Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Fanboys in a Rad Hazard Sortie !!

541K4T

A request to all those Meas Fanboys / Fangirls, please don't bring Mesa in a Rad-hazard sortie Exterminate / Mobile Defense / Defense. And if you really can't help it, then please play Solo, don't ruin others game intentionally or unintentionally by killing you teammates by joining pugs. And I post this because, apparently even some MR 25 guys don't know what Rad-Hazard does, which add fuels to the never-ending debate that MR means nothing but leveling up a substantial amount of Junks.

They know plenty well what it does, it's just the matter if they care or not. 
As long as no one gets proc'd by the area bubbles around it doesn't matter what you bring. 
Accidents happen, but also they just shrug it off cause they're going to see themselves as carrying you. 

Why only mesa, what about octavia, saryn, gara, ember, etc.? I'd say that it's quite easy to kill a friendly with a gun or a melee when rad procked.

Why not play solo so nobody ruins your day? 

In my oppinion, regardless of what you are using, being aware of your surroundings and knowing your frames kit is far more important.

Edited by PurrrningBoop

Or maybe you could't not join pugs.
If you join a public game, anything can happen. And you know that. So please, stop complaining.

And btw. There is an issue so that the clouds are invisible from time to time. Doesn't make things any better..

Edited by WhiteMarker

Or you could just play rad hazards in private matches rather than allowing yourself to be exposed to such players and ranting on forums about it.

Why complain about something that really is a non issue provided some common sense.

I often bring Mesa in Sorties when I want to (and you won't force anyone to do what you want), and most of the people randomly dying are people who are getting affected by Radiation, not me.

Clean your own mess, most of the times you're the faulty one.

Edited by Chewarette

Radiation hazard sortie = solo game. It's sad to say.. .but if you join a pug for radiation sortie then you can't point finger at anyone because knowing anyone has the potential to troll in radiation sortie. 

Also, not sure if I am the only one but those hazard bubbles have gone invisible for a long time and it's still not fix yet.

Edited by kyori

I quickly kill Irradiated team mates if they happen to be people like Excalibur, Mesa or Volt, then revive them. It is the best way to cancel their power spam nonsense because most of them won't take a hint or keep aware of their status procs. There is of course no point if it is an irradiated Saryn or Equinox.

If it is things like Exterminate, I just go solo, but for stuff like defense, I just bring a Phoenix Oberon. The team is quite careful to avoid hitting me and quick to revive me because when I go down they normally follow in quick succession.

Normally if I do shoot you in such Sorties by mistake I will revive you, unless you have been griefing the game and not careful - I will definitely team kill such people, repeatedly and ignore their whining.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Vesiga:

They know plenty well what it does, it's just the matter if they care or not. 

Some know, others don´t.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Chewarette:

and most of the people randomly dying are people who are getting affected by Radiation, not me.

Don´t matter if you get killed by teammates because you are affected by radiation or the guy killing you.

And btw, there are 2 types of radiation hazard. 1 with clouds and 1 where the whole map is under radiation and you get random procs.

16 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Don´t matter if you get killed by teammates because you are affected by radiation or the guy killing you.

And btw, there are 2 types of radiation hazard. 1 with clouds and 1 where the whole map is under radiation and you get random procs.

Well no.

Radiation Hazard sortie, with Radiation Clouds. Sometimes they're not visible, or hard to avoid, but in these cases you just have to be reactive and go hide somewhere.

Elemental Enhancement - Radiation sortie, which happens like twice a year, you may be subject to Radiation Status whenever you get hit. The whole point of Elemental/Physical Enhancement sorties is to avoid getting hit, as you're likely to die unless you're playing some immortal warframe.

In the second case, Mesa ensures that you won't get hit, because everyone in sight will be dead already, so it actually helps. In the first case, if you're getting Rad'ed in the plain line of sight of the Mesa at the moment she's Peacemakin' (which shouldn't last more than 2 seconds), then you're either unlucky or simply willing to die. But you won't repeatedly get killed by Mesa if you actually work your brain.

For sure there will forever be trolls in these Sorties affixes. If you can't deal with them, then :

- Solo this round

- Set up a group

- Protect yourself by stopping being a victim and pick Oberon/Nezha, so that you can protect yourself AND allies !

