Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.9 + 24.2.9.1

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Lythael said:

Nope her cheeks are still broken after this hotfix.

They didn't fix it fully.

https://imgur.com/a/c7IZigd

Its just slightly better but still deflates and bends awkwardly when crouching.

Yea definitely still not properly fixed while crouching.Probably still 1 last fix away from being perfect.It still looks like the unfixed version in steve's tweet.

35b9RMV.jpg

Just now, GrilledMeat said:

Why not increasing the chances of getting it instead of giving a "easy way" to get them

Well the drop pools are already pretty padded with these drops. >40% of the drop table for the profit taker fight is between gyro atmos and repeller. I'd rather be able to farm the archwing mods easier. I've only spammed the orb fight with no resource booster to get to shadow, baruuk, and a couple full sets of arcanes. Still no critical focus.

Just now, Lewtenant said:

Well the drop pools are already pretty padded with these drops. >40% of the drop table for the profit taker fight is between gyro atmos and repeller. I'd rather be able to farm the archwing mods easier. I've only spammed the orb fight with no resource booster to get to shadow, baruuk, and a couple full sets of arcanes. Still no critical focus.

Im not talking about orbs here, no one farm systems there, im talking about the second phase where you can complete the mission in 2 mins, did you even try to get those systems?

ABSORB
What Nyx can do with her 'Absorb' now allows for more tactical team play / solo play. 

• Nyx Absorb explosion radius increases based on the Damage Absorbed (capped Nyx to 75m max).
  • A thematic element of 'manipulating others damage' has now been weaved through Nyx's Absorb. Absorb now has 'lingering Absorption' - Nyx's Absorb now converts a % of the Absorbed Damage into a self Damage buff when the ability ends for a limited time, dispelled on recast. This means as your teammate or enemies power your Absorb, you can tactically break it for damage/range - and/ or a self-damage buff for Nyx imbued by those around you! This synergizes with Mind Control, allowing more powerful victims, as well as allowing more lethality on Nyx's weakened and distracted enemies. 
    • Added +400% Damage cap to Nyx Absorb Damage buff.

I like the idea of giving Nyx more usefulness as a support role since she's already helping allies by CCing huge groups of enemies with Chaos and removing their defenses with Psychic Bolts. This damage buff is a great idea that does seem to have some potential in pushing huge damage buffs to Mind Controlled enemies, but it's primary impact is adding some strategy and timing to Absorb. From my brief testing the buff seems to be working properly, though you need some seriously high level enemies (like, a dozen lv 120+ Grineer Heavy Gunners all wailing on you) to absorb the kind of damage needed to hit that 400% buff cap.

Unfortunately, for the time and investment of trying to pull this buff off properly the reward doesn't feel nearly strong enough. Assuming you're going for the strongest buff possible, absorbing the 100k-ish damage you need to hit that 400% damage means Nyx will be losing a significant amount of energy in the process as well as having to wait quite a long time for enemies to even survive long enough to rack up that kind of damage she needs to get the buff in the first place. Even if Nyx decides to let enemies just shoot her with her Absorb up that won't prevent teammates from killing these same enemies almost immediately, and it also makes using Chaos counterproductive since enemies will likely not be shooting you. It could take 60+ seconds of just standing around trying to desperately claw up that damage counter, and what do you get for all this effort? A buff that only lasts about 7 seconds and is disabled instantly if you try to recast Absorb. Also, the buff appears to be additive with damage mods like Serration instead of multiplicative like Rhino's Roar ability, meaning you're not actually going to see your weapons output 4x the expected damage despite what the buff says. With frames like Octavia and Chroma and Mirage floating around that can offer 600%+ additive damage buffs to the whole team with almost no time or effort required the 400% buff cap on Nyx doesn't feel very impressive.

The bit about shutting off when Absorb gets recast is particularly frustrating because using the protection of Absorb's nigh-invulnerability is a great way to safely approach a potential Mind Control target and shoot it a bunch in the head at point blank range without getting destroyed by other enemies. This buff is supposed to help her synergize with her Mind Control but if you leave Absorb off to actually make use of it, it can very easily just end up with her getting killed instead. I don't know if this was an implementation oversight rather than a deliberate design choice but I'm strongly hoping it's the former.

Despite being heavily flawed this damage buff is still a straight improvement to Absorb so I may be looking a gift horse in the mouth by criticizing it. I really do appreciate when the devs give some of the older, less popular frames some love and try to update their kits to keep on par with the new content. As it stands, though, this buff is simply too ineffective for players to even consider paying attention to let alone strategizing their playstyle around. I would suggest implementing at least one of the following for making this buff have a much more significant impact:

-Change the duration to 20 seconds. This is long enough for Nyx and her teammates to deal significant damage to enemies but warrants Duration heavy builds looking to make their Nyx play primarily a team support role rather than "invincible Terminator Nyx".

