The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

6 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Pretty much this, Chroma is still usable but there are other frames in more need for Pablo's touch.

both of you are ignoring the fact that if chroma didnt get his rework now , hes going to get one anytime soon , even if theres other frames who needs it more than him wish i agree

but we're talking about priority here, if even the best time of his life will not grant him some love from DE , then do i expect them to give a 💩 when fortuna and new content

and frames releases ? how many years have been passed since nyx get even a quick look . do you think chroma will not be the next nyx (or even worse) if we dont standup now ?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Chroma is in a state that's far better then several other frames who are more deserving of a rework than him.

and i 100% agree , but this is not the point , we're not requesting a reworking because hes broken and weak ( he still is compared to rhino) we're requesting one

because the best time for him to get attention has come and if even that wont save him , then you think i'll believe you when you tell me he will get one later ? and i f i

started crying for a rework after 3 months from now (new prime , new content that 100% will be infested with bugs, new frames )  do you think you will give even

greater 💩 than you're doing now ? oh please.

Edited by Yatazanami

I get what your saying, that because Chroma is currently in the spotlight, now would be chance to see a reworking of some of his abilities, and i agree, but with fortuna on the horizon DE probably has alot of assets tied up at the moment, maybe with tomorrows dev stream we might see an update on things other then fortuna, have to wait and see. 

On 2018-09-14 at 10:02 PM, Lior55 said:

This CANNOT happen. He looks amazing and he deserves a wonderful update. He is a buff tank/buffing frame.

Passive: Buffs the elemental damage of whatever he's attuned to by 25%. (affects the elemental damage of all abilities and weapons)

1. Can cycle through elements by tapping 1 and can channel the scream by holding 1 for a moment. Tap to cancel. Now shoots out in a wider arc. Creates an elemental terrain that has a 100% proc chance. The affected terrain is Duration based.

2. It's fine. Allow it to be a sticky buff for allies for a short but decent duration if they go out of range of it. Warframe is about mobility usually and no one stays close to Chroma to appreciate his buffs. 

3. Buff his tankiness back at least. His "unintended bug" had been in game for too long and then you chose to nerf him because of Eidolons.. He doesn't feel anywhere near as good as he used too. This ability should get the sticky buff treatment too. Nezha is tankier with the various builds and that's sad. Rhino is also better at buffing team damage and being tanky for himself. I shouldn't need an umbra build to be a decent tank. Period.

4. Effigy - Now has an added large Buffing Aura I like to call Dragon's Presence that is not affected by range mods. It's a decent 30 meters. It is Duration based (60 seconds default). The problem with this ability is that you sacrifice survivability for speed. If Vex Armor is active then the radius around Effigy carries it's own Vex Armor with the same reflected stats as Chroma's Vex Armor. It buffs allies with the Vex Armor and stacks/doubles for Chroma himself. It draws aggro much better and still roars and all that good stuff. When you cancel Effigy or if it dies, it self destructs doing the same amount of damage as it was dealt. The damage is affected by Vex Armor and your passive. The element of the explosion is dependent on your attunement.

Dragon Presence effect

Fire - Radial Heal (HPS affected by power strength)

Ice - Slows incoming enemies by 40%

Toxin - Increases Status and Crit chance on ally weapons 40% (affected by Power Strength but caps at 100%) 

Electricity - Shield Regen (Affected by Power strength) 

You need to be in radius to gain the affect of the Effigy. It does not have a sticky affect.

Love the idea minus 4. I understand its supposed to be important to have him take off his coat for the 4 but they need to completely change effigy for it to have a point. Its not good enough at any one job to be useful, and an AI jack of all trades isn't going to work(Also kinda a lame Ultimate) Something more like you controlling the coat only, while the under person is vulnerable. The coat would be extremely powerful, but if the guy dies, its a full on warframe death.

