Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun weapons!

DerGreif2

Come on! Some weapons are interesting... what about them?

I build the Lenz in the moment and nuke my way through a lot of missions!

What are your go to fun/special weapons that you use?

Edited by DerGreif2
Little changes

16 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Put your Ignis and Amprex away and go!

Why single out these two? Are we not allowed to have fun with them?

Lenz is terrible and dull. Amprex is far more fun to play around with.

For a "fun riven feature" I have a -fire rate riven for Attica. That one is quite fun (you get one shot every 20 - 30 seconds or something)

Edited by krc473

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Why single out these two? Are we not allowed to have fun with them?

Meta weapons. All powerful weapons are "fun" for the people that just want to play the best weapons in the game. And these two... are defenelty on the top list. So I mean more... unusual weapons.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Lenz is terrible and dull. Amprex is far more fun to play around with.

I own the amprex and with corrosive its good vs all factions... you dont see multishot... dont really need to aim... just rarely have to swap mods... I dont know... she is effective... but fun? For me she is on the boring side of weapons.

Lenz is a pure fun weapon. Add multishot and some charge speed and this thing is pretty good... (unless you blow yourself up with it). You can play dive bomber with zephyr 🙂

Just now, DerGreif2 said:

So I mean more... unusual weapons.

Yet you mentioned Lenz. I have seen many people discuss how it is also a meta weapon. (no opinion, hate the Lenz 🤷‍♂️). 

An unusual weapon would be more, Braton, Panthera etc. I see considerably more people using Lenz than Amprex. As for power, I have never used Amprex for that. I used to use it in Tower Survival missions, it was fun then too. It was probably much weaker then (less mods, no rivens etc)

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I have seen many people discuss how it is also a meta weapon.

Thats a joke right... Lenz as a meta weapon? Never seen it in... about 300h in Warframe? Just saw a few videos. Why the hell should the Lenz be a meta weapon? 😉

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

As for power, I have never used Amprex for that.

Since I saw it the first time on Io murdering groups of enemys in seconds without really aiming... it was just a must have. Also one of the weapons I see daily.

27 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

it was just a must have.

Don't compare yourself to others.

I am MR25, 2k+ hrs in, 0,1% usage with only 3 Forma in (never had the motivation to finish it).

As for the topic: I like the Supra Vandal lately with its huge magazine. Also the Tigris Prime...I mean who doesn't like to put enemies 30 pellets in their face to shred them hehehe.

Oh and the Sobek is fun as well. That splash damage lets me giggle every so often

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

54 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Thats a joke right... Lenz as a meta weapon?

It depends what you define as meta I suppose. Some people are of the opinion it is. Still, its just a simple rocket launcher, but with no ammo. I would rather just use my Secura Penta (that one is fun, especially with Ivara [be careful with multishot]). Actually, speaking of Ivara - thrown melee weapon are quite fun with Navigator too! 

The point is, you are specifically calling out the use of two weapons, giving the indication "they do not count" for this. Based on only your experience (not everyone has the same idea of fun). Just ask "what do people find fun", simple as that. This is all personal preference. You like Lenz, I like Amprex. Neither need you to aim that well. Both do reasonable damage. Both are reasonable crit weapons. What's the difference? (I don't really need an answer) I use the Amprex because I like the chain lightening. I do not care for the damage at all. Its the same reason I use Valkyr - I just like it. Its not like the frame's abilities are that useful, but Valkyr is fun.

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Don't compare yourself to others.

1 hour ago, DerGreif2 said:

Also one of the weapons I see daily.

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Oh and the Sobek is fun as well. That splash damage lets me giggle every so often

Early in the game I liked the tonkor but I dont had the feeling that she was impactfull. But that was also without forma and potatoe.

1 hour ago, Ermadily said:

Daikyu with a gas build in corridors. One bow through like sixteen enemies, the rest is suffocated by the gas proc. Very satisfying. Also, multishot is advised.

Why gas? Do it have some kind of explosion or why is it usefull? I play with the cernos prime with multi shot, speed trigger, shred and some elementals. Feels so good to fire a volley of arrows into groups of enemies with a 2.2 punch through 😄