Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Azima, A.... well its just bad. worse now.

(PSN)ForNoPurpose

Lets look at the alternatives... because this pistol is now held as a equal option with the Zenistar and the Zenith..

Azima, the Zenistar and the Zenith are mostly above average weapons. nothing special in their stats that puts them hugely beyond other options. However each of these weapons has a unique effect that puts them in an "well above average catagory" that makes them worthy options as a log in reward choice that is first made available at 150 days. all of them but the Azima.

To break down these options...

Zenistar is a legend. on its own its a Axe style heavy blade that has innate heat damage and an above average status chance. A unique and well known mechanic is the ability to throw a disc that projects a Horizontal Aura, this also transforms the base weapon itself into a pretty decent slash weapon. This Disc is often cited as one of the best things you can use in this game, as it is strong enough to easily defeat enemies that enter its effective radius. the result is an above average weapon that has a unique power that can be kept up infinitely that can trivialize some content in this game.

Zenith is equally a monster... Featuring high status with a focus on slash and good damage in its primary fire. where the Zenistar can turn any chock point into a deathtrap, the Zenith has the ability to instantly invalidate Cover, walls, Terrain of any kind. The Alt fire here fires a disc that highlights enemies through walls, Gives the weapon (effectively) infinite punch through, and turns the weapon into a semi-automatic sniper that deals increased damage with increased crit (tho loses status chance). Let that sink in for a moment. See enemies through walls and snipe them as if there was nothing blocking the shot.

The Azima primary fire is slightly above average for a pistol. The primary fire has decent status and crit chance and lots of slash. The Alt Fire here is the unique effect similar to Zenith, Firing the entire magazine which then turns into a sort of "bullet Sprinkler". Sadly this rarely has any effect beyond wasting ammo as the + pattern of the bullets and rarely has any effect against both individual enemies and groups due to insignificant damage in the 1% chance one of the fired rounds hits. tho the "turret" fired rounds have the same traits as the primary fire, there is quite honestly, no situation in this game that is not better served with the primary fire or another better weapon.

in the past this weapon got off with the explanation that it was the first Daily reward weapon, it was supposed to be not as good. But now its a equally available option with Zenistar and Zenith. Weapons that are so far superior that when ever i see the question asked, "which weapon should i get" the answer is always "Anything but the Azima".

So... Please can we get this poor weapon a buff that makes it a viable option when weighted against its peers?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

What about Sigma and Octantis?

Sigma/Octantis is a semi-decent sword/shield weapon, imo. Better than the Silva/Aegis, mildly worse than Silva/Aegis Prime. Its' unique effect is throwing the shield itself at enemies, rather than a ground slam. Gives it better than expected range, even if you have to be precise with aiming it, or just aim at a crowd.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Ahh the baby maker smg.. i was a super fan of the deliverance personally.

I would rather a semi homing disc that fires directly like the the teidiore deliverance.

I would rather make it work like some cheap deployable turret system,  like that air support charge we have.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Fallen_Echo:

I would rather make it work like some cheap deployable turret system,  like that air support charge we have.

and drain less ammo. azima is already one of those weapons which gets a lot of its dps/status from the high fire rate more so that high dmg/pojectile which makes the whole ammo economy more of an issue outside of using carrier/mutation.

i would even prefer it behaving like a shockwave mine which releases a pulse of radiation shockwaves every second or so in a ~12-15m radius. the circular firing it has right now sounds nice on paper but in practice it hits some targets around it but that actually doesnt matter at all since none of the target at later levels take anywhere close to enough dmg from that spraying of bullets. its more wasted ammo than anything and thats not even talking about the direction issue it can have depending on the terrain. on the plains/orb its not even worth considering the alt fire imo simpy because the landscape makes such straight horizontal shots miss more so than even randomly hitting anything.

its totally wasted ammo right now to use the alt fire. if its really supposed to stay like this then it needs to hover like the zenistar disc and have more directional firing points. 8 would sound really strong in theory but in practice it wouldnt be imo, outside of using mag maybe.

Edited by Xydeth

I never liked Azima because the hip-fire and Zoom Accuracy are drastically different.

When it first came out I had to correct the Wiki stating it was a very accurate weapon.

That person was obviously zooming since if you don't zoom the bullets go all over the place. I'm glad DE stopped doing that.

• Like 1

I thought the alt-fire might be good for things like the Spider boss and the nullifier bubble spam. Load it up with a huge magazine, punch through, blast status, and ammo mutations. I never tested it in the Orb fight(never done them), but I'm sure you can just ignore all the enemies so it's pointless.

Edited by ArcKnight9202
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Its the only gun i have ever modded for reserve ammunition capacity since i use it for its secondary function 

Yes, i did that too.. utter garbage against anything higher than level 5 enemies.

But yeah take it to lith on earth and its at least amusing. Beyond that the joke falls flat tho.

I definitely think adding a guaranteed explosion effect to the alt fire once the magazine has been depleted would make it incredibly more useful (assuming the explosion is of decent damage). Additionally, I think the bullets firedby the disk should be targeted horizontally on the nearest enemy within range.

Edited by Almighty_Jado
  • Like 1

Am I the only person in the whole world that thinks the Azima's secondary fire is actually very useful?

I've got a lot of +ammo and +magazine on mine so it lasts longer than usual, and I've found it to be a pretty reliable DPS boost in most missions. Problem is scaling, but it is a log-in reward weapon so I don't know if it is fair to expect it to scale into the endgame very well. But for most of what I enjoy (Orokin Derelict, Plains of Eidolon) it works fine. Especially when you consider it is ideal in melee loadouts that don't actually use melee stances (having primary or secondary equipped).

• Like 3

Easiest way to fix it would be to turn the disk into a straight up turret that targets the nearest enemy. It could either only have 1 side firing or instead have all 4 firing at seperate enemies, and stops firing if there are no enemies in LOS.

Also if it's the second option maybe make it fire slower? Or increase the duration per ammo on the thing because as of now its abysmal.

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Am I the only person in the whole world that thinks the Azima's secondary fire is actually very useful?

I've got a lot of +ammo and +magazine on mine so it lasts longer than usual, and I've found it to be a pretty reliable DPS boost in most missions. Problem is scaling, but it is a log-in reward weapon so I don't know if it is fair to expect it to scale into the endgame very well. But for most of what I enjoy (Orokin Derelict, Plains of Eidolon) it works fine. Especially when you consider it is ideal in melee loadouts that don't actually use melee stances (having primary or secondary equipped).

We have all done this. I even used - fire rate effects to push it even further. quite frankly it barely has any effect beyond early game, such as the inner planets. The zenistar however has uses against enemies above 100, even above 500. Meanwhile the azima just wastes 90% of its shots when done like this and is limited in use where the zenistar is truely infinite.

Its competitors scale well, why not it?

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

There are so many options in the game though. I'm okay using a weapon with a fun mechanic over the typical powerhouses. 

That's why I love miter, kulstar, dual razas, and furis.

Thats why i use panthera, ogris, angstrum, buzlok. But all these optio s and the ones you listed can scale up to the entire star chart with their unique effects.

A "fun" machanic that has more downsides to its use like ejecting your entire magazine and wasting 90% of the rounds contained within... its a login reward and it shouldn't be as bad as it is.

It can be better, it should be better. At the very least it should be as effective to make use of the alt effect as it is the primary.

Another downside of the secondary is if you dont have perfectly flat ground so probably most of the bullets hit nothing.

A hovering turret with some homing capacity can change alot this weapon.

And a final explosion is a good idea. A 100% impact proc to some CC seems logic.

For now i just used Azima for some fun in lower missions and by now dust accumulate over it...