-Make the buff not shut off when Absorb is recast. Nyx is a very frail frame with weak defensive capabilities outside of Absorb. Allowing the buff to work simultaneously will make it much easier to incorporate it in her current game plan.

-Make the buff multiplicative and impact abilities as well, like Rhino's Roar does. I know this would make her buff pretty insane in terms of power, but considering how hard it is to pull it off even once compared to something like Roar I feel like that kind of impact is justified. "Huge risk, huge reward" would be the name of the game with this ability with the potential for a 400% multiplicative buff and would absolutely make Assimilate no longer be an "automatic include" mod since friendly fire would make the buff available significantly faster.

1 minute ago, GrilledMeat said:

no one farm systems there

The run time for tier 2 is about 5 minutes, for a 7.5% chance of systems. The orb fight takes about 6-8 minutes with a pub squad, and the repeller drop system rate is slightly higher. Plus you get way more standing guaranteed with crisma toroids. I dunno why people don't farm systems there. You also get the chance for critical focus, which is an awesome arch gun crit mod.

2 minutes ago, Lewtenant said:

The run time for tier 2 is about 5 minutes, for a 7.5% chance of systems. The orb fight takes about 6-8 minutes with a pub squad, and the repeller drop system rate is slightly higher. Plus you get way more standing guaranteed with crisma toroids. I dunno why people don't farm systems there. You also get the chance for critical focus, which is an awesome arch gun crit mod.

Everyone gets sub 2 there, idk what you are talking about.

Plus, there are other rare mods on the droptable for the phase 2.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Reverted the following fix due to breaking ‘Sprint Toggle’ controller functionality (will be revisited):

• Fixed not being able to do a Melee spin attack with controller unless you wait 0.15 seconds after pressing the slide button.

For me, 24.2.9 have affected the ability to bullet jump when not sprinting using crouch+jump, only doing regular jump most of the time. With the revert on 24.2.9.1 I can now bullet jump all the time without requiring to sprint first.

3 minutes ago, Lewtenant said:

Stage 2 heist takes 2 minutes +/- SOLO, I don't think I ever hit 3 minutes when farming systems, using Rhino and a Tombfinger/Rubico Prime.

Would it be possible to accelerate the bounty reward acquisition from Profit-Taker Heist: Phase 3?

Currently after the player has damaged the Orb's shields enough and the progress tracker reaches 100% (which is the essence of the bounty), one has to then wait about 30 seconds for Eudico to finish her voice lines. That's a pretty good chunk of time and I'm sure by taking on missions at this level, many players would presumably have the equipment to be able to travel the short distance to Fortuna before Eudico finishes talking. Well, I can't speak for everyone. 

I was humming poorly along to some music while farming Phase 3 and *what-ho!* I accidentally flew into the elevator without waiting for Eudico to finish speaking, losing out on the bounty reward and more or less wasting the past 5 minutes. That was my own blunder, I can't complain, but as a Quality of Life adjustment, I humbly request this change on behalf of all other bumble-frames such as myself. 

Thanks for reading! 😀

My question to DE how many on time it will proceed? I am a dog lover and the aelurophile, the question here in what, completing on a mission instead of the guard a dog or a cat why having escaped from the place of a skirmish my dog or a cat dies? why the guard constantly trudges for me, I to what wrote it, my dog or a cat in the known environment does not depart from me also it not the silly woman, so in what a probema? what does it there without me do??????😕

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • 

K-Drive Race Change:

• Increased the Standing gains from K-Drive races from 50 to 100 per gate: 
    • The amount of Standing rewarded is based on the number of gates * 100 (10 gates * 100 = 1000 Standing) if you successful complete the race.

The whole gaining XP on k-drives needs a buff, not just the points from doing a race..... it's not like we're actively using them in missions due to them being so much slower than archwings and having no access to our weapons (despite 2 free hands). 

Pretty much every mission I've done on Fortuna has players using the archwing as the primary source of transportation.

2 hours ago, Gaz_TTV said:

Really not happy with how you listed the change to spare parts as a “fix” was that to make people not get as mad about it?

It was an exploit anyway. Recently I went from mr18 to all way up to mr24, and I built so much stuff, specially prime weapons and my Orokin cells is still going 600+ strong, just by playing the game.

I'm running in a strange issue with this hotfix, in which after doing heist bounty 4 of fortuna (the spider-orb fight) and returning to fortuna, the elevator loading that would then open to the mission summary menu lasts for Way too much, that it always forces me to do alt+f4, and not being able to keep the rewards this way means no crisma toroids for me... sounds like these fortuna optimizations weren't so good at least for my end...

Archived