Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk: Content Drought - What DE can learn from this

MartianGHunter

2 minutes ago, lordelamin said:

6. This should keep more veteran players involved, and give newer players something to shoot for.

5 minutes ago, lordelamin said:

4. Make them were the the parts drop off on alerts or certain game modes.

How many veteran players do you know that want to do alerts for frame parts? I do not know a single person that believes this is a good mode for frame part acquisition. 

Honestly, I would rather DE dump Umbra frames and just give us some decent content every few months (3 - 6 months). It is a good thought, but it does nothing for me. I would not even bother to collect additional Umbra frames.

3 minutes ago, lordelamin said:
3. Not all should revolve around a quest, but maybe a few can.

But that's the whole point of umbra so far.
It's a strain of Warframes with a huge load of story behind them.
Releasing them  every few months would mean, they wouldn't have any impact. And the change to one of the abilities wouldn't be as good as it was for Excal Umbra.
Such "S#&$ty" content wouldn't be good, and wouldn't stop people from complaining about other stuff.

And you beating that dead horse isn't doing anything for the game.

Btw. why is the "To DE" a link to an empty Youtube Channel?

Il y a 6 heures, DeMonkey a dit :

2014:

- Zephyr + new Interception gamemode and Earth remaster (iirc).

- Hydroid + Melee 2.0.

- Mirage + introduction of the quest system.

- Limbo + Archwing introduction.

- Mesa + Mutalist subfaction and Infested ship tileset.

That's not mentioning all the changes, events and reinforcements. 

The difference between 2014 and 2018 is very noticeable. 

2018 so far :

-Mesa deluxe skin

-Titania, Nidus, Harrow augment

-Gantulyst and Hydrolist

-Rideable Dargyn

-Octavia Deluxe skin

-Ceramica tonfa skin and armor

-Dojo remaster

-Inaros Deluxe skin

-Nezha Jinza helmet

-New game mode : Sanctuary Onslaught

-Khora + Dual Keres + Histryx

-Saryn rework

-New GPU system

-The sacrifice Update (Umbra + Skiajati + Umbra cosmetics + Part 1 of new UI + Moddable exalted weapon + Limbo Changes)

-Limbo prime access (Limbo p + Destreza p + Pyrana p) 

-Towsun skin + armor

-Nidus, harrow, octavia and Ivara augment

-Nidus deluxe skin

-Vauban deluxe skin

-Frame fighter

-New amp part

-Dojo natural decoration

-Revenant + Phantasma + Vetala armor

-The pyrus project + Zylok

-Gara, Octavia, Khora and Wukong augment

-Nezha deluxe skin + Nezha rework

-Chroma prime access (Chroma p + Rubico p + Gram p)

And i'm sure i'm forgetting some thing and 2018 isn't even over yet. Mainline update is coming soon and Fortuna should drop before the end of the year.

So yes, there isn't lots of new weapon and frame. But guess what ? WE Called for it ! For year we've been screaming at DE "Stop making new content, take the time to rework what's already here !'. And so 2018 was deemed the year of the rework. But now people are screaming "Stop reworking thing and make new content !"

You can only choose 2 of these 3 :

-Frequent new content

-Quality content

-Reworked content

So, what do you choose ?

22 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Image result for moving goalposts gif

I hadn't gathered that after literally typing out everything that we received in 2014, comparing it to what we've received so far in 2018 and still the argument continuing. Thank you for making your stance clear on this.

It's still factually wrong though, but at least you're assertive.

Want me to pull up everything that we got from January 2014 to October 2014? Will that finally get through? Because I guarantee you it's substantially more than we've gotten this year, and utterly proves the point that at this moment in time we are going through a content drought. And frankly even if I did include PoE it wouldn't match what we got in 2014.

Given that the devs themselves have acknowledged this I don't even know why people continue arguing it's not happening. Do you think the devs are wrong about their own game perhaps?

I'm honestly starting to think these arguments are worse than the "boohoo content drought" posts. At least those are nothing more than an overreaction. 

