Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only one focus tree may be active? But why?

Captain_Fronk

So I just found out that only your PRIMARY FOCUS TREE is actually active. Only understood that after spending more than 400k on my secondary tree. Which took me quite some time to farm btw.

So.

Give me just ONE reason why can't we have at least TWO trees active at the same time?

DE, cmon. What is this BS??

And by the way theres no indication whatsoever that secondary tree does NOTHING. It's like "Ok look, this one is Primary and that one is Secondary, keep farming, have fun".

At first I was so excited about this whole Focus farming idea and countless operator possibilities that could come with it but now... 😰

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dabluechimp said:

You can switch which tree is your primary
and you can also later down the line upgrade some passive skills to have effect with any focus tree

It's how it's labeled. "Secondary tree" implies that it will have an effect even if not primary. That means, OUTSIDE of the way bound nodes. I did the same mistake as OP because the game doesn't explain clearly.

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

It's how it's labeled. "Secondary tree" implies that it will have an effect even if not primary. That means, OUTSIDE of the way bound nodes.

Until u unlock all schools and realize there all secondary aside from the one primary. I see your point though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain_Fronk said:

oh yeah... btw remind me please how much would that cost me?

1,000,000 focus and a brilliant eidolon shard.

When you think about it like each Focu school being more like a Warframe, it makes sense why you can only have one active.

When laying out the plan for Focus and PoE, it sounded like, at least to me, that there would be nodes that connected each focus school, instead of only having two way bound passives. Maybe having nodes that are halfway points between each tree that give boosts that don't quite belong in one focus or the other? With a hard cap consisting of the Focus specific nodes and a handful of ambiguous nodes. That way one could mix and match some focus abilities. 

With the melee rework, how will Zenrik's Inner Might work? Extend duration of melee boost mode?

1 hour ago, Captain_Fronk said:

oh yeah... btw remind me please how much would that cost me?

well OP, we all farmed and grind our way to max all focus school and unlock all waybound. If 1 could do it 1,000,000 can do it too.

Good speed on you grind road tenno, those 1MM focus and eidolon sharp wont get farme on their own.

Edti: Oh also you need to FARM focus to unlock moar Space for nodes. 

Edited by xcenic

13 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

Cause unairu wisp and madurai void strike would be op

Then how about just nodes that connect to other focus schools? Giving buffs that aren't classed as any particular focus, but can applied to either one, like a node between Zenurik and Vazarin that enables the dash through a frame to give either a portion of health, or energy depending on the primary focus school, but with less efficiency. E.g. dash through frame gives few second invulnerability and energy is given to the frame about 50, with the additional bubble of energy, for Zenurik, or Health bubble for Vazarin, or some other combination.

Not letting pick and choose which focus nodes across focus schools.

but in the end we farm focus for some reason or just for fun?
i never used or gonna use vazarin, while i have all schools and skills unlocked and maxed

so why not let us choose 5 skills that in fact would benefit our gameplay instead of limiting us aside from waybounds?

you will never ever need or want to use all skills from one school so more sense would be if we could choose between skills we actually use/want?
like imagine if you could only put on your warframe vitality or steel fiber does that sound like fun or continuity or flow wouldn't that be stupid?

even the fact (FOR EXAMPLE) skill just before void strike Void Radiance 25 energy (not upgraded) / 50 energy (maxed) upon leaving void mode i feel pity for ppl who did not read description under it and just upgraded it because it was there, just why?

we should have option to select skills we use/need/want instead of being locked with useless garbage

i understand idea that we should CHOOSE and our choice should affect our gameplay style
but either we are locked with choice which will take away something from our experience
or we are free to choose skills not schools to make our experience better

Why i need to punish my self if i wanna have infinite energy supply with zenurik while loosing benefits of skills from other schools in favor of zenurik's lightning dash which is not worth it compared to other skills?

like i don't expect give option to choose which skills we can choose for free oh no
but give us some way to earn our way to have active skills from different schools at same time
for example like 10x shard which drops only from hydrolyst would be needed to active skill from different school in other school Would that be great?

• Like 1

My suggestion is to let us choose upgrades, or intermediate nodes that are between two focus schools, so that we can have some of the qualities of other focus(es?), not cherry pick nodes across the focus ways, and mix and match focus abilities. 

Madurai and Unairu: void dash: Strip a percentage of enemy armor, and gain either a madurai based boost, more damage, or armor stripping along flame trail, or percentage of armor removed is done as damage

Or (Mad & Unairu): Void blast: Fireball that can buff allies that pass through it, and damage over time, like the bombard napalm, to enemies.

Zenrik & Naramon(void dash): Energy sphere that can open enemies up to finishers, without the bonus finisher damage for Zenrik, and the wave aoe of Naramon giving allies some energy that it touches

Just ways that qualities can be added that don't fit into one focus or the other, but still boost the operator, but would still require one to unlock the base node of their primary Focus

Edited by TaurusDeRoma

A reason is each Focus school is meant to do a specific role. You either dash and get energy with Zenurik or restore health with Vazarin.

Being able to dash and regain health and energy at the same time is pretty cool though, if I can use 2 schools at the same time.

Or I can throw out fireballs and lightning at the same time with Void Blast

This is actually a really nice idea wth..

It's just a wording problem at this point.

Edited by Leafcoin

14 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Yea if they let you use multiple trees then I'd actually run something other than zenurik 99% of time.

Coz only useful schools now are zenurik ( and that's only coz it has one skill that is amazing, rest is pretty garbo ) and madurai for eidolon hunts.

Rest is just way too gimmicky and useless.

Unairu has its uses. You strip enemy armor, and decrease their damage output, and give operators a buff, the only problem being the rag-doll, but it does fill a good support role. The other schools are just very niche, they are best for specific roles, but tend to be rather clunky, like Protective dash, and Vazarin's frontal shield working off of damage amounts instead of taking armor and into account. Of course, I think these new nodes should only be accessible when one has unlocked all of a focus's ways, maybe excluding the way bounds.

The parts of the reason why there should be more upgrades between focus schools because of how focusing on one focus makes everyone default to Zenurik, making it the meta, and not experimenting with other focus schools, making operator game-play too monotonous when it comes to operator. By giving us more nodes, that aren't pure one focus or another, we'd get more abilities available for our Void devils, possible changing the meta to not be meta focus or bust. It'll also make the "Secondary" and "Primary" label more clear when selecting your focus, and unlocking new schools

Naramon saves you a mod slot on your melee which doesn't sound like much, but is worth a lot given how overcrowded the melee mod space is with highly useful/effectful mods. Typically you will have:

1. (Primed) Pressure Point
  2. Condition Overload
  3. Blood Rush
  4. Berserker or (Primed) Fury
  5. Organ Shatter
  6. (Primed) Reach
  7. (Primed) Elemental
  8. Combo counter or Elemental (usually to make corrosive) or Healing, etc.

That's all 8 mod slots filled with essentially mandatory mods. There are frames that do significantly better using melee because:

• They don't need corrosive on their weapon (because they can remove armour some other way).
  • They don't need zenurik for energy (because they don't need a lot of energy or can get it some other way, e.g. Rage).
  • They don't need healing on their melee (because the frame has healing).
  • They don't need range on their melee (because they can collect enemies in one spot).

Saryn, Trinity and Garuda are in a crazy place of being able to do without 3 of those things modded on their melee if they so choose.

• Like 1