1 hour ago, (XB1)SN41L3Y said:

Love the idea minus 4. I understand its supposed to be important to have him take off his coat for the 4 but they need to completely change effigy for it to have a point. Its not good enough at any one job to be useful, and an AI jack of all trades isn't going to work(Also kinda a lame Ultimate) Something more like you controlling the coat only, while the under person is vulnerable. The coat would be extremely powerful, but if the guy dies, its a full on warframe death.

my only issue of adding an element cycling mechanic to an ability is that its going to clutter up the ability its placed on. my personal opinion is to have the new gear wheel harbor the element choice thing if element swapping is a must on him. that or toss effigy into the new gear wheel sort his abilities around to were you can include this elemental wheel in the kit. we did fine suggesting one working his abilities without having element swapping but if it takes us to agree on one thing then hey lets figure out ground level of agreement without sacrificing the dragon action and feel i and some other people would so crave for.

7 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

*sigh* Really, another chroma rework thread. 

Chroma has a decent niche right now, High level assassinates, Plague Star, Eidolon hunts.

1. So could he use a complete rework? No.
  2. Could he use some tweaking? Yes.

Asking to only hear the voices that want change and ask others to be quiet is unbalanced feedback. 

What needs a revolution is people such as yourself to use this amazing forum feature called "Search Bar" and respond to megathread on this topic instead of coming to GD and jumping on the bandwagon by making another thread.

Is not unbalanced... Because if you want a rework for a frames ( for example Titania) nobody will come to write something on your comment like:" no, she's fine right now, if you want a rework that means that you need to build him properly".

Same talk with Chroma. At least I'm tired of being taken for the ass by statements like "it's fine now", "DE have other tings to do" (an openworld that no one has ever asked) "Chroma is perfectly in line". DE did randomly rework that he killed a warframe (you're equally annoyed at me for anything else if it went from being fun to the unutilizable) and now takes years to get a good rework at one of the warframe's most beloved warframes.  

Dear Chroma main players.
Chroma needs a new "rework" that absolutely reinforces him, because as it is now it's not good.
There is no reason why someone should prefer him to other warframes, the characteristics that made him such have been weakened to the pointlessness, now it is already so much if we survive with Chroma.
I would like to ask DE to grant a new rework, not only of his third skill (the one that needs it most for me) but also of all the others.
If you also want a rework of chroma of any kind, resistance as before, damage as before without the double dipping damage, a new first skill, a fourth skill different or anything else, then you can do a post for Chroma on the forum, if you're not agree then don't do anything , do not come to write absurd things, if you do not care, just avoid ... Thanks

It seems like a revolution ahahah.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

one of the warframe's most beloved warframes.  

You mean One of the most broken. Well till the bug was fixed then the community showed their true feelings for chroma.

Kinda funny how the community keep pining for challenging content and yet they scream bloody murder when their broken and/or over powered toys are balanced to achieve said challenge.

Just now, LupisV0lk said:

You mean One of the most broken. Well till the bug was fixed then the community showed their true feelings for chroma.

Kinda funny how the community keep pining for challenging content and yet they scream bloody murder when their broken and/or over powered toys are balanced to achieve said challenge.

The only becalcement needed was removing the double dipping damage, nothing more, nothing less. 

Thanks to this bug chroma could achieve 242x damage instead of 6,24x...

The moltiplicative formula was intentional, the bug nope

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)SaitamaPower992 said:

if you're not agree then don't do anything

So no dissenting opinions? That's not how a public forum works my friend.

As for Chroma not having a reason to be picked over other frames, I cannot think of a better support frame tbh. And no, I'm not counting healing.

No other frame can provide allies with such an increase to both defensive and offensive stats. Do his 1 and 4 need work? Certainly. Does his 2 and 3? Not a priority, imo.

And, as above, this isn't the right subforum.

4 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

my only issue of adding an element cycling mechanic to an ability is that its going to clutter up the ability its placed on. my personal opinion is to have the new gear wheel harbor the element choice thing if element swapping is a must on him. that or toss effigy into the new gear wheel sort his abilities around to were you can include this elemental wheel in the kit. we did fine suggesting one working his abilities without having element swapping but if it takes us to agree on one thing then hey lets figure out ground level of agreement without sacrificing the dragon action and feel i and some other people would so crave for.

They're probably gonna scrap if they don't make it and ult worthy buff sentry. I mean it helps farm credits.........credits people and poorly at that. Just do Index. By the time you get all of his pieces in game, the index is right there.

He could just grow his Effigy wings like he does here and get a dragon exalted mode!!! Any ideas on what effects this mode gets? Maybe he gets increased HP close to the Effigy's health? Buffs his 2 and 3 buffs? Increased movement speed and jump distance due to the wings? This could bring him back to his old days and/or better. Idk help me out Chromrades!

