Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

You have to be completely oblivious to ignore all the fails EA has had from the last few years and then expect their new game to be magically better! Lmao lets count it out Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefront 2 gambling pay to win bs, Dragon Age fail, Battlefield V fail, and let's not forget the failure of Mass Effect Andromeda! The pay to win bs in all their sports games and you still pre-order their crap wow! This is why EA will never change because they know someone will always have selective memory and keep on buying into their crap! 

They are well aware of their failings and (can hear the laughter) have vowed to change. Lets give them a chance. Strange that no one has commented about DE being owned by a Chinese company. I've an inkling that China's disregard for human rights trumps anything that EA have done, however bad their company ethics were.

Just now, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

They are well aware of their failings and (can hear the laughter) have vowed to change. Lets give them a chance. Strange that no one has commented about DE being owned by a Chinese company. I've an inkling that China's disregard for human rights trumps anything that EA have done, however bad their company ethics were.

It's better you don't write too much, if you are lucky they will only close this post...

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Have you played any EA game before from the last ten years? Remember Command and Conquer?, Sims 4? Madden? Mass Effect? Battlefield? Star Wars? Need For Speed? All the same! Anthem will be just like the rest and don't come back here and pretend that we didn't warn ya!

I can say that I've played nearly every game EA has made from the last ten years across many genres and platforms and I know what they have done to all of them! 

Well you obviously haven't learned from your past purchases if you keep, or kept, buying their games.

Something must have drawn you back. Fun perhaps?

Well you obviously haven't learned from your past purchases if you keep, or kept, buying their games.

The last EA game I have bought was Star Wars Battlefront 2 and will be the last I ever buy with my money until further notice 

Seriously, i play war-frame only because it's free but after that i understand it's a frustrating game with frustrated people, a better alternative it's welcome!

I pre-order anthem too but no because im Hype about it is just because im filthy rich and can afford any game that i want. A huge amount of people al salty about anthem its no only because EA, is just because is a pay game, you need ps+ for online or a NON potato computer. You can play warframe with out ps+ and a potato with a fan, They hate people moving to a better place or getting stuff that they cant afford.

warframe is good? as player we have to be thankful  

anthem is good? as player we should be also thankful.

If anthem bring good content and good gameplay i bet D.E. will have to use some kind of content nitro and no will present less contest drought since there is a new contender on the ring. 

Better the new games come, the more current developer have to improve they product. 

Im pushing for a good anthem game, a good destiny 3 game, and why no a good warframe updates.

Edited by xcenic

hace 55 minutos, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 dijo:

Again, and DE not deserve a second chance. 

And EA it´s a EEUU company. A country where the use of guns is allowed, with hundreds of murder for these per year, one of the country most racist, where the police kill black people only for be black, have a ..... president like Donald Trum and much more. So, EA it´s not bad for be american, it´s bad for be EA. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

Again, and DE not deserve a second chance. 

And EA it´s a EEUU company. A country where the use of guns is allowed, with hundreds of murder for these per year, one of the country most racist, where the police kill black people only for be black, have a ..... president like Donald Trum and much more. So, EA it´s not bad for be american, it´s bad for be EA. 

What in the world are you talking about? I think the thread has devolved into a misinformed sociopolitical discussion. Might want to reign it in before a mod closes this. Or, maybe just let this trainwreck continue...

• Like 3

hace 1 minuto, (PS4)Awesomenisticus dijo:

What in the world are you talking about? I think the thread has devolved into a misinformed sociopolitical discussion. Might want to reign it in before a mod closes this. Or, maybe just let this trainwreck continue...

Exactly my point mix political and videogames don´t have sense. So say that DE is bad for the owners it´s chinesse it´s nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Manceypants said:

There is no game that is a rival to Warframe. Anthem looks to be good but I'd doubt its a long term option. But even if it is, no game is meant to be played for 7000 hours and still be fresh and enjoyable. You need to learn to pace yourself. 

Fresh an enjoyable after 7.000 hours yes if you are frustrated and you want to loose your life here...

Anyway DE is managed by the original founders , the Chinese only  bought a lot of stocks many years ago this is not a your  problem.

Edited by bibmobello

Anthem does not have swords.  Some of the exosuits or whatever have daggers or hammers, but no swords.  I can not hit enemies with my sword in Anthem.  Thus, Anthem will be a terrible game.  I just want to hit things with my sword.

