Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New free roam areas (planets)

(PSN)richu611

42 minutes ago, (PS4)richu611 said:

Anyone have ideas for the next planet for free roam? I hope for mars

They are following the sequence players unlock the starchart. For that matter, Mercury is probably the next one to receive its Open World map. The civilization on that planet will probably be related to the Grineers like the Kavors or Steel Meridian.

44 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

I rather have end game content , proper rewards and rework on new player expirience

translate end game. I see that phrase a lot and no one ever has a definition that says anything different than what is in the game already. Were I a dev I would see that statement as saying the game is too easy and Im bored. And that leads to nerfing.  This game is different in that you can make your own "end game" content. Do a mission to mob lv 300+. You want harder stuff, DO harder stuff. End game content is there if you look for and work for it.

I could see them pulling a Sea of Thieves with Jupiter and RailJack with their next open world map...Have floating cities and processing plants drifting around while the player navigates a massive map with the Rail Jack coming into port locations or fighting with Corporus and Grinner ships while below the clouds massive Jupiter creatures await...

Floating domed city in the orbit of Jupiter or Saturn.  Huge, mostly abandoned maybe with scattered survivors from the infested that have taken over.  The whole thing would be streets (or some other more futuristic form of travel system) and buildings/structures with maybe a big overrun park/lake in the middle for those other activities like fishing hunting.  I would like to see the city more closed in though with multiple paths through buildings, streets, alleys or even over with archwing.   Something different but still big enough to be an open world area.

vor einer Stunde schrieb ThumpumGood:

translate end game. I see that phrase a lot and no one ever has a definition that says anything different than what is in the game already. Were I a dev I would see that statement as saying the game is too easy and Im bored. And that leads to nerfing.  This game is different in that you can make your own "end game" content. Do a mission to mob lv 300+. You want harder stuff, DO harder stuff. End game content is there if you look for and work for it.

End game is sustainable content, that's it. "make your own end game" doesn't make any sense. Maybe you enjoy playing an hour until you get high level enemies and then fight them for another hour, all that for pretty much nothing, but most people do not.

At most I could agree with DE making an open area for each major enemy faction, which means a future Infested and Corrupted open world. Eris and the Void seem like ideal locations for future world building and exploration.

Beyond that I think DE should just drop making open worlds and focus on new tilesets and new enemy types. POE and Orb Vallis aren't really that spectacular and feel out of place in WF honestly.

IMO, having more than 1 open zone map for each faction is a waste. There's not much to fiddle with other than different looking maps, but factions remain the same. I would bet Eris as next one, could be really interesting with the Myconian colony, and a possible sentient one in the future if/when we ever get to Tau.

On 2018-12-12 at 1:03 PM, German said:

End game is sustainable content, that's it. "make your own end game" doesn't make any sense. Maybe you enjoy playing an hour until you get high level enemies and then fight them for another hour, all that for pretty much nothing, but most people do not.

Which is why I have made the suggestion SEVERAL times to have the ability in standard missions (NOT Alerts, Invasions, Bounties etc) to have the ability to select the NPC start level. Grinding thru and hour to go from 60 to 150 really sucks. Bring back the reason this game was so popular to begin with instead of only dumbing it down to get the numbers up.

On 2018-12-12 at 6:26 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

They are following the sequence players unlock the starchart. For that matter, Mercury is probably the next one to receive its Open World map. The civilization on that planet will probably be related to the Grineers like the Kavors or Steel Meridian.

Sauce? I've heard nothing about it, not saying it's impossible but is it something you know for sure because DE said it or because seems logical to you?

If it's the second case someone else could come up stating the next open world should be about infested or sentient since that sounds logical too....

Technically the next free roam area is space in Railjack. Might sound boring at first thought, but on second thought there are actually tons of possibilities, and wouldn't require the same amount of work as a detailed area on ground. 

On the side of that it's the New War, which may or may not come with new tiles and areas to explore, who knows at this point. They have been hinting on that it may partly take place in existing open worlds, which would make sense lore-wise. But I'm sure there will be some form of new surroundings as well. 

assuming they are going in starchart order, I think it'll be Mercury next. chances are this would be some kind of massive floating city since I don't think Mercury's surface is accessible (though I could be wrong). then it would be:

Mars: Desert/Wasteland map, sand tribe NPCs, old temples to explore and more)

Phobos: possiby either Corpus Floating City or a Corpus take on a desert landscape.

Ceres: toxic wasteland type map with lakes and rivers of glowing waste. fight at the heart of grineer industry!)

Jupiter: massive floating Gas city, perhaps coming with Jupiter remaster if it hasn't arrived before then.

Europa: arctic wasteland map with lots of hidden caverns, maybe some lore about the Obelisk Crash.

Saturn: a series of floating islands nestled amongst it's famous rings, maybe using Railjack/Archwing to travel between each.

Uranus: Waterworld: warframe edition, hoping to make our own customizable ships to take to the seas and raid the Grineer like true space pirates! arr!

Neptune: a massive corpus metropolis, more lore about how they indoctrinate people and about the corpus in general

Pluto: a new kind of snowy world, hopefully not to similar to Orb Vallis. maybe have it set in the mountains?

Eris; the infested open world! a massive forest of technocyte where horrors lurk around every corner!

Sedna: some kind of massive grineer settlement secretly run by steel meridian. more grineer lore perhaps.

On 2018-12-15 at 4:11 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

assuming they are going in starchart order, I think it'll be Mercury next. chances are this would be some kind of massive floating city since I don't think Mercury's surface is accessible (though I could be wrong). then it would be:

Mars: Desert/Wasteland map, sand tribe NPCs, old temples to explore and more)

Phobos: possiby either Corpus Floating City or a Corpus take on a desert landscape.

Ceres: toxic wasteland type map with lakes and rivers of glowing waste. fight at the heart of grineer industry!)

Jupiter: massive floating Gas city, perhaps coming with Jupiter remaster if it hasn't arrived before then.

Europa: arctic wasteland map with lots of hidden caverns, maybe some lore about the Obelisk Crash.

Saturn: a series of floating islands nestled amongst it's famous rings, maybe using Railjack/Archwing to travel between each.

Uranus: Waterworld: warframe edition, hoping to make our own customizable ships to take to the seas and raid the Grineer like true space pirates! arr!

Neptune: a massive corpus metropolis, more lore about how they indoctrinate people and about the corpus in general

Pluto: a new kind of snowy world, hopefully not to similar to Orb Vallis. maybe have it set in the mountains?

Eris; the infested open world! a massive forest of technocyte where horrors lurk around every corner!

Sedna: some kind of massive grineer settlement secretly run by steel meridian. more grineer lore perhaps.

wow