Related image

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

This comment not only needs WAY more upvotes, but it also needs to be copied and pasted to about a dozen other threads as a response to people complaining about these very topics.

Couldn't agree more....

As a side note, I DESPISE when people call things "trash" or "unusable" when they are, in indisputable fact, completely viable for the game's entirety.  Optimal? Maybe not.  A tool for every task, of course....but viable, nonetheless.

I still see Chromas pretty often, even prior to the Prime release, and they do -plenty- of damage, and seldom, if ever, go down in a match, regardless of difficulty. 

Friggin' people hoppin' on friggin' bandwagons...I just don't understand the allure of doing so.  Sheeple =_=

• Like 2

Here's a development on that idea of him doing a sort of metamorphosis as a 4. Gains wings, hovers, gains limited flight, attacks with primary and secondary changed to breath weapon. Melee attacks change to dragon like moveset. Or another idea...

Have his 4 give him a JoJo like stand ability. Except it's not outside his body, but overlaps his body like a giant projection that mirrors his movements for the duration, or flies above him sorta like a guardian angel. 

Sorry not sure about the effects stat wise, I'm just thinking about how cool it would be visually at the moment.

• Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Lior55:

They're probably gonna scrap if they don't make it and ult worthy buff sentry. I mean it helps farm credits.........credits people and poorly at that. Just do Index. By the time you get all of his pieces in game, the index is right there.

He could just grow his Effigy wings like he does here and get a dragon exalted mode!!! Any ideas on what effects this mode gets? Maybe he gets increased HP close to the Effigy's health? Buffs his 2 and 3 buffs? Increased movement speed and jump distance due to the wings? This could bring him back to his old days and/or better. Idk help me out Chromrades!

Related image

the thing is. DE created chroma with two forms in mind - having him pelting his skin of and being an additional character model wont be scrapped. it will never. so we have to life with that - but De could make effigy his 1 and this "new" form with wings could be his new ultimate.. but who am i kidding - this will never happen. if DE reworks chroma they will just change how his abilitites interact, they wont scrap his abilities overall.

also i am fine with that. if they make effigy les expensive and scale with vex armor id be fine. wouldnt be the most usefull ability but atleast it could be decent for the whole starchart. same goes for spectral scream. just make it scale with vex armor - would be a fine first ability. and reworking some of the elements for elemental ward would help imensly with versetility. currently if you dont want to f*ck yourself you need to go with fire. ice is just a worse version and electriic/poison are completely trash. just rework those to be up par with fire and it would be fine

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

This comment not only needs WAY more upvotes, but it also needs to be copied and pasted to about a dozen other threads as a response to people complaining about these very topics.

Couldn't agree more....

As a side note, I DESPISE when people call things "trash" or "unusable" when they are, in indisputable fact, completely viable for the game's entirety.  Optimal? Maybe not.  A tool for every task, of course....but viable, nonetheless.

I still see Chromas pretty often, even prior to the Prime release, and they do -plenty- of damage, and seldom, if ever, go down in a match, regardless of difficulty. 

Friggin' people hoppin' on friggin' bandwagons...I just don't understand the allure of doing so.  Sheeple =_=

You see chroma only becaouse his beauty skins ahahah

9 hours ago, Yatazanami said:

your point is mote because theres no reason to buy him for green real cash and, (i'll farm him, i have time) but what about the average scrub ? or the people who

love him and love this game but are busy in life ? they will get even more 💩 deal and they have almost no choice, so in the end both, farmers and buyers

get a bad deal in someway.

It still does not make my point mote. If there is no incentive to buy the Chroma Prime Access then that is just a bad marketing decision. You can still get the "bad" warframe for free.

9 hours ago, Yatazanami said:

i'll tell you why , once upon the time DE actually cared about the end game and the mechanic of this game and reworked frames at random times, the laziness

started with only doing that when they release a prime or a deluxe , and now its going to change even more with this chroma prime (no rework) even when he

needs it bad and you glided all over my points of why DE was quick to nerf him to 💩 but its okay (according to you) to not give him a buff  now ?