I asked if anyone has provided a comparison, and you have me a poor list. Fortuna is most likely releasing this year, so I'm comparing that or theylast 12 months which includes PoE. 

I'm just saying personally, I don't feel like there has been much more in content overall in previous years compared to now. Less tiny updates yes, but overall substantial content- no. 

Maybe I just don't understand the argument of the drought. Are people saying they prefer smaller content like weapons every two weeks to overall bigger lasting content more spread out? Id be tired of reinforcements and frames by now. I'm still playing poe. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

9 hours ago, Firetempest said:

I see you watched a WF tuber and now need to bring the same thing up as with every other viewer of said topic. This a new and exciting idea which has not been rehashed in a dozen topics this week alone that you could definitely not have found if you looked down the front page.

Need to break this endless cycle of which happened only once so far in Warframes history. Break these chains! Maybe look up the games update history before regurgitating someone else's thoughts.

Words of widsom right there 👍

The simplest way is to take a break from playing warframe and do, you know, other stuff. And then come back after half a year later clean and fresh of mind. (That's what I do every time the grind or lack of stuff to do gets to me)

Edited by HellVOps

19 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

2018 so far :

-Mesa deluxe skin

-Titania, Nidus, Harrow augment

-Gantulyst and Hydrolist

-Rideable Dargyn

-Octavia Deluxe skin

-Dojo remaster

-Inaros Deluxe skin

-Nezha Jinza helmet

-Saryn rework

-New GPU system

-The sacrifice Update (Umbra + Skiajati + Umbra cosmetics + Part 1 of new UI + Moddable exalted weapon + Limbo Changes)

-Limbo prime access (Limbo p + Destreza p + Pyrana p) 

-Towsun skin + armor

-Nidus, harrow, octavia and Ivara augment

-Nidus deluxe skin

-Vauban deluxe skin

-Frame fighter

-New amp part

-Dojo natural decoration

-Revenant + Phantasma + Vetala armor

-Gara, Octavia, Khora and Wukong augment

-Nezha deluxe skin + Nezha rework

-Chroma prime access (Chroma p + Rubico p + Gram p)

And i'm sure i'm forgetting some thing and 2018 isn't even over yet. Mainline update is coming soon and Fortuna should drop before the end of the year.

So yes, there isn't lots of new weapon and frame. But guess what ? WE Called for it ! For year we've been screaming at DE "Stop making new content, take the time to rework what's already here !'. And so 2018 was deemed the year of the rework. But now people are screaming "Stop reworking thing and make new content !"

-Frequent new content

-Quality content

-Reworked content

So, what do you choose ?

Quality re-worked content.

While we're at it.

Toss new content out the window entirely.

Because we still need damage 3.0, parkour 3.0, a better riven system, because I'm fairly certain like half it was cut and there was supposed to be a quest including a new cephalon.

Warframe re-works galore because tbf like half of them need a full re-work, a quarter need some number changes and the rest need QoL.

And that's just the beginning of stuff in need of updates 

I mean you say we got re-works, yeah. But it's barely anything re-work wise just a couple of frames some weapons and how beams work.

Not exactly much noteworthy as of now, and the one major re-work melee 3.0 keeps getting pushed back.

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

4 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Not exactly much noteworthy as of now, and the one major re-work melee 3.0 keeps getting pushed back.

I'm hoping it's getting setback because its going to be really awesome and different. They last time they spoke about a rework, then went completely silent was with parkour 2.0 and it was wildly different than what they were previewing.

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)purpleskullgamin a dit :

Quality re-worked content.

While we're at it.

Toss new content out the window entirely.

Because we still need damage 3.0, parkour 3.0, a better riven system, because I'm fairly certain like half it was cut and there was supposed to be a quest including a new cephalon.

Warframe re-works galore because tbf like half of them need a full re-work, a quarter need some number changes and the rest need QoL.

I mean you say we got re-works, yeah. But it's barely anything re-work wise just a couple of frames some weapons and how beams work.