1 hour ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Wondered when that totally original comment would emerge. Have you played Anthem yet? Neither have I. I've played Warframe a few times and can comment.

This argues more in favor of not pre-ordering. Why bargain on the state of the game prior to release? EA's track record does not inspire confidence. 

They are well aware of their failings and (can hear the laughter) have vowed to change. Lets give them a chance

No.

This reminds me of the Hussein parody character from South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut: "I can change, I can change!". I'll believe it when I see it. I'll might give the game a chance after launch if it turns out to be well received. I learned my lesson 4 years ago with Batman Arkham Knight, I'm not falling for it again. 

This doesn't just apply to 'AAA' games for me either, I don't even pre-order from indie developers I trust.

plenty games have been claimed to "rival" warframe: Destiny 2 and Red Dead online are a couple examples, and they're both practically flat-lined already. as for EA, this is a company at literally had the audacity to tell the Belgian Government that THEIR laws were wrong in response to the lootbox controversy. it baffles me how incredibly greedy, arrogant and short-sighted a company can be, but as long as people are buying those damn sports games like FIFA and NBA, they'll just keep doing what they do.

I'd love for another developer to come along and make really great sports games, better than EA's in every way and without Microtransactions; not so I can play them, I don't like sports, but so that I can laugh as EA's financial backbone gets shattered into a billion pieces as they lose the audience that''s been keeping them going for so many years. it's fun watching the greedy AAA companies screw up, I just wish they'd do it harder and more often so that they might eventually think about changing tactics.

They arent owned by a chinese company though, they are partners with a Hong Kong company, thats quite different than China.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

plenty games have been claimed to "rival" warframe: Destiny 2 and Red Dead online are a couple examples, and they're both practically flat-lined already. as for EA, this is a company at literally had the audacity to tell the Belgian Government that THEIR laws were wrong in response to the lootbox controversy. it baffles me how incredibly greedy, arrogant and short-sighted a company can be, but as long as people are buying those damn sports games like FIFA and NBA, they'll just keep doing what they do.

I'd love for another developer to come along and make really great sports games, better than EA's in every way and without Microtransactions; not so I can play them, I don't like sports, but so that I can laugh as EA's financial backbone gets shattered into a billion pieces as they lose the audience that''s been keeping them going for so many years. it's fun watching the greedy AAA companies screw up, I just wish they'd do it harder and more often so that they might eventually think about changing tactics.

Micro transactions are the cancer of modern games...It' not an EA problem, every developer use this crap in every game  even tekken WTF! I have to pay for a new character in tekken , they can put the new 5 euro character where they well know!!!

Strange that no one has commented about DE being owned by a Chinese company.

Probably because those of us who are aware are also aware that:

1. The deal was 3 years ago, and the game has been fine since.

2. Said deal allowed them to publish Warframe in China.

3. "Leyou has indeed acquired Digital Extremes, but has only acquired 100% of the Canadian studios’ ‘B-shares,’ which do not grant Leyou voting rights."

https://games.mxdwn.com/news/leyou-technologies-holdings-purchases-digital-extremes-creators-of-warframe/

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

Micro transactions are the cancer of modern games...It' not an EA problem, every developer use this crap in every game  even tekken WTF! I have to pay for a new character in tekken , they can put the new 5 euro character where they well know!!!

yup, it's the new norm sadly.I hope these practices end one day, but it'll take a serious kick up the a$$ to do so.

If you really have an issue with China being involved with your games here's a thing: Tencent. They own, have a stake in, or have established partnerships with several gaming companies including Ubisoft, Riot Games, Take 2, Activision-Blizzard, Supercell, and Epic Games (They also partly own PUBG). More specifically, they own Riot Games, they have a 40% share in Epic Games, and have a majority stake in Supercell. The other two, Ubisoft and Activision-Blizzard, they own a stake and are using the investment to bring the devs various games to China in different forms. There are also rumors that they have, or are working on, a deal with Square-Enix to begin bringing their games to the Chinese market or produce new games for them based on existing or new IP's. 

And that's just one company. Do some cursory research and you find a lot of investment by Chinese companies in many foreign markets, American or otherwise.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, spyroxion said:

Is it even possible to go lower for EA than they are now?

There's only two lower limits in existance: the bedrock in Minecraft and the hell layer in Terraria. Any other bottom can be smashed through indefinately. Especially if we're talking triple A publishers.