Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Tenno "bringing balance" actually an idiotic move on the solar system war, and a farce created by the lotus/natah?

birdobash

Since year 1 everyone has been saying we are the bad guys...

Spoiler

(Side Note: 50/50 that it was the Tenno's free will, or Ballas hitting the button on his version of Order 66 for his grand revenge while the kids got put in hyper sleep and their memories wiped and the Warframes went berserk without them on the Orokin.)

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Lowk721 said:

If they could get the syndicates or rather three of the syndicates to play nice they'd have something akin to that. Steel meridian could act as a peacekeeping force. Perrin would help guide economics. And the Arbiters might be able to act as a judicial system.

Problem is... could the Tenno keep the Syndicates from becoming Corrupt?

For one, the Tenno are divided about their loyalties to the Syndicates. So it might wind up that the two groups wind up going to war with each other. And that could lead to an even greater threat - sure, people aren't at risk of being oppressed for the time being, but basically any colony the fighting moves to will wind up a uninhabitable ruin because a Tenno Civil War could lead to immense amounts of collateral damage, as we do now. Except, this time, potentially bringing Civilians into the line of fire, since the Syndicates generally seem to set up shop in Civilian areas, which they'd especially need to do to seize control from any Grineer or Corpus Remnants.

The second thought is that would the Syndicates respect their new power? Sure, Glast's a nice guy, and can run the relatively small Perrin Sequence. But I doubt he could run the entire economics of the system solo, which would mean he'd need a lot of help. And the Perrin Sequence is still made up of Corpus. And I don't think I need to suggest why giving New Loka or the Red Veil positions of power could lead to very poor consequences. Even the Arbiters consider the Tenno a higher form of life, so they'd likely give them higher rights than non-Tenno.

And again, the Infestation. Right now, there's an uncountable number of hives sitting on planets that the Tenno have no way to document, that the Corpus and Grineer are monitoring and dealing with. We see this in the Ghoul fragments - Corpus regularly deal with Infested hives all over Venus and presumably the Grineer do the same. So, minus the groups monitoring them and constantly keeping them in check, and innumerable outbreaks could occur simultaneously. Syndicates wouldn't have time to get all the documentation to get rid of the Infestation before outbreaks occurred. We go and cauterise any outbreak that gets out of control, but there are still many that are in control, that would cease to be so if we smashed the Grineer and Corpus. That'd at least throw a wrench in the works of putting the Syndicates in power.

I know what I am. I'm a mercenary for hire. I offer my sword (amongst other things) to the highest bidder. Lotus probably picked up on the fact that we care as little about the "balance of the system" as we do the burnt remains of dead infested we make Ordis scrape off our warframes each day. 

6 часов назад, Zanoza-chan сказал:

"Huge" doesn't mean "can contain millions". Maybe you just can't truly imagine what "million of people alive and wanting to eat and drink every freaking day" means.That is a lot, A LOT of space for people, for supply stockpiles, etc.

And if even that ship contained million of civillians - how many of them were 12-15 years old children?

In case of Zariman it pretty much does. It was the ship supposed to colonize the entire Tau system. Now my turn to ask you if you truly imagine what colonizing a star system is. How many people do you need for at least one planet, even flourishing, for your colony not to degrade into stone age. Literally millions. And how many were children. Take one third. You need children to build a colony. So, at least more than a million tenno we are.

Just because there's one big Corpus ship is near the planet on the starchart doesn't mean it's the only Corpus ship. That is schematic. Yes, they're big, but multi-purpose space ship isn't a car, most of its inner space isn't a living or stockpile space - it's engines, systems, fuel tanks, in case of Corpus it's also robotics maintaining sites etc etc.

Don't think i'm an idiot, ok. I didn't suppose it was a single ship from looking on the starchart. There is a quote in Cephalon fragments:

The icy moon of Jupiter, known as Europa, is home to one of the largest crash sites of the modern war. The scattered remains of a vast Corpus Obelisk litters the snowy landscape while the above wages on. On the otherwise lifeless surface, Corpus crew work to recover lost assets, tunneling their way through the glacial interior and restoring any and all salvageable items until financial loses are recouped.

Again, one huge Corpus Obelisk.

Next time please bother looking for ingame lore before arguing.

Which can be damaged by 4 tenno for something like 0,05% of its core integrity at once, huh.

