Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic much?

kasichyko

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

That is kinda oversimplifying things though. Not every endless fissure has a useful or wanted rota C reward to begin with, it is pretty much on a mission to mission basis. If I play an endless fissure where I dont really need or want anything from C and run out of the relics I need then I simply leave at the next possible moment. 

It is afterall a PuG, so people should expect others to leave at any point, if you want specific conditions and a certain number of rotas it is better to make a pre-made.

well, maybe, but there's some unwritten rule, especially for fissure missions: 20 min survival, 20 ways of defence, people expect that 

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

It is rather annoying when people join an ENDLESS mission and leave early even though there are other alternative missions probably up at the same time. That being said I also think one should never expect anything from a public squad. They should have looked for a group from the recruiting chat if they wanted a long farm run.

It is rather annoying when people join an ENDLESS mission, and leave ever. They're ENDLESS, people. You shouldn't be able to leave when you want to. You should be locked into the mission forever and das it, mane. What you have to do outside of the game is unimportant. Either play endlessly all the time, or don't play at all. 

19 minutes ago, Blackthorn66 said:

It is rather annoying when people join an ENDLESS mission, and leave ever. They're ENDLESS, people. You shouldn't be able to leave when you want to. You should be locked into the mission forever and das it, mane. What you have to do outside of the game is unimportant. Either play endlessly all the time, or don't play at all. 

Yeah this is real unfortunate. People focus too much on their in-game builds instead of investing time into getting pee bottles and minifridges near their PC setups. If you were smart, you could also work from home and keep the camp farming going while doing all that stuff as well. Goddamn filthy casuals smh...

Veterans don't take kindly to this new age of players gracing Warframe, its brought in ALOT of self entitlement, nerf crying (for like 1 shotting level 30s..like cmon) and overall handholding.

Warframe is about pushing limits. I'm guilty of shaming newer players because of this as well. Not afraid to admit it. Why would you load up an endless only to do 5mins/rounds? Why would you load up a high end axi and afk in a corner to "leech"? Or load up a high end endless axi relic for example...at mr 7....when you only have 1....then complain the rest of us who have been playing for so long want to go longer?

New players in this new age have left a sour taste in my mouth. And ive been playing since Closed Beta. You want veterans to respect you? At least go the full 4 rotations. 4...not 2....not 3...not 1.....4. Its a start. Ask questions. improve. Fight something harder than level 30s and stop basing opinions on low level content. Spoiler alert: You unlock everthing in the game (not counting rivens) by MR14, that said you can push yourself to do so much more than...mot even. Im not saying go endurance run everything...But I took a bunch of newbies in my Discord out into an hour long survival on Lua, They had a blast and got so much out of it. 

Warframe is about grinding to get the loots to kill the thing to get the loots to kill the thing to get the loots...ya see what im saying here. Push yourselfs. And maybe, JUST MAYBE, we might actually stop being toxic.

The issue isn't that you left at 15, its that youre not even trying, youre doing bare minimum and expecting gratifying results.

3 hours ago, kasichyko said:

Did you know that an attempt to leave at 15 minutes mark in a fissure survival is a reason for harrasment? I did not.
Both H***** and Z***** (the latter being a founder) plain harrased me for the only reason I picked no relic (first  person picking no relic to clarify  I was leaving and no comment from them during this period) and wanted to leave the mission. I did not even think of taking screenshots of the whole thing at the moment but if DE was to do something about it and checks the logs, it'll be kind of obvious.
But seriously, how come that out of the very few toxic players I've EVER encountered in this game... they are practically seniors game-wise. Not some random player that started a few days ago, but players that have spent hundred and hundred of hours in the game and yet... this toxic?
Not even telling me to pick one and stay (if they so thought that it was a blasphemy to want to leave), treating me like less than a child about the whole matter,  calling me the inconsiderate one when they continued the mission and made fun of me for not having a relic on (as some rare item dropped).

I would not often complain about these stuff mainly because they are usually players that come and go, but these two actually a good time in the game and honestly i cannot believe they behave like this for such a thing. 

Why are you surprised that it was a vet that was toxic over a new player? I have never had a toxic experience with a new player in Warframe but, I have had a number with "vets". It's usually ether their blinded by their nostalgia and say something flat out stupid like "I never experienced any bugs or problems with raids" or some other garbage. Or they would complain about a newer player coming to something underprepared or just expect the game to be something it just isn't, or think their more valuable then the standard player to de. (With this one I would even argue the opposite)

5 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

What was the harrasment? Calling you dumb or similar stuff?

Because you know...C Rotation is still a thing most people want to get.

