritation at best. don't go out at night until you're ready, problem solved.

Here is a PRO tip:  

MINING AT NIGHT IS BETTER (The minerals are easy to spot thanks to the glow).

Here is what you need to do:

1) If you are using a sentinel. Remove the mod that allows him to shot or just remove his weapon. Sentinel will agro the little guys (Vombalist) + the big guy (Eidolon).

2) If you are using a pet. Sorry to say this, don't use a pet, it will agro the little guys. Sentinels are better anyway.

3) What ever you do, DON'T ATTACK the Big Guy and the Small Guys. Also don't use powers near the BIG GUY or the Small guys.

4) Enjoy easy mining or fishing. Seriously is better to mine or fish at night. Less Grineer patrols and you don't get bothered.

Here is a video backing up what I said.

33 minutes ago, The_Caleb_Guy said:

The game literally tells you it's dangerous to mine or fish at night for that exact reason.

This is a lie, is way better to mine or fish at night. Just cause the game tells you, doesn't mean it's the truth.

Here is a video of fishing, still backing up the idea of easy farming at night.

1 minute ago, NecromancerX69 said:

This is a lie, is way better to mine or fish at night. Just cause the game tells you, doesn't mean it's the truth.

Here is a video of fishing, still backing up the idea of easy farming at night.

The mining resources lighting up at night does not make the game telling you its dangerous to mine/fish at night a lie...it's literally part of a Konzu's speech when you enter the plains for the first time. Watch out for more enemies while you mine, because they become more frequent during the night. That is exactly what this complaint post is about, the Vomalysts and Terralyst coming out at night and attacking him making it difficult to mine cause they're attacking him.

The Eidolon is passive until provoked, I have on many occasions just fallowed the giant baby while mining or fishing. I have even actually used it as a mount because I could and it was content to just lumber on. If you are trying to mine quickly try stick to the caves as they have a very good concentration of nodes.