Nevertheless they were destroyed. And by the way, as @Flandyrll said, gameplau not necessary translate into lore.

Only by getting so close so literally any assassin with good gun could do the same. Yea, Queens had some tricks in their sleeves (cough staff cough), but they're nearly as vulnerable as any politician made of flesh and blood.

Ehm, no. Cause little to no one can defeat a dax soldier, especialy such a legendary one as Teshin. The Queens thought they were ready to anything. Yet we managed to kill the older one.

As for Bek's ship, planning is important, however the executing of the plan is as important I hope you understant. The tenno were the only force capable of dealing with ambulas transportation site as well as with the ship guarding it.

6 часов назад, Flandyrll сказал:

Game events does not necessarily translate to lore though. We might just be running 3 missions against a Formorian to take it down but what is being written in the story development could be an assault that happens over multiple days with all the Tenno's forces. Meawhile, the Grineer Queen and the Ambulas Project is mostly created by circumstances from the lore rather than just Tenno being able to go in and destroy it.

All the details we get from Transmissions, etc will always warn us about how certain enemies are extremely dangerous, especially towards the scale of the war but within gameplay, we can usually mow them down as if they were nothing. Even between NPCs, these enemies are often not particularly strong. You have to understand that there is a disconnect between the universe lore and actual gameplay for practical reasons. 

A good example is the Gustrag 3 and Zanuka, known to hunt and capture Tennos. From a pure story standpoint, they would be able to take down an entire Squad of Tenno but from a gameplay standpoint, that would be incredibly punishing. So in the story context, no 500 Tenno does not mean destroying an entire Fomorian Fleet without a costly battle.

I understand that there is a disconnection. However it is a fact that the Grineer have build a massive fleet consisting of several collossal ships with sole purpose of destroying the Relays, and the tenno managed to defeat it. That's what i was referring to, not to how many warframes can destroy a Fomorian, it is of course can be a gameplay assumtion as well as the power of G3 or Zanuka.

In case with G3 and Zanuka btw, there is also a fact: they defeated several squads of tenno, then were taken down themselves by more experienced tenno warriors. I wouldn't try for example proving that they can come back to life after we defeated them yet this is what we see ingame.

27 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

I understand that there is a disconnection. However it is a fact that the Grineer have build a massive fleet consisting of several collossal ships with sole purpose of destroying the Relays, and the tenno managed to defeat it. That's what i was referring to, not to how many warframes can destroy a Fomorian, it is of course can be a gameplay assumtion as well as the power of G3 or Zanuka.

In case with G3 and Zanuka btw, there is also a fact: they defeated several squads of tenno, then were taken down themselves by more experienced tenno warriors. I wouldn't try for example proving that they can come back to life after we defeated them yet this is what we see ingame.

But not without a cost though which is the key point. We lost some relays, whether scripted or not, it has basically set the precedent that within the game's lore, the Tenno faction does not have the capability to fully repel a heavy Grineer conquest.

Never being given a glimpse of the full picture, acting on nothing but faith and faith alone we are told our actions bring balance. But what is balance? Who determines what the measure of balance is?

And so we meddle. We pick sides, we wage campaigns, we become gods. Gods who are feared. Gods who fuel an arms race among the native factions of the Sol System. And so we suppress them. Not out of hubris but out of love. Love for our benevolent Lotus who whispers into our ears that we are doing good and that we are doing that which is right.

But balance never comes. Balor Fomorians raze the relays, Corpus research leads to new horrors and we push an old and bitter foe to make a deal with the devil in a desperate attempt to stop us.

Then the strings are cut and the puppets are set free. Yet the puppets continue to act as though we were on the same strings that bound us before.And who is safer? Where is the balance? 

We were used. Acting like an invasive predator we destabilized an ecosystem and caused chaos. We sought out and destroyed anything that could potentially become a threat to our supremacy. A threat to the Lotus.

A threat to Natah....

19 minutes ago, Raso719 said:

And so we suppress them. Not out of hubris but out of love. Love for our benevolent Lotus who whispers into our ears that we are doing good and that we are doing that which is right. 

Second dream reveals the reason behind the Tenno's action. Love for the Lotus isn't one of the choices. That's why they trust Lotus to help them but there is actual personal reasons for why Tenno fight and do what they do.

