Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Slots....90 not enough

(PSN)SCHEISER

So 90 slots seems like it'd be enough to hold all of your rivens but I am running out of space.  I've even given some really good ones to clan mates to make room.  If trade chat on consoles wasn't do bad I could trade them but would rather play the game....   

Am I the only thinking we should be able to buy more slots...?

il y a 38 minutes, (PS4)SCHEISER a dit :

So 90 slots seems like it'd be enough to hold all of your rivens but I am running out of space.  I've even given some really good ones to clan mates to make room.  If trade chat on consoles wasn't do bad I could trade them but would rather play the game....   

If you had more slots, what would happen? You would probably run out of space again sooner or later, and ask for more. Back to square one. How much would be enough?

il y a 36 minutes, GnarlsDarkley a dit :

This again?

There are millions of threads about this topic

If you don't want to read about or discuss riven slots issues, why are you doing here? The title clearly states what the thread is about and no one is forcing you to read or comment in it.

47 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

If you don't want to read about or discuss riven slots issues, why are you doing here? The title clearly states what the thread is about and no one is forcing you to read or comment in it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)SCHEISER said:

The question posed by the OP would be answered by using the handy Search function on the forums wherein you can put words into the box and it looks for other topics with those words in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that there was an original max capacity with the official line that it wouldn't be increased, but then it was. If that's accurate then it would be reasonable to assume it could and probably will happen again because riven slots equalls cash money for DE. 

Yes there will always be players who are never content with whatever the max capacity is but that's fair enough because that's how they play the game and it is in DE's interests to find a way to keep players acquiring and buying rivens. 

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's because DE doesn't want us collecting a Riven for every weapon because then we'd have no reason to invest in platinum to buy Rivens at the outrageous prices they're at right now. (especially for the "popular" weapons). Because if you have at least 1 for every weapon, you'd have no reason to ever invest in them again. (You'd just shell out tons of plat for Resource Boosters for farming Kuva).

I personally would like to collect a Riven for most weapons (eventually), but having 90 total slots makes that a bit difficult. I know it isn't a problem of server load / storage space because they've upgraded their hardware immensely since the days we were limited to 60 slots.

I don't really know why Riven slots even exist. The system is already an unbalanced mess, and it's literally all you see in Trade Chat nowadays. I don't see adding extra capacity being a detriment any more than Rivens already are to Warframe's platinum economy.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Riven slots exist because a Riven mod consumes a lot more space when compared to a traditional mod. It has a number of stats, each with its own custom value.Each one is like a unique mod that requires a dedicated database entry, instead of being just a counter to "how many of this mod you have, at which level" (which is a much smaller database entry). 

I also agree that 90 is becoming too few. I'd be happy with DE bumping the limit to 180.

Edited by BrazilianJoe

3 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

yes there are a million threads about this.

-because the demand still goes unfulfilled

so Keep making new threads and keep letting DE know we still want it

I'm going to refer you to this:

On 2018-10-12 at 1:49 PM, WhiteMarker said:

Major question to ask:
How many of these rivens do you use regularly?
Do you use all of your rivens on a regular basis? I don't think so. And that's where the story ends.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I'm going to refer you to this:

Pretty much all of them

I enjoy variety and rotate through many odball non-meta weapons, hence my need for many many rivens so that my many different weapons can be viable at high levels.

Now if all I did was play meta and only have a single OP loadout then certainly riven slots wouldn't be a problem; but that's boring.

On 2018-10-12 at 9:49 PM, WhiteMarker said:

Major question to ask:
How many of these rivens do you use regularly?
Do you use all of your rivens on a regular basis? I don't think so. And that's where the story ends.

Imagine you have 90 god rivens. Would you want to sell any of them? Would you care whether you use the weapon much or not? It doesn't matter how often people use 'em. These are unique items you can't get anywhere else. People don't like to throw them away. Ever. Only infinite storage would really be "enough".

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

Just now, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Imagine you have 90 god rivens. Would you want to sell any of them? Would you care whether you use the weapon much or not? It doesn't matter how often people use 'em. These are unique items you can't get anywhere else. People don't like to throw them away. Ever.

Cool story.
But that's not DE's fault. That's the people's fault. If they don't want to get rid of rivens, they have to live with the consequences.
I mean the limit is well known. It's not like DE didn't tell us how many rivens we can have and made it a surprise.

Fact is, DE can not just upgrade the riven slots, or they don't want to do that.
If nothing of this was the case, then DE would have already upgraded the amount of slots. But they didn't.
So don't expect this to change any time soon. Just live with the limit. If you can't do that, than man up and face the fact that it's your fault and not DE's (as I already said)

On 2018-10-12 at 9:46 PM, (PS4)SCHEISER said:

Keep in mind there are more new weapons incomming with the Fortuna update .

