Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disable Mining,fishing and Skate during bounty would be good

IgnatiuSgaming

4 minutes ago, IgnatiuSgaming said:

Don't ask me to get squad since recruit chat,noone want go bounty

Then do solo.

DE won't change it, since mining/fishing is a legit thing to do between 2 bounites.

Don't get me wrong, I was suggesting it several times as well (first some weeks after PoE) but DE ignores this issue

2 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

Just take screenshots that prove people are at a location known for something else and far away from the bounty and then report them to support.  It's a bit of a pain but it's what I do every-time someone is obviously leeching.

honestly your just wasting your time cause as long as they are doing an ingame designed activity and not trying to harm the objective by training unmanagable enemies in to make sure its failed they completely in thier right to play as they see fit and no action will be taken against them

2 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

Just take screenshots that prove people are at a location known for something else and far away from the bounty and then report them to support.  It's a bit of a pain but it's what I do every-time someone is obviously leeching.

That's what I do everytime but I keep find another one leech

17 minutes ago, -SR-Nellielsg said:

Fishing yes. mining should be enable within 50m of the objective.

This one is good suggestion but what about? Exterminate obj like killing? 

24 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Then do solo.

DE won't change it, since mining/fishing is a legit thing to do between 2 bounites.

Don't get me wrong, I was suggesting it several times as well (first some weeks after PoE) but DE ignores this issue

If solo better I rather play other game

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

honestly your just wasting your time cause as long as they are doing an ingame designed activity and not trying to harm the objective by training unmanagable enemies in to make sure its failed they completely in thier right to play as they see fit and no action will be taken against them 

https://imgur.com/z8k2r4t

Seems like a no brainer given how PoE turned out. Could even go a step further and split it into 3 modes;

Free Mode = Kdrive, mining, fishing etc.

Bounty Mode = rolling, nonstop, level appropriate bounties that scale up over time. No npc or travelling back to town. Simply leave at your leisure. Also hide all rewards until the end so people don't leave or leech mid-bounty. 

Town Mode = go to town . This needs to be separated from the loop so badly. Doing the elevator, leave group, get new bounty, elevator, lag, wait, OK repeat is frustrating. You actually spend more time idle than actually playing. This becomes especially infuriating when you have a leech boarder.

Edited by IIDMOII

"devs wont bother (lazy argument; can be applied to any topic)."

"waste of time (lazy argument; can be applied to any topic)."

"just report leecher (could do, but eventually ill run into another)."

"play solo (then it feels forced)."

"squad up (then it feels forced)."

"leechers are not an issue (they are)."

these are the six main arguments we get by bringing up this topic and they are getting extremely old. leechers are an issue because they are exploiting the games flaws to get extra loot/standing, which is intolerable in any game and should be addressed for the sake of polishing a player's experience. factors such as how often they appear or whether someone cares for the leecher on their squad does not matter because these arguments vary per person. saying that a person can play solo or with a squad proves that leechers have that much influence on the game mode to a point where they are forcing players to play solo or spend time finding a squad. saying that the devs wont bother or they are wasting there time are WEAK and LAZY arguments because these can be applied to any topic ever on the forum. these are flaws that draw people away which is always not a good thing.

i think disabling free-roam gear is always the better and simpler option because DE has disabled gear under certain conditions before. disabling vent kids standing would also not hurt anyone because, like archwing, you should only use K-Drives for travel while a bounty is active. to be safe, dont allow enemies to drop Toroids unless the bounty starts within the basses they drop on.

to be fair, once a bounty is chosen on a public session, all players who agreed to join the bounty should be sent to another session while the players who dont remain on the current session. there are players that like meeting others online through a public session on free roam maps, but they dont want to do bounties half the time.

ultimately, one of the games core mechanics is picking missions and committing to that mission. players dont pick bounties to fish, mine, preserve the wildlife, or perform tricks. or at least i hope they dont. they pick bounties to do that bounty.

On 2018-12-09 at 11:29 PM, IgnatiuSgaming said:

Again again again,everytime go public squad there is someone who just leech and go mining instead helping each other to finish bounty

(Don't ask me to get squad since recruit chat,noone want go bounty)

Not asking, suggesting.  (Or telling, depending on how you look at it)

But...make a team.  Seriously.  DE isn't going to restrict open world activities just because you don't find people to run bounties with. 

No luck with the in game recruit channel?  We got a recruit sub-forum here.  That not working?  Dozens of discord servers with recruit channels. 

You have options.

54 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Not asking, suggesting.  (Or telling, depending on how you look at it)

But...make a team.  Seriously.  DE isn't going to restrict open world activities just because you don't find people to run bounties with. 

No luck with the in game recruit channel?  We got a recruit sub-forum here.  That not working?  Dozens of discord servers with recruit channels. 