19 minutes ago, Raso719 said:

Yet the puppets continue to act as though we were on the same strings that bound us before.

Because they weren't strings. They were self imposed goals and desires. Like this one.

It was a shadow underneath what we did. A sensation of being a victim, of being helpless. I took up the sword to protect those in need.

We can even see shades of thier goals reflected in quest missions. Inaros protecting the Colonist. Or Limbo going beyond in the search of knowldge.

People keep trying to get philosophical about Natah they fail take into account the motives of the "puppets" and pass blame. Tenno don't do what they do because of Natah. The Lotus did what she did because of the Tenno.

She wanted to help them like a mother beleives she should. The problem however got more complicated when her parents came home and put thier foot down.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

29 минут назад, Flandyrll сказал:

But not without a cost though which is the key point. We lost some relays, whether scripted or not, it has basically set the precedent that within the game's lore, the Tenno faction does not have the capability to fully repel a heavy Grineer conquest.

Pretty much what I meant to say. Even if we could, we are not capable of this thanks to our scattered forces.

While I think that yes, prolonging the war is bad, we're also the key to keeping any one from winning the war.

All of those events we've taken care of? Bursas and whatnot?

If we didn't do those, X faction would come out ahead of the others and begin to take full control of the Sol System.

While it's bad we're prolonging the war, we're also preventing even larger losses I think.

10 hours ago, birdobash said:

War is never good, it's always better if a side wins or if both sides come to an agreement, but in this case both the grineer, corpus, and infested have an infinite resource of military power, which is something different than any real wars that have happened in reality. This means that sides coming to an agreement is not something that would plausibly happen, meaning one of the 4 sides must win this war. It can't be infested because they destroy everything they touch, it can't be Grineer because they are a military dictatorship which ALSO destroy everything they touch. The best resulting winners of the war must be Corpus or Tenno.

We are the agreement. We are the ceasefire. We will be the victory. 

Take a stroll in our relays. We have Grineer, Corpus, old Dax, sentients and yes even infested elements collaborating for the singular purpose that we represent. 

But we cannot force people to join us. They must be those individuals who see us as their best option, who are willing to collaborate, who will help us to win the war against all our common foes. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Lowk721 said:

Trying to win a war against foes that can easily replenish their stock as fast or faster than you can mow them down is an idiotic move. Even worse is trying to take down one and letting the other grow even further beyond now that they don't have competition holding them back. You'd need a plan to simultaneous win the war against both sides.

And it hasn't been three force since syndicates were introduced. Grineer and Corpus just happen to be the most dominant forces. The red veil operates in a similar to the Tenno minus the power to bring down tyranny. The Meridian does the same job of fighting for the little guy. The Perrin seek to bring order to the system.

Technically speaking helping them lessen the Corpus and Grineer to there level could be a way to "win" without creating a power vacuum any one side could capitalize on. 

This contradicts the efforts he went to get her back, kill the Tenno; as well as the fact they seem to repeatedly have to remind her how the tenno changed her and want her to come back to them. Hell even after turning back to them they are still feeding her the same BS to reinforce their control over her. If she never turned there would be no need for that much convincing.

Also they literally reduced the sol system to a little more than colonies, struggling refugees, pirates. Very few people had access to any of the high-tech like the ships due to needing to be a certain high class of Orokin. Had she actually never turned she would've killed the Tenno instead of safeguarding them. She would've just let the moon collapse killing them all. She wouldn't have brought several factions with additional resources to help reinforce the tenno and themselves. If anything the Lotus literally created a fall back for the tenno should they ever need additional help.

If they could get the syndicates or rather three of the syndicates to play nice they'd have something akin to that. Steel meridian could act as a peacekeeping force. Perrin would help guide economics. And the Arbiters might be able to act as a judicial system.

And New Loja would be the lobby fighting against GMO? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lowk721 said:

She wanted to help them like a mother beleives she should. The problem however got more complicated when her parents came home and put thier foot down.

I partly agree. 

The Tenno may of had their own goals but the Lotus guided them along a path she promised would help us reach those goals. The various events and special operations that changed the system were all events The Lotus wished we interfere in and usually with 1 or 2 options for how to resolve the conflict. We may set the goal but she sets the path and we must trust the path leads where we want it to.