- Counter-troll the trolls 

Edit: honestly, Saryn is more often a problem than Mesa, because even if the Saryn is pro-active on Molt'ing out of Radiation, any spore spreading in that microsecond can be enough to kill you

Edited by Chewarette

vor 55 Minuten schrieb Chewarette:

Well no.

Radiation Hazard sortie, with Radiation Clouds. Sometimes they're not visible, or hard to avoid, but in these cases you just have to be reactive and go hide somewhere.

The last radiation hazard the whole level had a radiation hazard filter, so if this is not to be supposed this way, then it´s a bug, but I actually thought it´s a new kind of radiation hazard.

Woops, shouldn't have gone to that sortie with Mesa I guess, but I was a good boy and didn't TK anyone.

I take it I should cut some slack to the Revenant who was walking around in Dance Macabre and realized it was a Rad sortie only at extraction?

To make my point clear, it's not the frame's fault that the appliance behind the keyboard is a tool.

1 hour ago, Kuestenjung said:

The last radiation hazard the whole level had a radiation hazard filter, so if this is not to be supposed this way, then it´s a bug, but I actually thought it´s a new kind of radiation hazard.

Didn't notice that, that definitely sounds like a bug.

Even though I have to admit these missions would be way more challenging and potentially fun if we were just affected by Radiation status for the full mission !

Get downed once by friendly fire -- tell the others to watch their fire (it's not that hard to ignore a big red icon as well as radiation-specific SFX and VFX, unless, of course; you're Mesa where you will kill stuff before getting visuals/hearing sfx).

Get downed by friendly fire once again -- warn them that if they won't stop you won't hesitate to open fire.

Get downed again -- disengage, get a rad proc, find the friendly fire cause and eliminate it with your warframe/specter/sentinel/pet/operator. And then again, if neccessary.

Some people have issues with understanding, so let them learn it the hard way.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Thundervision:

Get downed once by friendly fire -- tell the others to watch their fire (it's not that hard to ignore a big red icon as well as radiation-specific SFX and VFX, unless, of course; you're Mesa where you will kill stuff before getting visuals/hearing sfx).

Get downed by friendly fire once again -- warn them that if they won't stop you won't hesitate to open fire.

Get downed again -- disengage, get a rad proc, find the friendly fire cause and eliminate it with your warframe/specter/sentinel/pet/operator. And then again, if neccessary.

Some people have issues with understanding, so let them learn it the hard way.

I hope you dont do that when you were the one being rad proc'd. Because that makes a big difference. IMO it's always the fault of the rad proc'd person.

Mesa? Gara basically breaks the game, but Rad Hazard is way too much fun tho. And come on, you already knew why people use those frames in Rad Hazard sorties. Of course people love the chance to PvP with normal abilities and mods equipped. 

4 hours ago, 541K4T said:

A request to all those Mesa Fanboys / Fangirls, please don't bring Mesa in a Rad-hazard sortie Exterminate / Mobile Defense / Defense. And if you really can't help it, then please play Solo, don't ruin others game intentionally or unintentionally by killing you teammates by joining pugs. And I post this because, apparently even some MR 25 guys don't know what Rad-Hazard does, which add fuels to the never-ending debate that MR means nothing but leveling up a substantial amount of Junks.

Interesting logic. "If you want to team kill, play solo".

I'm pretty sure the answer to your problem is for YOU to play solo. Why ruin it for other players because you don't want to participate in the fun? 

5 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I hope you dont do that when you were the one being rad proc'd. Because that makes a big difference. IMO it's always the fault of the rad proc'd person.

Well, I'm not perfect, either. I have no control over my pets/sentinel (other than running away as fast as possible) when I get rad-procced, but I do transference out to prevent myself from using abilities and weapons as well as dashing through nearby allies to grant them invulnerability when I can #VazarinForLife

I despise intentionally shooting anyone in public matches (unless playing with friends, heh).

Edited by Thundervision

vor 1 Minute schrieb Thundervision:

Well, I'm not perfect, either. I have no control over my pets/sentinel (other than running away as fast as possible) when I get rad-procced, but I do transference out to prevent myself from using abilities and weapons as well as dashing through nearby allies to grant them invulnerability when I can #VazarinForLife

This is why I never give my sentinel a weapon and either use Arcane Healing or frames that have built in status immunity.