Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Anyone else getting slowly triggered when reading "opineon"? >_______> I didn't mind it at first but damnit.. it gets to me.. help..

Its a new form of evee 😄 its a steel type and its ability is close minded where your opinions dont count and she is always right. 😄

On 2019-01-22 at 2:29 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Maybe take a minute to read what I actually wrote in what you quoted aswell as what I've said previously. Because that is exactly what I'm saying, Anthem only shares the "suits" with WF, they have nothing more incommon. Anthem will sure pull some players from WF but the mechanics and everything else is more Destiny/Firefall or even The Division than it is WF.

My bet is that Anthem will just be another run of the mill sci-fi shooter with rpg elements with none of the extra things that makes WF special. I also doubt it will be a horde shooter/arpg style of shooter. It will probably be more small group based when it comes to enemy density etc.

edit: Also, in the end, there is no getting away from it being run by EA. Which is the biggest issues for me to ever consider picking it up, even if it seems "good".

Exo suit and remote control led infested drone are wee bit difrent. But i got your point. And it is the exo souit part that draws me To anthem like ol days of firefall 

35 minutes ago, coolteemu said:

Exo suit and remote control led infested drone are wee bit difrent. But i got your point. And it is the exo souit part that draws me To anthem like ol days of firefall 

No matter how cool the game seems, it is still EA published. So get ready to be treated like a street skank.

8 hours ago, coolteemu said:

I think Anthem seems pretty cool. It plays pretty cool, when you can play. It's got a lot of promise and potential, and the Javelins are definitely the thing that draws me to the game as well. But it's a mess right now, and in no shape to be a rival to Warframe. I think there are things Warframe can draw from it, though, like an improved flight model and more verticality in their level design (particularly their open worlds). I also very much like the aesthetic of Anthem, and wouldn't mind seeing Warframe have some of that aesthetic (including their approach to NPCs and their attire).

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

6 hours ago, coolteemu said:

Well see if they break the no content dlc or what ever the promise was

I'm sure they wont break it, I just expect them to release barely nothing and call it free content.

If you've been around EA over the years you should know how little you actually get for what you pay when it comes to DLCs. Now imagine what happens when those DLCs are supposed to be free...

hace 50 minutos, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n dijo:

I think Anthem seems pretty cool. It plays pretty cool, when you can play. It's got a lot of promise and potential, and the Javelins are definitely the thing that draws me to the game as well. But it's a mess right now, and in no shape to be a rival to Warframe. I think there are things Warframe can draw from it, though, like an improved flight model and more verticality in their level design (particularly their open worlds). I also very much like the aesthetic of Anthem, and wouldn't mind seeing Warframe have some of that aesthetic (including their approach to NPCs and their attire).

Verticality and weakpoints. 

In my case, maybe it´s only me, but i like more the aesthetic of warframe that the anthem. Never believe said this, lol. 

Warframe now has some decent competition, luckly Anthem is pure PvE game as of now. If EA adds some good form of PvP into it.... then I don't see myself and all and friends in Warframe anylonger. 

LYCKLY Stalker Mode (playing as Stalker and invading public missions) is coming this year (info from Rebbeca - Prime Time #233) so maybe that will fix this problem for good. 

What are your thoughts fellow Tenno? Should Conclave get more focus? Or Stalker Mode is only way to improve PvP in Warframe? 

Yes I know it is mostly PvE game but killing the same stupid AI bullet spoonges FOR YEARS is a good way to get burned out by game and change it. PvP on the other hand is not so easy to get bored with EVEN in mostly PvE game such as World of Warcraft, Diablo series, many other MMORPGs, Destiny etc.

Well when pvp gets added to Anthem. I 100% believe it will be like Warframe. Players will play the pvp mode only because it’s new but the player count will drastically decrease over days. I honestly don’t see a great pvp mode being added to a game like Anthem. Anthem will be good. I don’t see it good enough to truely compete with warframe. Once you feel like you need to take a break from Anthem. Atleast you can come back to Warframe with new content,

• Like 1

I mean, if Anthem gets PvP I still won't play it and I'll stick to Warframe. I don't do PvP in any game anymore.

I'm not knocking the game. I haven't played Anthem but have been watching streams of it and it looks fun. Is it $60 fun for me? Debatable, if there's a free weekend I want to try it though.

I also believe conclave or a newer form of PvP should be worked on, but also there's not many people compared to the PvE side of the game that play to dump the resources into. Part of me thinks Stalker mode will be like the rest of the modes. People play it because it's new (I personally don't plan to play it), once the novelty runs off people will fade from it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

I'm pretty sure anthem will be good...

Information coming out of the demo suggests it has some real problems. Some of this is certainly correctable (at least one hopes so), but the game is very close to launch and it's stability and connectivity are very poor in this demo. The open "beta" in a week or so should prove illuminating...one way or the other. 

Also, there's the bait and switch nature of both progression and the in-game economy hanging over the whole game like the Sword of Damocles. This is more serious to long term viability: whether it can become a good game worth playing, or just another opportunity for EA to farm money hats to wear while riding diamond ponies. It's EA. I doubt they'll be able to restrain themselves if they sense there are whales to be harpooned. 

Time will tell--and not that much time. 