The interesting thing about Warframe's story is it's very meta. WE are the Tenno. Our Warframes are controlled by US. Even with the introduction of "The Operator" the meta of the story is that we control The Operator who controls the Warframe... It's a game that knows it's being played. This may or may not be an accidental byproduct of seeming making stuff up as they go or it may be a calculated execution but either way the game's story banks heavily on this meta. Another meta part of the story, one which mirrors Spec Ops The Line, is how the game can not progress until you, the player, achieve the stated objective. You are on rails but you are also the rail. "Next" can not exist until you consent to it existing. Thus, we follow the objectives, like we are told to. We do the next thing because we were told to do the next thing and e keep doing the next thing until there are no more things to do. As a gamer we expect that each objective needing completion is intended to reward us, either with loot or with story progression or world building or roleplaying opportunities or what have you. Objectives are good. Completing objectives means we did a good. But what if it didn't? What if we only did what we were told because we expected it to be a good thing, a rewarding thing, only to eventually discover that your actions have had vast, negative consequences? 

It is that meta that I believe the story of Warframe banks on. This idea that WE as the player do as we are told because that's how you play the game feeds the meta-narrative that WE as the Tenno are guided by The Lotus in order to give us direction and purpose. It takes the most basic principle of contemporary gameplay design (completing the next objective) and uses it to build a meta-narrative.

5 hours ago, mikakor said:

And New Loja would be the lobby fighting against GMO? 

There's a reason I only mentioned 3. That said, if there is some lasting character development brought on by the silver grove quest they might be less fanatical. And their main focus seems to be preserving life which would be good for earth.

5 hours ago, Raso719 said:

The Tenno may of had their own goals but the Lotus guided them along a path she promised would help us reach those goals. The various events and special operations that changed the system were all events The Lotus wished we interfere in and usually with 1 or 2 options for how to resolve the conflict. We may set the goal but she sets the path and we must trust the path leads where we want it to.

She's an infobroker/the options guy who acts as a center point for the system to call tenno aid. Many of the jobs she offers(not forces) are requested by clients or for the sake of the tenno faction. Such as helping colonist someway or even defending tenno operatives.

The "paths" are designed by those in need or threats to the Tenno themselves. Its up to the Tenno to decide which person to help using skills in a manner they've been using. The way Tenno do things are the methods they developed. Not Lotus. Lotus basically just briefs them on the situation.

5 hours ago, Raso719 said:

It is that meta that I believe the story of Warframe banks on. This idea that WE as the player do as we are told because that's how you play the game feeds the meta-narrative that WE as the Tenno are guided by The Lotus in order to give us direction and purpose. It takes the most basic principle of contemporary gameplay design (completing the next objective) and uses it to build a meta-narrative. 

The thing is, event missions, especially the later ones; give incentive to act beyond Lotus. They offer threats the tenno need to address because of factors they actually care about.

And plains incursions are a thing. What that shows that the Tenno can have completely disregard her intel and suggestion. This even happens in the story events.

She wasn't giving purpose. Tenno already have that. She's assisting that purpose in the best way she knows how.  By offering what they would want to do. An argument could be made the Tenno's wants were guiding her actions. That they were her purpose.

Ballas and Teshin think the lotus manipulated the Tenno like some on the forum speculate. Meanwhile the sentient parents think the Tenno are to blame for Natah being corrupted. Both side blame the other without taking much thought to the idea that neither had control over the other. Rather they were walking along the same path they were making together.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

7 hours ago, FATEdPondera said:

I know what I am. I'm a mercenary for hire. I offer my sword (amongst other things) to the highest bidder. Lotus probably picked up on the fact that we care as little about the "balance of the system" as we do the burnt remains of dead infested we make Ordis scrape off our warframes each day. 

Ooh, how edgy. Such a shame that such interpretations are not how the Tenno canonically are.

Hell the latest quest literally starts because we wanted to help Thursby with his debt with no expectation of payment.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Lowk721 said:

This contradicts the efforts he went to get her back, kill the Tenno; as well as the fact they seem to repeatedly have to remind her how the tenno changed her and want her to come back to them. Hell even after turning back to them they are still feeding her the same BS to reinforce their control over her. If she never turned there would be no need for that much convincing.

