Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's 4 energy cost was increased.

Caliboom

Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.

Just...why? What's the point? It was fine the way it was, most of the community agreed that it was fine. Why did you listen to that one content creator who complained about it instead of actually listening to the community? I knew this would end up happening.

Edited by Caliboom

Presumably the reason is to get people off their butts and moving around to pick up energy orbs or something, rather than pressing 4 on Hydron and going to the toilet.

Shrug

I don't like or agree with the playstyle, but even I think 20 might be a bit too much. If DE want to limit how long people are just sitting there doing nothing, then give it a duration so that they have to recast it frequently or something...

Just now, Noibat said:

IDK what everyone is doing with their builds to assume that 4 is his only decent skill...  Everything but his thrall ability is awesome.  The hell? 

Even his thralls are useful. Enemies seem to actively avoid shooting you if a thrall is up, making them very useful for survivability. 4+ hour MOT survivals are a snooze with him.

1 minute ago, Noibat said:

IDK what everyone is doing with their builds to assume that 4 is his only decent skill...  Everything but his thrall ability is awesome.  The hell? 

his 2 needs grace periods between consumation of each stack to be really useful and his 3 costs way too much for what it does. how is these abilities useful?

Just now, Zeclem said:

his 2 needs grace periods between consumation of each stack to be really useful and his 3 costs way too much for what it does. how is these abilities useful?

His invincibility,  even at high levels,  can last for a LONG time when paired with Thrall.  It doesn't  need to be spammed,  and has a utility that Rhino lacks,  in being able to reflect damage.  How is it NOT useful? 

As for his vampire ability [forget what it's called] I don't  really find it too expensive at all.  

3 minutes ago, The_Tiddler said:

Even his thralls are useful. Enemies seem to actively avoid shooting you if a thrall is up, making them very useful for survivability. 4+ hour MOT survivals are a snooze with him.

Aye,  it's  useful for sure,  but of the 4, that one definitely needs the most love.  I find 4 thralls is a bit low.  Still a good skill,  though. 

Just now, Noibat said:

Aye,  it's  useful for sure,  but of the 4, that one definitely needs the most love.  I find 4 thralls is a bit low.  Still a good skill,  though. 

It was upped to 7! I'd like it to be scaled off of power strength, personally, or made so teammates can't kill them.

Just now, Noibat said:

His invincibility,  even at high levels,  can last for a LONG time when paired with Thrall.  It doesn't  need to be spammed,  and has a utility that Rhino lacks,  in being able to reflect damage.  How is it NOT useful? 

As for his vampire ability [forget what it's called] I don't  really find it too expensive at all.  

75 energy for a dash that steals some hp is very much expensive. and reflected damage is not useful at all, enemies have way higher ehp than us, their guns arent good enough to damage themselves in any significant way. 

Just now, The_Tiddler said:

It was upped to 7! I'd like it to be scaled off of power strength, personally, or made so teammates can't kill them.

WHAAAAAT?!  Awesome!  I agree that I'd like to see a power scaling option,  but still,  the way it functions as a disease,  spreading from one to another,  7 could be managed.  I'm  all for that! 

2 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

75 energy for a dash that steals some hp is very much expensive. and reflected damage is not useful at all, enemies have way higher ehp than us, their guns arent good enough to damage themselves in any significant way. 

No matter your build,  you really want to MOD for efficiency with him.  No rational person would run him at 100% efficiency.  Again,  I don't  find it too expensive, when modded right. 

As for the reflected damage,  it's  still a utility that makes his invulnerability unique.  And doesn't  change the fact that the invulnerability is epic as it is.

Edited by Noibat

Revenant...... Dustframe.

probably pick him back up when its been fixed.

Thralls count towards enemy count on defence

thralls being instakilled by friendlies makes them worthless

mesmer skin ..... wtf ? does anyone actually use this ?

reave?   considering this gives you the MOST benefit from thralls - which have probably just been insta killed by saryn/ember/volt/nukers    whats the point ? 
its an energy hungry uncancellable dash. WoooooooooOW !!!! 

danse macabre was the only skill worth using and when combined with volts speed boost actually became fun to whizz round the levels collecting energy orbs and continuing the laser show.

..... sigh.

shout me when you want us to use the frame and not just MRFodder fashion frame.

Edited by SilverRook

I’m very angry about this change. His 4th ability is fine and it’s what makes him so fun. Energy management was important so I was never spamming it down every corridor like they’re assuming. This change kills the frame for me and I hope they revert the change or refund me my platinum spent on his bundle. I’m that angry. 

Edited by Threa

7 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

Revenant...... Dustframe.

probably pick him back up when its been fixed.

Thralls count towards enemy count on defence

thralls being instakilled by friendlies makes them worthless

mesmer skin ..... wtf ? does anyone actually use this ?

reave?   considering this gives you the MOST benefit from thralls - which have probably just been insta killed by saryn/ember/volt/nukers    whats the point ? 
its an energy hungry uncancellable dash. WoooooooooOW !!!! 

danse macabre was the only skill worth using and when combined with volts speed boost actually became fun to whizz round the levels collecting energy orbs and continuing the laser show.

..... sigh.

shout me when you want us to use the frame and not just MRFodder fashion frame.

you can cancel the dash by pressing 3 again

Utterly disheartened by his 4 increase. With his lack of tankiness at high levels, being able to rely on your 4 is beyond important. Idk what they think this overshields thing is going to do ASSUMING you are the one who kills your thralls. Ugh, disheartened 😞