Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think we all need to ease up on DE and cut them some slack

IllogicalLogic420

Please keep in mind, I admit I could be wrong about some thing's, or even all of this, but this is simply what I have observed and what I have pondered about.

Let's face it. Take a moment, detach yourself from the game and it's all-consuming powers, and think objectively.

The fanbase (here comes the hate, I can feel it now) has fostered a new sense of content greed. (The first I've seen, anyway)

What do I mean? I'm glad you maybe asked!

We have a lot of content already. DE has been enormously gracious to keep shelling out content for us.

Yet we never stop asking for more.

More.

More, more, GIVE US MORE DE!!!! *foams at the mouth*

I've noticed some connections.....this "more" we all ask for, could actually be hindering the game and it's progress in ways, which is why we've suffered many obstacles in the road maps for this game.

I could elaborate more, but I don't want to put my full spiel out there, as I want people to remain as open-minded as possible about this.

Hey, stop throwing things at me! Put out that fire! I'm only making a post!

😛

I think if we all exercise some patience, greater thing's will come.

Please keep in mind, I admit I could be wrong about some thing's, or even all of this, but this is simply what I have observed and what I have pondered about.

Warframe is the gift that keeps on giving - this shiny new toy that is more or less "new" to us, so we get carried away, always expecting more...more....FFS DE WE WANT MORE GET TO IT PRONTO OR WE WIL- *user died of content greed rabies*

But seriously, we should back up and ease off DE a little bit, give them some room to breathe. It's like we threw them in a defection mission, deleted the Med Boosters, and Sit-Emote on a wall somewhere watching them suffer. Lol.

Anyway, thank you DE, for everything ❤️

Edited by IllogicalLogic420
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, WindigoTG said:

Then why start a thread, if you don't want to start a discussion?

I'm afraid you don't understand how discussions work, and how to let them flow optimally.

edit: Yeah, there's more than enough there to have a large discussion about this, I'm sorry I don't know what you're not understanding but I'll try my best to help you.

Edited by IllogicalLogic420

Um... some of us would just like what we have to actually be finished properly, rather than being left in the half finished state they're in now.

DE has a habit of adding in half baked stuff and then moving on to the next thing while saying 'we're listening, we'll change things up' just long enough for us to just give up bothering to get things changed, it's happened with arbitrations, eso, recent cosmetic changes, previous reworks to frames, even the changes to fortuna/orb were token changes which didn't actually change anything in regards to the low value rewards which we've been complaining about. 

Now I'm hoping that some of the stuff they've said in the last devstream actually 'fixes' the complaints many of us have but in all honesty, while I enjoy the game, I really do wish DE would actually finish what they start, after taking on board our feedback, instead of wasting resources on things that will likely keep us 'entertained' for a few days at best (I'm on about this new sprint PvPvE thing).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Um... some of us would just like what we have to actually be finished properly, rather than being left in the half finished state they're in now.

DE has a habit of adding in half baked stuff and then moving on to the next thing while saying 'we're listening, we'll change things up' just long enough for us to just give up bothering to get things changed, it's happened with arbitrations, eso, recent cosmetic changes, previous reworks to frames, even the changes to fortuna/orb were token changes which didn't actually change anything in regards to the low value rewards which we've been complaining about. 

Now I'm hoping that some of the stuff they've said in the last devstream actually 'fixes' the complaints many of us have but in all honesty, while I enjoy the game, I really do wish DE would actually finish what they start, after taking on board our feedback, instead of wasting resources on things that will likely keep us 'entertained' for a few days at best (I'm on about this new sprint PvPvE thing).

"Paragraph" 1: I see. I agree.

Paragraph 2: That's a really good point actually, that's more or less what I meant about "obstacles in the road maps". I think DE is trying to appease us as much as possible, and taking on more than they can/should at any given time, resulting in rushed releases of content. That ties into "we're asking for too much, too fast". Imagine how thing's would have gone the past 4 years, if, instead of shelling out content upon content, they shelled out half of what they did, but at higher quality. We still end up with more of a game than any title like BF, CoD, Halo, Destiny, ect.

Paragraph 3: That ties into "too much too fast" again. But I suppose fault could also lie on DE, as well-intentioned as they are, we the players, and DE, should slow down a bit.

P.S. What part of the game is PvPvE?

il y a 20 minutes, IllogicalLogic420 a dit :

DE has PvP phase every year.
This year it's a PvE style PvP race..?

Last time it was Frame fighter, Lunaro, went as far back to PvP events, conclave and then all the way back to Dark sector.
They always tries to entertain us for a bit with some fresh PvP stuff even though they never really work.

Like he said above, I'd much rather see DE finish up the very promising system they've pushed forward instead of sidetracking for minigames that have no longevity whatsoever.
It's fun that they're trying new things. It's less fun when you consider that all the time put on those minigames could've fixed an entire system by now.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Last devstream they talked about a 'sprint race' which is basically going to be us running point a to point b using our parkour skills etc as fast as possible... unless that gives me some really high level conclave standing I can't see me bothering with it.

1 minute ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Okay I can agree to all of that. So DE just needs to realize, we don't care about the minigames. They're cool, sure, but.....it's not what we want.

But hey, at least they're trying, and at least they're listening to us, for the most part 🙂

The main issue with the minigames is that there are usually free options already out there and what DE gives us isn't as good as the free options. 

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Last devstream they talked about a 'sprint race' which is basically going to be us running point a to point b using our parkour skills etc as fast as possible... unless that gives me some really high level conclave standing I can't see me bothering with it.

The main issue with the minigames is that there are usually free options already out there and what DE gives us isn't as good as the free options. 