You have options.

besides archwing and K-drives for traveling purposes free roam gear items are not necessary to complete a bounty. this isn't how open worlds traditionally function. its more about all four players physically choosing a bounty within an open world map. they should commit to this choice and participate in the bounty, so the freedom in "free" roam should not be a factor to bring up when a mission is due.

players telling others to create a custom squad specifically because of leechers proves that they have a negative influence on a player's experience. it feels forced and thus an unfair argument.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

23 minutes ago, MysticDragonMage said:

besides archwing and K-drives for traveling purposes free roam gear items are not necessary to complete a bounty. this isn't how open worlds traditionally function. its more about all four players physically choosing a bounty within an open world map. they should commit to this choice and participate in the bounty, so the freedom in "free" roam should not be a factor to bring up when a mission is due.

players telling others to create a custom squad specifically because of leechers proves that they have a negative influence on a player's experience. it feels forced and thus an unfair argument.

Fair or unfair is a childish concept and has a limited place in discussion like this, first, second, where has it been confirmed that public matchmaking is only pairing people who have bounties? 

For all we know, when you loaded in, you got stuck with someone who has no interest in a bounty and never took one. Which means you are now dictating how other people play the game.

And forced, really? You're in a game where the developers soft your progression, missions, gear, etc. To a certain degree, everything is forced. 

The reason people always say to make a team when these complaints arise is because it's the best option to keep everyone happy without major changes to the game, simply because you don't want to feel "forced" into being responsible and making a team. 

Edited by MagPrime

19 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Fair or unfair is a childish concept and has a limited place in discussion like this, first, second, where has it been confirmed that public matchmaking is only pairing people who have bounties? 

For all we know, when you loaded in, you got stuck with someone who has no interest in a bounty and never took one. Which means you are now dictating how other people play the game.

And forced, really? You're in a game where the developers soft your progression, missions, gear, etc. To a certain degree, everything is forced. 

The reason people always say to make a team when these complaints arise is because it's the best option to keep everyone happy without major changes to the game, simply because you don't want to feel "forced" into being responsible and making a team. 

Earlier, I went to the Vallis to go fishing.  I'm *pretty* sure that I set my mode to solo first.  But the game apparently disagreed, because I'd been zapping Tinks for a few minutes when suddenly people started joining my game.  Maybe I forgot, maybe the game glitched.  Either way, I was out there first, with NO bounty selected.

44 minutes ago, MysticDragonMage said:

besides archwing and K-drives for traveling purposes free roam gear items are not necessary to complete a bounty.

I use archwing for combat, scouting, and stealth. My k-drive allows additional mobility even when I have a slow frame while searching for stuff like the timed caches.

They are aren't necessary just like having fastest frame, invisibility frame, meta playstyle isn't necessary. They are versatility that that you should be able to choose to use if you saw fit. And I don't feel limiting is a good compromise as it affects everyones playstyle. Whereas leechers only affect some.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Fair or unfair is a childish concept and has a limited place in discussion like this, first

you apparently think that it is unfair for players to not be able to use open world gear while a bounty is active.

second, where has it been confirmed that public matchmaking is only pairing people who have bounties?

when a player has physically chosen the bounty within fortuna they are paired with people who have also chosen that same bounty once they enter Orb Valis. thus every player has physically agreed to do that bounty so everything else is simply unnecessary.

i never encounter this because i choose my bounties within fortuna and leave Orb Valis when they are done.

And forced, really?

really. im confident in that opinion.

You're in a game where the developers soft your progression, missions, gear, etc. To a certain degree, everything is forced.

ive played this game for a while now. played it on console with most of the popular primes and payed for cosmetics. yet, i sold my console, and started the grind all over again on PC. dont lecture me about progression. you seem to accept the limitations of this game, but apparently forcing players not to use there open-world gear items during the bounties they have chosen is drawing the line.

if you say that creating a squad and going solo is the only way to avoid leechers 100% of the time. then yes, its forced. i should not "have" to do those things just because of a flawed system.

24 minutes ago, MysticDragonMage said:

you apparently think that it is unfair for players to not be able to use open world gear while a bounty is active.

when a player has physically chosen the bounty within fortuna they are paired with people who have also chosen that same bounty once they enter Orb Valis. thus every player has physically agreed to do that bounty so everything else is simply unnecessary.

i never encounter this because i choose my bounties within fortuna and leave Orb Valis when they are done.

really. im confident in that opinion.

ive played this game for a while now. played it on console with most of the popular primes and payed for cosmetics. yet, i sold my console, and started the grind all over again on PC. dont lecture me about progression. you seem to accept the limitations of this game, but apparently forcing players not to use there open-world gear items during the bounties they have chosen is drawing the line.

if you say that creating a squad and going solo is the only way to avoid leechers 100% of the time. then yes, its forced. i should not "have" to do those things just because of a flawed system.

You seem to have confused my post with someone else's in a couple places, at no point have I said anything about restricting gear. 

That being said, the tone of your post indicate a level of egotism and indignation at a conflicting opinion that I genuinly have no interest in dealing with, have a good one.