• Like 2

As much as I would love for PVP to be improved, warframe isnt going to lose players because of that. And even if Anthem (which im sure of) is really good, its going to have a hard time becasue it has EA in its name. I for once wont buy it, even though I would love to play it. Same reason why I have never bought any CoD games. I dont like supporting scummy companies.

• Like 1

There are some die-hard pvp players in warframe - they are small in number but passionate - I don't know if PvP in Anthem would pull them away from Warframe for long. Afterall, EA, but its always possible. From what has been shown and EA's track-record, I have no enthusiasm for Anthem, but I hope it succeeds for the sake of players and the individual devs.

Yeah, well... Let's just see if Anthem survives the launch.

Then we'll see if it has any player retention past two months.

Then we'll see if EA f***s it up with its monetization scheme. (I'm looking at you, "selling hotkey bars in KotOR")

We've seen "Warframe killers" come and go. We even had Trion shills do some native advertizing for Defiance 2050 on this forum. And that game suuuure is doing well... /sarcasm

Warframe is still growing, and similar games are either dying, or has hit their equilibrium. And EA is known for axing games that are on the decline or simply isn't growing any more. Furthermore, a lot of Warframe players are playing other games as well, so the notion of "stealing players from Warframe" is quite silly.

Anthem has a lot of difficulties from launch. The early access/advertizing demo demonstrated how badly prepared EA was at running this game as a service. EA is notorious for its insidious business practices and predatory monetization scemes. And the game concept is far from ground breaking. It is basically Firefall without the massive community events and mechanics, with some ME:A and Destiny mixed in.

We'll see if Anthem is going to do an "Icarus".

Let me correct my self. 

If Anthem get's good PvP Warframe will no longer get new players.

Why play space ninja farming? If you can play space ninja farming WITH working PvP.

Yes, right now Warframe has almost no PvP player. (1%) BUT it isn't because there is no place for PvP in Warframe but because DE have left the mode to die and didn't even bother to fix BIG problems (new players loadouts, match browser, 0 resources from match in FARMING game). So almost all PvP and PvP+PvE players left the game. 

If Anthem gets them then Warframe will LOSE them. 

Most popular online games are ones with PvP so players demand it. (LoL, Fortnite, etc.). Warframe is NOT appealing to such gamers without PvP.

Hello doomsayer number 5,286. Every time a new game in the sci-fi looter shooter genre comes out, Warframe hasn't taken a substantial hit and is still here. Please understand, none of you have been correct. It is much appreciated if you all stop trying to be oracles of gaming and leave people to enjoy what they enjoy. 

Thank you

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

Information coming out of the demo suggests it has some real problems. Some of this is certainly correctable (at least one hopes so), but the game is very close to launch and it's stability and connectivity are very poor in this demo. The open "beta" in a week or so should prove illuminating...one way or the other. 

Also, there's the bait and switch nature of both progression and the in-game economy hanging over the whole game like the Sword of Damocles. This is more serious to long term viability: whether it can become a good game worth playing, or just another opportunity for EA to farm money hats to wear while riding diamond ponies. It's EA. I doubt they'll be able to restrain themselves if they sense there are whales to be harpooned. 

Time will tell--and not that much time. 

So, as someone who played anthem this weekend, let me provide you with some things that you aren't gonna hear from YouTube and how the game generally compares. 

It feels similar to warframe as far as combat goes and that's not a bad thing. It's well put together and with the one stronghold they have in the demo (their dungeons) you can really see the need for actual teamwork. This is a point I think warframe fails in, is the fact that there is absolutely nothing in the game that requires teamwork. In anthem I can't imagine taking on some od the fights solo. Maybe because I'm not a super hardcore gamer. 

Another thing is it's stability - yes it had a rough start. I mean on Friday I didn't get into the game until almost 10pm. But I'm not gonna knock them for that because it's a demo and it's ultimately a server issue. Every developer everywhere has underestimated day one server demands. This VIP demo has surely given them ideas and it was fixed within a day. Now, to compare to warframe, compare to the very, very buggy release of POE. I loved the Plains, still do. But they had a really bad start and it took quite a bit for DE to stabilize them. It's no different than the Anthem demo. 

Now, the monetization in the game is really the only thing we don't know much about, and obviously any microtransaction system is gonna be compared to Warframes. But from what we have seen, the items in the vanity shop that we had access to were all cosmetic and could be bought with gold earned in game. Remember, EA is publishing the game, but Bioware is taking the primary lead here and I'm hoping they stick to their word that it stays cosmetic only and the only things that might only be able to be purchased with premium currency is new javelins outside the base four. 

Yotube feeds on toxicity and a sure fire way to get views is to bash on EA and anyone under their tyranny. That's why basically no one is staying "yeah, I enjoyed it. It had a couple hiccups, but I'm hopeful." 

Now of course, people are going to come back to warframe if they migrate, but this game is going to be a competitor regardless of what people think. Especially since there is an endgame, there are dungeons and raids planned, which is one thing people keep asking for. 

But to address OP, PVP is not going to be the selling point for people. 

Even ignoring the PvP aspect-

Even assuming the technical issues in the demo will be fixed-

Even if EA somehow keeps their damn hands off it and don't start charging for individual bullets-

It still won't kill Waframe.  Team Fortress 2, is an eleven-year-old game, was "killed" by Overwatch (Not to mention a dozen other things), has had very little actual development done to it in the meantine, and is still clinging to the Steam's Top 10 most played list.  Free is incredibly hard to kill.

• Like 3