I can get rude pretty quick myself if I see someone wants to leave before 20/40/60 minute mark. Glady I only play "pug" when I have 2 other member from my clan around so the single pug can't extract on its own.

This is not defending H**** and Z****, just giving arguments why they acted like they did

I've gotten to the point where I dont want to play arbitrations without 2 other people I know because I am so tired of being pulled out at rotation a and then unable to even do arbitrations until it rotates and then the next rotation is something I dont want to do like excavation.

6 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

And how exactly does complaining on the forums about 2 people not treating you with candy and sweet words when you do something very annoying makes the situation better? You are being toxic yourself in posting this.

Pretty much sums it up.

Every now and then someone creates a thread like this and appears to be in complete shock and dismay that Warframe is not immune to the dredges of online gaming.  And some how the rest of the community is labelled toxic in one form or another 

If OP believes this playerbase is toxic, he/she is in for a very rude awakening.

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Anyone can be toxic, including you.

To which I mean, publicly shaming the players by naming them is also "toxic" and can constitute harassment, I suggest you remove the names.

That said, no one is special. Anyone and everyone has off days, anyone and everyone can be an arse.

You should remove the content aswell as you make the same comments as OP

How obvious you tell someone not to do like that and you do the same :facepalm:

• Like 1

Simply report them to Zen Desk if you feel they're being a bunch of asses and play another match. Stuff like this happens whenever randoms are involved.

3 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

And how exactly does complaining on the forums about 2 people not treating you with candy and sweet words when you do something very annoying makes the situation better? You are being toxic yourself in posting this.

The irony is lost on you, sir.

Edited by R.O.G.U.E.

11 hours ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

Don't do ENDLESS missions if you wanna leave right away.

If I want to do an endless mission, I'll do an endless mission. And if I want to leave right away, I'll leave right away. And if someone gets triggered by that, I'll put them on ignore so I can't "hear" them moan about it in chat.

If you don't want people in endless missions to leave right away, then don't do public games. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Anyone can be toxic, including you.

To which I mean, publicly shaming the players by naming them is also "toxic" and can constitute harassment, I suggest you remove the names.

That said, no one is special. Anyone and everyone has off days, anyone and everyone can be an arse.

Good statement that is responded to with 

5 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:

You should remove the content aswell as you make the same comments as OP

How obvious you tell someone not to do like that and you do the same :facepalm:

Huh?   I'm confused.  

9 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Yeah you will be more confused over time .. welcome to the forum 2.0 where most things are confused with confussing content

and making it more confused than it should be .

Makes sense !

Now that's just confusing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Borockobama said:

Veterans don't take kindly to this new age of players gracing Warframe, its brought in ALOT of self entitlement, nerf crying (for like 1 shotting level 30s..like cmon) and overall handholding.

Warframe is about pushing limits. I'm guilty of shaming newer players because of this as well. Not afraid to admit it. Why would you load up an endless only to do 5mins/rounds? Why would you load up a high end axi and afk in a corner to "leech"? Or load up a high end endless axi relic for example...at mr 7....when you only have 1....then complain the rest of us who have been playing for so long want to go longer?

New players in this new age have left a sour taste in my mouth. And ive been playing since Closed Beta. You want veterans to respect you? At least go the full 4 rotations. 4...not 2....not 3...not 1.....4. Its a start. Ask questions. improve. Fight something harder than level 30s and stop basing opinions on low level content. Spoiler alert: You unlock everthing in the game (not counting rivens) by MR14, that said you can push yourself to do so much more than...mot even. Im not saying go endurance run everything...But I took a bunch of newbies in my Discord out into an hour long survival on Lua, They had a blast and got so much out of it. 

Warframe is about grin8ding to get the loots to kill the thing to get the loots to kill the thing to get the loots...ya see what im saying here. Push yourselfs. And maybe, JUST MAYBE, we might actually stop being toxic.

The issue isn't that you left at 15, its that youre not even trying, youre doing bare minimum and expecting gratifying results.

Good thing I don't play with veterans very often, i guess.

It is great that you help out us "little guys" every so often, but expecting everyone else to play the same way as you is going to lead to a life of frustrations.

I have run a survival and stayed 30+ minutes. I have gone 5 minutes and had to bail.  Pretty much everyone I play with has been understanding in such cases.  I don't really go into these missions to only do one rotation.  I have a wife and 2 kids under 5.  Life happens, and I honestly give 0 thought to if my needing to go handle it irks some guy who feels self important about a video game and "unwritten rules" beyond not being a jerk and doing your best to help the team in the missions. 

• Like 1