Also they literally reduced the sol system to a little more than colonies, struggling refugees, pirates. Very few people had access to any of the high-tech like the ships due to needing to be a certain high class of Orokin. Had she actually never turned she would've killed the Tenno instead of safeguarding them. She would've just let the moon collapse killing them all. She wouldn't have brought several factions with additional resources to help reinforce the tenno and themselves. If anything the Lotus literally created a fall back for the tenno should they ever need additional help.

Which is why it's such a great act.

Hunhow and Lotus cooperated at that point and the Tenno, being confused child soldiers are good puppets, they are also powerful enough to keep the other factions in check but small in numbers so in case the sentients would decide they are no longer needed and would take over, they would just try to get all or most Tenno in a large battle with the other factions and kill all the flies in one hit.

The biggest threats to their plans would cease to exist with that, but they aren't powerful enough to steamroll the remnants of all factions in that battle, or have the logistics to take over the Star Chart planets, yet.

Maybe they expect the Tenno to do this for them by activating the Solar rails while unlocking the Star Chart and stealing tech/info from the factions.

Maybe even Simaris and his Sanctuary Onslaught project is a part of that plan.

Here's what I see: As long as the two major factions are busy fighting each other and the Infested, they don't have time to focus too closely on the 'colonies' we keep hearing about but almost never see (like the Miconians, the Ostrons, and the unnamed colony in Kuva Assault missions).

This is likely why we never push the Grineer entirely off the Plains, too. Better to have Vay Hek distracted by the plains instead of pushing him somewhere else.

4 hours ago, kgabor said:

Which is why it's such a great act.

Hunhow and Lotus cooperated at that point and the Tenno, being confused child soldiers are good puppets, they are also powerful enough to keep the other factions in check but small in numbers so in case the sentients would decide they are no longer needed and would take over, they would just try to get all or most Tenno in a large battle with the other factions and kill all the flies in one hit.

The biggest threats to their plans would cease to exist with that, but they aren't powerful enough to steamroll the remnants of all factions in that battle, or have the logistics to take over the Star Chart planets, yet.

Maybe they expect the Tenno to do this for them by activating the Solar rails while unlocking the Star Chart and stealing tech/info from the factions.

Maybe even Simaris and his Sanctuary Onslaught project is a part of that plan.

This........really seems very conspiracy theory-esque. The Sentients don't seem like the type that would make a war harder for themselves, what good reason is there that instead of attacking when the system had no defenses, no major powers to cause trouble, and their biggest opposition were all asleep with no chance of fighting back, they would instead let 2 factions build up considerable strength to rival them AND have one of their own awaken their greatest enemy and back them up with 6 different supporting factions, knowingly causing themselves a decent chance at failure? The sentients have absolutely NO reason to want the Grineer or Corpus or any other faction having any kind of power, (the corpus potentially being the second biggest threat considering they're actively studying sentient corpses and may have developed countermeasures to them taking over tech) their entire M.O was the eradication of EVERYTHING Orokin, which-surprise,surprise-includes both of those factions (and the entirety of the Sol system for that matter), and even less to want Tenno be awake. And there's still far more evidence that Lotus has left unwillingy than not.

Edited by Atsia

On 2018-11-26 at 6:09 AM, birdobash said:

Spoilers ahead for anyone not past the second dream quest:

So I'm betting a lot of people have forgotten the main purpose of the Tenno were while we were under the command of the Lotus. Quoting her, our purpose is "to keep the balance of the solar system". Now the only times this is brought back up is invasions where you pick sides based on the rewards, but the premise is still there.

Now here's the deal, if we take a REAL look at this conflict between all these factions from an outsider's POV and not the tennos, this is clearly a solar system-wide war between Grineer, Corpus, and the Tenno.(infested dont count because they're more of a pandemic that indiscriminately attacks, or maybe they do count who knows)

Now the goals of 3 of the factions, Grineer, corpus, and infested is to win the war and be victorious. There is but one exception, the Tenno, Lotus clearly states that our goal is to "keep the balance", not to "win the war". But what does this really mean?? Keeping the balance? In actuality this is an idiotic move, because "keeping the balance" translates to "prolonging the war forever".

War is never good, it's always better if a side wins or if both sides come to an agreement, but in this case both the grineer, corpus, and infested have an infinite resource of military power, which is something different than any real wars that have happened in reality. This means that sides coming to an agreement is not something that would plausibly happen, meaning one of the 4 sides must win this war. It can't be infested because they destroy everything they touch, it can't be Grineer because they are a military dictatorship which ALSO destroy everything they touch. The best resulting winners of the war must be Corpus or Tenno.