I'm gonna quote myself on the last part of my post

il y a 22 minutes, Marekthejester a dit :

-Frequent new content

-Quality content

-Reworked content

So, what do you choose ?

If you want big rework with good quality, wich is what we really expect of something as melee 3.0, you need to give it the time. 

1 minute ago, Marekthejester said:

-Mesa/Inaros/Vauban/Nezha deluxe skin.

- Excalibur Proto skin, numerous Immortal skins.

(Nekros's was 2017)

I admit, the art team has been doing a solid job this year.

2 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

- Varied Warframe augments

- The entirety of Syndicates and their starting augments, including cosmetics.

2 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

-Gantulyst and Hydrolist

- Vay Hek, Corrupted Vor, Lynx and Spragg/Ven'kra Taal.

3 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

-Rideable Dargyn

- Rather minor from a content perspective, but sure, you got me there. Can't find anything comparable.

6 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

- Towsun skin + armour

- Eos, Edo, Dendra, Iliac, Naberus and Deadalus armour.

- Numerable weapon skins.

17 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

-Dojo remaster

-Dojo decorations

2014 had some dojo work, in the form of additional rooms, the Tenno Lab, the PvP stuff, new decorations etc.

18 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

Excavation, Rescue 2.0 and Orokin Sabotage pre October.

22 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

-Frame fighter

Flappy Zephyr.

22 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

-Revenant + Phantasma

- Zephyr + Phage + Jat Kittag + AkStilleto.

- Hydroid + Nikana + Nami Skyla + Attica + Lex Prime.

- Mirage + Akzani + Silva and Aegis.

26 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

-New amp part

- Multitude of new weapons in the form of reinforcements.

27 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

Oxium Espionage, Tethras Doom, Ties that bind, Spectres of liberty, Breeding grounds, Avalanche Offensive, Gatecrash + associated rewards.

30 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

Mirage, Howl of the Kubrow, Vors Prize, Once Awake.

28 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

And i'm sure i'm forgetting some thing and 2018 isn't even over yet.

Out of respect for this, you'll notice that all of my above responses are all pre-October, else I would have included the Mutalist stuff, Limbo and Archwing, so for all intents and purposes my responses are from when 2014 wasn't even over yet. I've also not mentioned the pets we got, the entire UI rework with regards to the Hud and the ship, the tilesets and the reworks and everything else we got.

29 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

So, what do you choose ?

None, I'm abstaining. I'm simply not on board with people running around pretending that this is normal, just as I'm not on board with people fanboing over LifeofRio.

The content we have received this year is absolutely not the normal amount, what does arguing otherwise even serve?

Apologies if I missed anything from your list, tried to condense it together a bit.

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

- Excalibur Proto skin, numerous Immortal skins.

(Nekros's was 2017)

I admit, the art team has been doing a solid job this year.

- The entirety of Syndicates and their starting augments, including cosmetics.

- Vay Hek, Corrupted Vor, Lynx and Spragg/Ven'kra Taal.

- Rather minor from a content perspective, but sure, you got me there. Can't find anything comparable.

- Eos, Edo, Dendra, Iliac, Naberus and Deadalus armour.

- Numerable weapon skins.

2014 had some dojo work, in the form of additional rooms, the Tenno Lab, the PvP stuff, new decorations etc.

Excavation, Rescue 2.0 and Orokin Sabotage pre October.

Flappy Zephyr.

- Zephyr + Phage + Jat Kittag + AkStilleto.

- Hydroid + Nikana + Nami Skyla + Attica + Lex Prime.

- Mirage + Akzani + Silva and Aegis.

- Multitude of new weapons in the form of reinforcements.

Oxium Espionage, Tethras Doom, Ties that bind, Spectres of liberty, Breeding grounds, Avalanche Offensive, Gatecrash + associated rewards.

Mirage, Howl of the Kubrow, Vors Prize, Once Awake.