To be honest, the sprint PvP sounds like absolute fun, but that's me 😛

And yeah that's a good point, about other free alternatives to these mini games.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)alexismartinez14 said:

Well it is a Ftp game, most of the community here comes off as entitled to more content. Unless you actually support DE by buying prime access then I don't think you are entitled to what YOU want. Spoiled is what we are.

"Spoiled is what we are." --Agree  coupled with a very low attention span = the need to keep churning out new shineys all the time.(Not helped but so many high profile streamers whining about last years "lack of new content".

Agree also with the following comments,

54 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Um... some of us would just like what we have to actually be finished properly, rather than being left in the half finished state they're in now... I really do wish DE would actually finish what they start, after taking on board our feedback, instead of wasting resources on things that will likely keep us 'entertained' for a few days at best (I'm on about this new sprint PvPvE thing).

and

46 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

...  I think DE is trying to appease us as much as possible, and taking on more than they can/should at any given time, resulting in rushed releases of content. That ties into "we're asking for too much, too fast". Imagine how thing's would have gone the past 4 years, if, instead of shelling out content upon content, they shelled out half of what they did, but at higher quality. We still end up with more of a game than any title ...

I'm with the camp that says go back and shore up (fix) the basics.

• Like 2

Let's face it, with the prospect of legitimate competition from Triple-A companies, DE needs to step it up by analyzing the game as a whole. There are so many great concepts in the game currently being held back because of the lack of initiative and general attention. Conclave is an abandoned mess, and Sanctuary Onslaught doesn't have much to offer in the long-run. As much as DE needs to look forward, with Empyrean, New War, etc, They also need to go back and fix the issues currently present in the Star Chart. Sustainability is the name of the game, and DE'll have their hands full if they don't know how to balance sustainable content with new & old mechanics & modes. That road map looks like a decent start, I just hope they don't hold back like they did last year. I want challenge & rewarding experiences, not stagnation.

• Like 2

I don't think players should ease up on DE... I think DE should grow a spine and stop giving players what they want... but after hearing about the new Road Map... its never gonna happen... which means Warframe is just going to get Buggier and Buggier...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I don't think players should ease up on DE... I think DE should grow a spine and stop giving players what they want... but after hearing about the new Road Map... its never gonna happen... which means Warframe is just going to get Buggier and Buggier...

You know who else doesn't give players what they want? EA, at least DE listens.

5 hours ago, WindigoTG said:

Then why start a thread, if you don't want to start a discussion?

Yeah, this.

I don’t care if content is in smaller, more frequent chunks or larger and further apart, but please make sure I can earn it through bread-n-butter, good ole’ fashion combat.

If at any point in 2019 you force me to do some new version of robo-ice-fishing or use a duck-whistle and track animal poo just to create a new gun, blade, or Warframe, I’m gonna lose it.

Core Combat should ALWAYS enable content progress.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Let's face it. Take a moment, detach yourself from the game and it's all-consuming powers, and think objectively.

The fanbase (here comes the hate, I can feel it now) has fostered a new sense of content greed. (The first I've seen, anyway)

We have a lot of content already. DE has been enormously gracious to keep shelling out content for us.

More.

I've noticed some connections.....this "more" we all ask for, could actually be hindering the game and it's progress in ways, which is why we've suffered many obstacles in the road maps for this game.

I could elaborate more, but I don't want to put my full spiel out there, as I want people to remain as open-minded as possible about this.

😛

Warframe is the gift that keeps on giving - this shiny new toy that is more or less "new" to us, so we get carried away, always expecting more...more....FFS DE WE WANT MORE GET TO IT PRONTO OR WE WIL- *user died of content greed rabies*

But seriously, we should back up and ease off DE a little bit, give them some room to breathe. It's like we threw them in a defection mission, deleted the Med Boosters, and Sit-Emote on a wall somewhere watching them suffer. Lol.

You new to the party or something? This has legit been going on for years. The player base will always have their own opinion or idea, someone will always complain whether we like it or not, their complaining will only be relevant if the idea  has some some legitimate thought into it ( I like to think that.)

Edited by bronzebonobo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

More.

😛

Admire the sentiments and won't argue with any of what you've said. :clap:

Unfortunately people with our mindset seem to be in a minority here.

You will likely get swamped with comments from the "no-lifers" who spend every spare moment playing this game, then complaining when they run out of stuff to do.

They just can't get it into their tiny minds that content they blow through in a matter of weeks, can take DE a year or more of painstaking development (for major updates anyway).

Then they inevitable return to the subject of "why don't they create a PvP mode, so we can have something to do while we wait for the next update?".

Conveniently choosing to ignore that DE have already tried to deliver PvP modes...which very few people liked...and why would the devs spend a year or more creating a new game mode, without any guarantee players would even like it...especially when they are already struggling to push out normal content quickly enough?

Not to say I think the game is perfect...there is always room for improvement and I get frustrated by host migration & other bugs as much as anyone. But at the same time I respect the fact that DE have their own way of working and that they genuinely care about their product (even if it doesn't always feel like it, in-game).

They do the best they can, but sometimes they fall short of their own standards, as well as our expectations.

Anyway, just wanted to say great post...but I don't think you'll get too many positive replies.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

when de spends a year on reskinned content that is doable in a couple of weeks, yes people will complain. and they have every right to complain. they could be making changes to the rest of game game far quicker with same maybe more replay value instead of leaving everything half made. its been years this game has been around and theres still no endgame. its not rocket science, games have endgames for like decades now. while all de did is remove that one endgame we had cus it wasnt "new player friendly". 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

DE has PvP phase every year.

true, they would have much more success by making not direct PvP, but instead of making some sort of competition on PvE basis, Pacifism Defect has really good competition aspect to it, I did really enjoy it