Corpus are greedy, meaning they won't needlessly destroy everything although they may enslave many people. By far the best resulting winner of the war would be the Tenno, they are not selfish and heartless like all the other factions, even though they do have they're own faults. (like being literal kids with PTSD about they're parents dying)

So why, does the Lotus not command her all powerful godlike ninja Tenno army to absolutely crush the other factions? We know we have the capabilities, not even just gameplay wise, even storywise. A single Tenno was able to break into the Grineer queens base and KILL one of the queens, ONE TENNO! Was able to kill the headest of honchos of the faction with the supposed strongest military forces of the 3 other factions. Imagine what even 20 of them could do, they could probably wipe out an entire faction with just 20 of them. So why don't we?

The answer is simple, although the Tenno are powerful, we have shown to still be stupid kids too dependent on a parental figure, that of the Lotus. We haven't even realized because we can't think for ourselves, we explicitly try NOT to think for ourselves and would rather not have to pick decisions. Lotus/Natah has had us in the palm of her hand doing her bidding, and even as she betrays us over and over, we still try to save her sorry ass. EDIT: someone brought to attention that her goal was probably to have the Tenno prolong this war until the sentients could grow strong enough to overpower everyone, working as a double agent to avoid arousing suspicion from us.

Another quick thing, our "keeping the balance" has essentially ruined the lives of many people not affiliated with the 4 factions, such as the Kavor, Ostron, Solaris United/Fortuna workers. You get the gist of it, we should be trying to win this war, not prolong it by stalemating everybody involved. We are causing so much suffering in the world of Warframe.

Dude...have you never heard of "divide and conquer"?

We know from history that the one thing that can often unite divided factions is an even larger external threat that may take over all of them.

The one thing that could possibly unite the Grineer, Corpus and other surviving remnants of humanity (Infested presumably have no feelings either way) is the threat of another Sentient invasion.

While the Sentients would likely still win anyway, without an advanced (and organised) Orokin military to oppose them, having to fight all the factions at once would still be costly. Having the Tenno and their frames keep them weak and divided, makes it easier for the Sentients to pick off each one piecemeal.

Thats if you subscribe to the theory we are just pawns of the Lotus, who has actually betrayed us (either willingly or by force).

If you subscribe to the theory we are in fact the space ninja equivalent of UN Peacekeepers and Lotus / Natah still remembers she was / is our beloved Space Mom, then it makes sense to keep any one faction gaining too much power, since none of them are particularly benevolent. We aren't either (at least to anyone other than the Ostrons, Myconians, Solaris etc.) but we are the only protection they have from the other factions.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

On 2018-11-26 at 3:17 PM, Corvid said:

Ooh, how edgy. Such a shame that such interpretations are not how the Tenno canonically are.

Hell the latest quest literally starts because we wanted to help Thursby with his debt with no expectation of payment.

To be honest, the Tenno have so little canon representation that they function as little more than "pants" for the player to plug into. They have practically no personality beyond the pithy comments during a fight (which I have turned off), and the meager amount we see during quests. So, with that in mind, my Tenno would act exactly as I would: a genuinely apathetic mercenary with near God-like powers, a hair trigger, a short fuse, and a Tigris Prime that can take down anything short of a battle tank with both barrels. 

2 hours ago, FATEdPondera said:

To be honest, the Tenno have so little canon representation that they function as little more than "pants" for the player to plug into. They have practically no personality beyond the pithy comments during a fight (which I have turned off), and the meager amount we see during quests. So, with that in mind, my Tenno would act exactly as I would: a genuinely apathetic mercenary with near God-like powers, a hair trigger, a short fuse, and a Tigris Prime that can take down anything short of a battle tank with both barrels. 

Except that this outright contradicts one of the traits that they are known to have: Compassion.

11 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Except that this outright contradicts one of the traits that they are known to have: Compassion.

Meh. That just means that they'd feel a little bad about having had to shoot you and turn your corpse into radioactive dust. 

Which I totally always do. Unless they were in my way, or dropped loot I wanted, or if it looked kind of funny, or if it was an annoying tile set, or if I was testing a new weapon build, or if it was a Nox, or if it was one of the stupid plains Grineer shooting in my direction while I was killing an eidolon, or.....