Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that we are orphans and space mom is a traitor, should we redeem/restore sanity to Stalker as a new, opposing faction leader?

BrazilianJoe

I was thinking. 

DE has years ago made a PvP where the player could play as Stalker in a Tennocon. It never made into th main game though.

Now that the New War is coming, the Tenno are now orphan and the purple fake space mom is increasing off-putting and off-topic. 

Why should we keep following her clues? Why do we still use her semblance in a cephalon-generated simulation?

I think the Tenno should reconsider what the Stalker has been saying all along, and try to find his reservoir - not to kill him, but to talk and understand. 

We need a new leader.

War is coming.

1 minute ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Now that the New War is coming, the Tenno are now orphan and the purple fake space mom is increasing off-putting and off-topic. 

Why should we keep following her clues? Why do we still use her semblance in a cephalon-generated simulation?

Because we still don't know what happened, or what will happen.

I think the Tenno should reconsider what the Stalker has been saying all along, and try to find his reservoir - not to kill him, but to talk and understand. 

Yeah... but Stalker wants to kill us. So why would he want to "help" us?

6 minutes ago, (PS4)EpICFreeDoMZz said:

While this is a good idea in concept it would require hours upon hours of dialogue to be rerecorded, changed and added and it probably wouldn't bring in much revenue for DE

If you have a new leader, a quest  and a bunch of additional exclusive stuff to the Stalker leader faction, yes you get a bunch of opportunities to spend plat on. 

Previous audio and stalker mechanics would not be thrown out, it would still be used before the player reaches the required quest to unlock the option to change factions.

If you have a new leader, a quest  and a bunch of additional exclusive stuff to the Stalker leader faction, yes you get a bunch of opportunities to spend plat on. 

Previous audio and stalker mechanics would not be thrown out, it would still be used before the player reaches the required quest to unlock the option to change factions.

Are you asking for him to take the lotus' role as the person who talks to us during missions or work like a syndicate? I wouldn't mind a quest to flesh him out a bit but if he were to take over lotus that's a lot of dialogue to replace I can't see a few cosmetics and other items bringing in too much money compared to other things like open world's, prime accesses ect

17 minutes ago, (PS4)EpICFreeDoMZz said:

While this is a good idea in concept it would require hours upon hours of dialogue to be rerecorded, changed and added and it probably wouldn't bring in much revenue for DE

The would bring them enough revenue in the long run because new content gives players a reason to play and keep investing in stuff

nobody gonna mention Teshin? if he weren't tied to the neglected PvP mode, he'd be even more awesome. he's like our space dad. sure he worked for the Queens, but that was because of an old Orokin Oath that was BS anyaway, and sure he showed us some tough love in the War Within by almost feeding us to the golden maw, but you know he just wanted us to grow stronger, which we have now. I'd love him to ultimately replace fake Lotus as our guide. he's got a much smoother voice and is just generally more badass.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

nobody gonna mention Teshin? if he weren't tied to the neglected PvP mode, he'd be even more awesome. he's like our space dad. sure he worked for the Queens, but that was because of an old Orokin Oath that was BS anyaway, and sure he showed us some tough love in the War Within by almost feeding us to the golden maw, but you know he just wanted us to grow stronger, which we have now. I'd love him to ultimately replace fake Lotus as our guide. he's got a much smoother voice and is just generally more badass.

Totally. Go team Teshin!

45 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

I was thinking. 

DE has years ago made a PvP where the player could play as Stalker in a Tennocon. It never made into th main game though.

We need a new leader.

War is coming.

Nothing to understand...just that our actions have consequences... :laugh:

Would be interesting if we could do to him what we did to Umbra...take away his pain and add him to our collection. Or maybe he could retain his sentience and become an ally instead?

Still gonna fight to get SpaceMom back though. We don't actually know that she's betrayed us (yet). For all we know she could be working to derail her parents' plans...

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

He's given us the same spiel that Mother's given Lotus. Right down to the words. "They seduced you." "The Lotus seduced the Tenno." I'll fight in his Conclave, but I don't trust him to lead.

4 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Nothing to understand...just that our actions have consequences... :laugh:

Would be interesting if we could do to him what we did to Umbra...take away his pain and add him to our collection. Or maybe he could retain his sentience and become an ally instead?

Still gonna fight to get SpaceMom back though. We don't actually know that she's betrayed us (yet). For all we know she could be working to derail her parents' plans...

I feel that Stalker as an ally is almost inevitable at this point. He's angry at us because we killed the Orokin. If Ballas - an Orokin - winds up on our side for one reason or another, Stalker will too. Though not without a fight I imagine. Possibly between him and Umbra - I get the feeling he and Umbra are somehow connected. Same base model which was introduced as part of the start of the first act trilogy and Umbra was at the end...

Seriously, imagine an Umbra vs Stalker fight which you have to try to stop without somehow killing either participant. That would be an interesting setpiece.

Most of the Operators endured unspeakable horrors while trapped in the Void and for some of us, it related to our parents directly.

...Only to have that compounded as prisoners once we finally left Void space.

The Lotus was never our Mother.

The Lotus was our leader and gave direction to the path that allowed us to live and live free... We got suckered.

...We were pawns but with the truth out we have the chance to be promoted to whatever we want.

We are now individuals with our own senses of values and there are Syndicates and factions in existence that can help us achieve them. As such, The Lotus serves no purpose, imo.

I would very much prefer to get my mission guidance from anything other than The Lotus or it's current simulacrum... Whether it be Ordis, Teshin, or Random Syndicate Pilot #6—I'm good with it.

I don't need a parent...I need entities that respect each other as equals and are worthy enough to call allies.

As to The Stalker...

The Stalker has sided with the group most eager to destroy what he held so important in order to destroy who he felt was to blame. 

The Stalker, and his Acolytes are, put simply, mis-guided fools imo...And there are always people eager to follow mis-guided fools unfortunately.

I've been saying it for days.  We need to fully restore Ordis's memories and put him in a new body.  We're also going to have to make peace with Worm since we killed mommy dearest, but she's the only leader that the Grineer have right now and they're all engineered to be loyal to her so....

Firstly,  you might wanna edit your title to "We need a leader (spoilers)". 'Cause you basically spoiled Second Dream, Apostasy, Sacrifice, and Chimera all in one go. Good job.

Secondly, Stalker strikes me as a non-tenno who used Transference, similar to Archemedian Amaryn (The Silver Grove). IE, there is no "tenno" behind the Stalker and his acolytes. Lacking the benefit of cryosleep and effectively being trapped in a transference loop, he's gone mad. Probably was originally some true believer in the Orokin regime, which is why he's become what he has become.

Thirdly, the "leader" you're looking for is likely going to be a counsel of the different factions we have in-game, with the player themselves as "elected" leader (with the player "disagreeing"- I'm fully expect a "Why is everyone looking at me?" moment). I'm basing this off of story trajectory being one of  and the comments Ballas made in Chimera.

You the same guy from last thread saying we needed some leader?

Edited by Eirshy

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

We are now individuals with our own senses of values and there are Syndicates and factions in existence that can help us achieve them. As such, The Lotus serves no purpose*, imo.

*that can't be filled by someone else

2 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

*that can't be filled by someone else

*That is that

2 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

We are now individuals with our own senses of values

Values form direction and Direction assigns purpose.

Assuming The Lotus was a reliable compass for where our purpose should lie is how we've wound up in the mess we are in now.

We went from tools used by the Orokin to put down one wayward creation to becoming tools used by that creation to put the Orokin down instead...Only to have, in turn, become tools used by that same group to bat cleanup on the factions currently controlling the Origin system.