Edited by Spectre-8

I don't see a gameplay reason to cap rivens. It's not like it means you can equip more and it doesn't make you more powerful than some one who has a single set of rivens. Also rivens can take allot of  time and effort so it would be sad to give them up even if the weapon isn't very good.  As for practical reasons such as memory do rivens really take that much more space than a weapon which have an unlimited cap?

5 hours ago, Solarsyphon said:

I don't see a gameplay reason to cap rivens. It's not like it means you can equip more and it doesn't make you more powerful than some one who has a single set of rivens. Also rivens can take allot of  time and effort so it would be sad to give them up even if the weapon isn't very good.  As for practical reasons such as memory do rivens really take that much more space than a weapon which have an unlimited cap?

As posted above rivens have numerous values so they take up a lot more database space than regular mods which are probably hard-coded than having their stats in the database. I did a calculation recently based on a guess on how the riven data is structured, using the smallest database values (in terms of storage size) for stats/data and one riven for each player. The answer was in gigabytes. Given how unlikely I am at actually getting the database riven structure right and that the smallest values are definitely not enough and the 90 riven cap I could easily see there being a terabyte or more of riven data alone in the DB.

A terabyte doesn't seem like much in terms of storage these days but remember that is rivens alone. Yes we do pay for those extra slots but it is a one-off cost vs the monthly cost of keeping the database running not to mention hardware replacements so rivens are very likely to be the most expensive thing in the game in terms of the cost to DE. Limiting them is logical really.

With the shear amount of weapons in this game with more to come, 90 slots isn't enough.

If you're a collector or a seller/buyer 90 slots will never be enough.

If you've given up on rivens or aren't part of the above group, then you probably think 90 slots is fine. Hell I forgot how many slots we start with but I'll guess 18. Just to get to 90 you'd have to spend 1440 plat which most people will never do.

Personally I think the slots are too expensive for there to be a limit on them like that. There have been enough feedback threads to explain how to optimize the system.

Easiest way I see is to do away with the random number spread for each stat. It's a pointless layer of literal random number generation that allows for rivens of the same name to not be equal and more than likely take up more storage space.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

With the shear amount of weapons in this game with more to come, 90 slots isn't enough.

If you're a collector or a seller/buyer 90 slots will never be enough.

If you are one of these guys then no amount will ever be enough.
And do you know how we call someone who doesn't like such limits? A hoarder.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

Personally I think the slots are too expensive for there to be a limit on them like that. There have been enough feedback threads to explain how to optimize the system

So if they raised the limit, the price for slots should go down?
Because that's what you are saying...
But why would that happen? Why would DE lower the price, if the limit gets higher?

And btw. did you ever think maybe once that the limit is there to limit the players. So people have to think about what weapon should get a riven?
Maybe DE wants that limit to stay.
The whole idea of Rivens was that "bad" weapons become a bit better. So that people play weapons they like, not just because of their power, but because of the features of these weapons.
But the players think of Rivens just as a necessity for more power. People think they need Rivens to do anything.
And because of that flawed way of thinking we get all these threads about the slot-limit.
If people used Rivens the way DE intented, then 90 slots would be way, way, way more then enough.

But as I said, people like being hoarders, and that's why people claim that 90 slots aren't enough.

The only thing that needs to change, is that people should still be able to do Sorties, even if they have reached the riven-limit.
And if these people then get a Riven, then they have to decide which Riven they want to keep.
But DE doesn't need to change the limit. Just the people need to change their mindset.

Edited by WhiteMarker

15 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

But that's not DE's fault. That's the people's fault. If they don't want to get rid of rivens, they have to live with the consequences.

Are you serious right now?

Fact is, DE can not just upgrade the riven slots, or they don't want to do that.

So? You're supposed to roll over and pretend that whatever they do is ok? Like they're gods or smth? Cause that's exactly how you sound.

So don't expect this to change any time soon. Just live with the limit. If you can't do that, than man up and face the fact that it's your fault and not DE's (as I already said)

Jesus. What's wrong with you, man?

1 minute ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Are you serious right now?

Yes, I am serious.
The limit is well known. It's easy to get around it. Just sell one or two Rivens. If you want the limit to hold you back, then it's fine. But as I said, not DE's fault.

2 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

So? You're supposed to roll over and pretend that whatever they do is ok? Like they're gods or smth? Cause that's exactly how you sound.

Best part of your post. Sounds like DE is committing a crime...

3 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Jesus. What's wrong with you, man?

Right back a you, kiddo. What's wrong with you? ^^