Out of respect for this, you'll notice that all of my above responses are all pre-October, else I would have included the Mutalist stuff, Limbo and Archwing, so for all intents and purposes my responses are from when 2014 wasn't even over yet. I've also not mentioned the pets we got, the entire UI rework with regards to the Hud and the ship, the tilesets and the reworks and everything else we got.

None, I'm abstaining. I'm simply not on board with people running around pretending that this is normal, just as I'm not on board with people fanboing over LifeofRio.

The content we have received this year is absolutely not the normal amount, what does arguing otherwise even serve?

Apologies if I missed anything from your list, tried to condense it together a bit.

Even if 2014 was the Golden year for content drops ...I still don't get the drought argument. 

It seems like we still got plenty of content, just not as much as the best content year in Warframe history (if that's your argument)

Personally, it still feels like I have a lot to play and do in Warframe compared to years past. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

(if that's your argument)

That's exactly my argument.

You said, 

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

in not one of these content drought threads has anyone pointed specifically to a time when Warframe was getting more content than we do now.

I have provided you with such.

I'm actually quite happy to hear you don't feel like you're going through a drought of content, really I am. But that's subjective.

Attempting to argue that we're actually getting the same amount of content as normal is where I take umbrage, because that spreads misinformation and serves only to antagonise. DE have admitted it, it's virtually irrefutable that we are currently in a state of "low content".

I'm not saying that people's overreactions are justified, I'm not even going to justify the usage of the word "drought", I just think the forums are going to be full of trash for as long as we've got one group aggressively complaining about the lack of content, and the other failing to see where they're coming from and saying they shouldn't feel the way they do. It's understandable for people to want similar content releases to what we're used to, we've arguably been spoiled by it.

As for me, I don't really care. The forums and other games are content enough for me, I don't feel a pressing desire to want more Warframe content when I have so much else to do.

some content is just poor.

look at highly anticipated 'The Sacrifice' quest. great quest that actually brought hardly any lasting content. nothing to collect, nothing to grind for, no new systems to experiment etc. unless you believe that umbral mods fit that description. people doubled or trippled their forma ammount on many frames just to fit in the umbral mods. thats the pinacle of content drought. thats just poor content management from DE side.

also plenty of content is just not very enjoyable and only played when you are being forced. cetus bounties or archwing for example. i know many players who never play bounties unless there is an event or some content is locked behind them. that honestly feels very forced. the playrates of bounties probably skyrocketed when revenant got released, now its back to being unpopular lol.

I think there is hyperbole on  both sides now with players constantly redefining what content is to justify their stance.

far as I’m concerned, it’s probably less than previously but not a drought.

people are just tired of hearing it now though, the devs have admitted they dropped the ball, there’s no need to keep harping on about it. Right now it’s got to the stage of annoying kids in the back of the motor 

are we there yet?

are we there yet?

are we there yet?

On 2018-10-03 at 6:45 AM, Syln said:

Content Drought is a great thing ! You can take a break, play something else and comeback !

This. I was starting to have a bit of a fall off with warframe cause i had been playing to hard. This has been a nice break and it will be great to come back to some new content that can benefit more of the game elsewhere.

Il y a 2 heures, DeMonkey a dit :

Sure, 2014 had much more content. But does even half of this content has a comparable quality to what we got this year ? This is the thing, the game is getting more complex, pretty much all the easy concept have been done. Even worse, most of what was released this year have rotten in a corner for years ! 

If you simply take plains of eidolon, i think this single update had much more impact on the game than the whole 2014 year. 

So what do we want in the end ? Lots of low quality frames and weapon ? Or a huge update once a year that will shake the whole game and give it a whole new feeling ?

What happened to the amazing eternals Devs. Are they all working on Fortuna too. And what if Amazing Eternals were not cancelled. How long would the Dev cycles have been. Also who is developing the Lord of the Rings IP that DE's publisher is rumoured to be publishing. Would explain the long Dev cycles. Are DE trying to pivot away from Warframe. Just putting it out there.

38 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

Sure, 2014 had much more content

Exactly, although the content we get is better now (although I don't personally feel the increase in quality is worth the drop in quantity) it's still lower. 