(let alone a rework)

Did you even read what I wrote? They are NOT tying the reworks to Prime or Deluxe skin releases. Nezha is the only rework that came with a deluxe skin. Limbo, Hydroid and Oberon are the only Prime warframes that got a rework sometime near their release. Saryn, Vauban, Valkyr got several tweaks LONG AFTER their Prime Access. You are just making stuff up.

10 hours ago, Yatazanami said:

you're clearly biased to DE no matter what , explain this to me , why DE was quick to:

nerf the loot chance and the rate for Nekros desecrate , make pilfring swarm not be effected by power str , cap atlas Ore Gaze to 50% (it was 100% before) ,

eradicating draco and peacemaker greedy combo (there was no exploit, only synergy) and many more stuff,  but its okay to be lazy by not giving a costumer who

is paying real cash a better value ? by reworking a frame to have synergy and usability ? Blasphemy ! (in your voice) 

And with this single paragraph you lost all the credibility you might have had. If you are defending lootcaves then there is no hope for you. You just want to cheese the game.

you started this , calling us spoiled brats  (total insult, flaming, and not respectful or constructive) but when i do the same to you i am the mad one now ? please .

I didn't. Someone else called you a spoiled brat. I said that a lot of player are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. If you feel like you are part of them, well...

they deserve a rework , but now right now where Chroma is the frame for the current prime access ,  he supposed to get a better look , theres no better time than this.

I'm glad that you agree. Because we DE promised us the Nyx rework 2 months ago and there was no word from them since then.

He's not supposed to get anything. That is just your wishful thinking.

This is most likely my last response to you because I lost all my respect for you when you defended the lootcaves.

4 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Did you even read what I wrote? They are NOT tying the reworks to Prime or Deluxe skin releases. Nezha is the only rework that came with a deluxe skin. Limbo, Hydroid and Oberon are the only Prime warframes that got a rework sometime near their release. Saryn, Vauban, Valkyr got several tweaks LONG AFTER their Prime Access. You are just making stuff up.

And with this single paragraph you lost all the credibility you might have had. If you are defending lootcaves then there is no hope for you. You just want to cheese the game.

This is most likely my last response to you because I lost all my respect for you when you defended the lootcaves.

I mean if he was so Pro consumer he'd be against tying reworks to deluxe skins/Prime Access. But hey consistency is hard it seems.

If that was the final straw you should have seen what he's been preaching for the last 4 days. Let's just say i've been in mod trouble for less.

Edited by LupisV0lk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dragazer said:

Wrong just wrong. Please stop contributing to the spread of misinformation.

Okay, fair enough, I stand corrected. Well done with forming a cogent and informative counter point, and I won't make those statements again.

However.

That doesn't change the actual point of that ramble of mine; Chroma's defense is where DE wants it, for now. It's not going to get changed unless somebody like Pablo takes a deep pass at the whole Warframe, changing up everything about how the four abilities balance out.

We need to focus on the abilities that aren't Vex, giving him actual versatility, a way to consistently affect enemies that isn't reliant on just his weapons. Even Harrow, who is the only Warframe in the game that doesn't have an ability that deals damage, has more consistent and meaningful affect on enemies, with less interference to the frame's effectiveness, with just his 1 than all of Chroma's abilities combined.

Chroma needs real change, and unless DE finally does decide that they can afford to shift Vex from actual Armour to Damage Reduction, then nothing we say about Vex will change it.

We need to suggest and debate on how to make his other abilities good enough. Because DE sure as heck doesn't want to do anything about the one ability everyone thinks was his only saving grace. We need those options there, clear and present, for when they come looking through the Forums for what players actually can give them.

• Like 1

Two years ago I suggested a buff to his 1 and 2. While his 1 got that buff (increased movement speed and ability to jump while active), his 2 is still rather lacking. I'd like to dig back that suggestion up to add additional features into each aura:

Fire: Grant health regen as well,
Ice: Increased damage reduction towards shields
Toxin: Increased movement and parkour speed
Electric: Reduced shield recharge delay and faster recharge speed.

Also I would like to request Chroma's passive to be reworked beyond a "it just exists" function, making it more embarassing than Vauban's original "some extra armour to a squishy frame when friends are nearby" passive. Maybe make the elements cycle-able instead of being bound to energy colour?

Edited by RS219