No discussion on this matter will ever go well with people pretending this isn't the case.

1 hour ago, Marekthejester said:

Sure, 2014 had much more content. But does even half of this content has a comparable quality to what we got this year ? This is the thing, the game is getting more complex, pretty much all the easy concept have been done. Even worse, most of what was released this year have rotten in a corner for years ! 

If you simply take plains of eidolon, i think this single update had much more impact on the game than the whole 2014 year. 

So what do we want in the end ? Lots of low quality frames and weapon ? Or a huge update once a year that will shake the whole game and give it a whole new feeling ?

This is what I'm trying to get at. We've almost had PoE and Fortuna within year from each other. I don't see how other years really compare OVERALL. 

I mean.... Is it really a drought if the end results is far more content on a yearly basis? 

I'd be complaining if all of this was only leading up to a 2 hr cinematic quest, but it's not. 

I don't think anyone would be happier with Warframe STILL focusing on releasing weapons every two weeks, replacing placeholder bosses and events based on remixed missions. In fact, I think that's an era coming to a close in Warframe. At some point it's just going to feel like rehashes of rehashes. 

My personal experience, which is why it's hard for me to see this as a drought compared to previous years,  is that I have far more to do now as a vet than I did as a new player.  

Back then I ranked a weapon, and went back to tried and trues while playing the void over and over, mixed in with some syndicate medallion grind.The past year I still have Poe rep to grind for cosmetics, ESO to grind for rewards and unbounding focus passives, zaws to test, advanced dojo design to mess around with, amps to test, ship cosmetics to mess around with, arcanes to rank (since they got rid of those terrible trails) and mix and match, etc.

What we're players doing in 2014 that held their attention so much more than what we are getting now? Breeding kubrows?

Edited by Hypernaut1

Rebecca herself confirmed the content draught in the last devstream. I do love warframe but if u see last year we had octavia quest, chains of harrow quest and poe in September which thrusted warframe in a new direction. This year we got the only good thing Umbra quest and mods. Some people might add onslaught thats it. 

11 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Not saying there wasn't any, just that people should stop whining about it and realise that good things take time and that if they don't have anything else to do, then they should just play another game while they wait for Fortuna. 

It's like those powercreep addicts asking for "endgame" that they'll just cheese anyway so they can ask for more "endgame" end so on. Remember when Sorties came out? Supposed to be a challenge. Nowadays people just Maim/Spin2win/etc. through them within minutes and complain about the reward for "such a hard mission". Same with ESO. Yet DE still added stuff that can be pretty challenging. It's just that those people don't care because it doesn't fit their own definition of "endgame" and "challenge". 

Here, people ignore stuff like the many reworks, rebalances, tweaks and additions to the game because they feel like it's not enough, even tho DE is working on the biggest bunch of content they ever had to make for one update. They see the facts, but they don't accept the reasons. That's why we got so many of these threads beating the squeleton of the dead horse that is "content drought". 

As you said, DE  admitted that there was indeed less content than usual. Not that there was nothing, but less. "Content drought" is just a highly over-dramatic nickname for the actual situation. Still, even if they did admit it, we see those threads more than daily, so this argument can work both ways. 

The best solution woud be to just stop beating the ashes of the dead horse (poor bones, got beaten to dust already) and look towards the future. Ok that sounds cliché, but still. We got the Mainline coming, Fortuna Soon tm, so people should stop complaining about that. This way, people will stop arguing with them. Simple. I'm not saying they don't have the right to say so, but we already know everything there is to know about it, so there isn't any point in talking about it even more. And besides, I still haven't seen any thread stating the opposite (the OP I mean), so those "Content drought" threads are pretty much the reason why this horses is in such a bad sha- it's gone. The wind took away the ashes...

they used the exact words "content drought" in the dev stream. you can write all the paragraphs you want dancing around and trying not to admit it. in the end DE them selves admitted it and you and the rest seem to be so insanely against admitting it.